PoW and DssoC Official overseas travel 2019-present

Started by wannable, February 05, 2019, 07:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

I just read that they are going to Cuba after all!  I'm so excited - I know he will want to see and experience the architecture, and I'm looking forward to seeing some great pictures.    :happycry:

Curryong

Yes, this visit and the photos there should be very interesting.

sandy

I don't think she'll stay for the whole tour. It's hot there. And there was some quibbling about the food by her supposedly

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on March 17, 2019, 04:02:20 AM
Yes, this visit and the photos there should be very interesting.
Looking forward to the first photos and videos of their Caribbean tour.

sandy

Camilla apparently is taking a breather from the first part of the tour. And probably will leave early.

wannable

Here's the Tour schedule, the POW was/is intended to be alone in St. Lucia. 

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit St Lucia, Barbados, St Vincent and The Grenadines, St Kitts and Nevis, Grenada, Cuba and

Camilla flew ahead of the POW and is waiting for him in Barbados

The trip to the island paradise is a brief stop of a few hours for the heir to the throne before he flies on to Barbados where the Duchess of Cornwall is waiting, having flown out ahead of the tour's start.

wannable

Quote from: sandy on March 18, 2019, 05:06:06 PM
Camilla does not complete entire tours. Her predecessor did. Diana also did so when she was ill with morning sickness.  Diana had spa treatments but did not interrupt tours to get them.

Camilla has not interrupted this tour.  I posted the official schedule from the POW site, she was not intended to be in the first stop St. Lucia, but Barbados onward.

wannable

The tour will begin in St Lucia on 17th March, where The Prince of Wales will be guest of honour at an event to mark the country?s 40th anniversary of Independence, following a welcome to the island by The Governor General and The Prime Minister. The Prince of Wales will later attend a reception for guests from across the island.

The Duchess, who is President of the Women of the World Festival, will attend an event for Barbadian women of influence. The Women of the World festival (WOW) is a global festival movement to celebrate and encourage women and girls to overcome inequality. Her Royal Highness will also join a Commonwealth Big Lunch, and visit a diabetes clinic, before joining His Royal Highness for a meeting and reception at The Prime Minister?s residence.

Some are individual and some are joint.

Keep on reading it here The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit St Lucia, Barbados, St Vincent and The Grenadines, St Kitts and Nevis, Grenada, Cuba and

wannable

Quote from: sandy on March 18, 2019, 05:28:36 PM
You can say it was announced all you want. My point is that she has a history of not being on the tour with Charles the Whole Time.

And they get along just fine.  :shrug:

If there is any article that Charles is angry with the wife who cannot do work hard tours under the rain or shine. Please share, and I'll get your point.

Double post auto-merged: March 18, 2019, 05:37:44 PM

Quote from: sandy on March 18, 2019, 05:34:44 PM
Diana would have been slammed by you and others for shirking duties. But with Camilla you find all sorts of excuses.

I am not talking about the time of the divorce I am talking about Diana's work habits from the outset of her marriage. She could have begged off at going to Wales or leaving early because she had morning sickness. But she wanted to do well with duties and persisted.

Oh yeah, more excuses for Camilla. Charles probably has no choice, Camilla does as she pleases.

She does what she pleases for sure. She wouldn't be invited to do any tour, partial or full, if Charles was angry or the powers that be.

wannable

So what Charles wants, Charles gets.  :D

His Camilla by his side, partially or totally, there it is. 

TLLK

Looking forward to reading about the tour, seeing photos and videos of the couple's trip to the Caribbean.

Double post auto-merged: March 18, 2019, 11:28:49 PM

Video from today's arrival in St. Lucia.

Prince Charles arrives in St Lucia for royal tour - YouTube

wannable

Clarence House
‏Verified account
@ClarenceHouse

The Prince of Wales speaks about the importance of the Commonwealth during the #RoyalVisitStLucia. The Prince's visit on Sunday marked the 40th anniversary of St Lucia's independence. Read HRH's speech in full: A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales at an event to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of St Lucia?s independence | Prince of Wales

Your Excellencies, Prime Minister,  Ladies and Gentlemen,
It could hardly give me greater pleasure to be with all of you here in St. Lucia this evening and to play my part, however small, in helping you celebrate this fortieth anniversary of St. Lucia?s Independence.
Her Majesty The Queen specifically asked me to bring you her warmest greetings and congratulations. I realise, of course, that I am slightly late for the big day itself but I have to admit that I am rather glad to have given you all an excuse to continue the party!
Above all, Ladies and Gentlemen, I am delighted to return to St. Lucia and to have this opportunity to see so many of you once again. My wife and I have particularly fondly memories of our last visit here, in 2008, as indeed I have from my time on the West Indies Station when I was serving in the Royal Navy back in 1973.
On this occasion, I am so pleased to be here, at Vieux Fort, and to have this opportunity to join the people of the South of the island for this special celebration.
Ladies and Gentlemen, if I may say so, for a small island, St. Lucia has a big history, and the road that St. Lucia travelled to Independence in 1979 was long and took many turns. Four decades on, as you look back at the journey you have taken and look ahead to the future you are building, the people of St. Lucia have so much of which they can be proud.
Today, the name of this land ? the only country in the world to bear the name of a woman ? is known the world over. 1.2 million international visitors flock to these shores each year; your sportsmen and women, and your musicians, are making a name for themselves internationally; as are young entrepreneurs such as Johanan Dujon, whom I met recently in London and whose company making organic fertiliser from toxic sargussum seaweed, the Caribbean?s first indigenous agriculture biotech company, is just one example of St Lucia?s abundant talent and creativity. Famously, of course, St. Lucia has more Nobel Laureates, per capita, than any other country on the planet.
Above all, Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me particular pride that St. Lucia today is such a vital member of our Commonwealth family, which binds together 2.4 billion of us, across fifty-three countries on six continents, through our shared experience and common values. This year we celebrate the Commonwealth?s seventieth birthday, making it, therefore, just a few months younger than I am myself. The Commonwealth has been a cornerstone of my life for as long as I can remember and, through all the unprecedented global change of these past seven decades, it seems to me that the Commonwealth remains as vital today as it has ever been. Importantly, the Commonwealth brings us together, and gives us the means to harness shared opportunities as well as to address common challenges.
There is no greater challenge facing all of us, in my view, and indeed in that of The Prime Minister as we heard, than that of climate change, which I know poses nothing short of an existential threat to this island as it does to every part of this region. I saw for myself the devastation that Hurricanes Maria and Irma wrought in Dominica, Barbuda and the British Virgin Islands when I visited those communities in November 2017. Tackling the truly alarming threat of climate change, and finding some ways of mitigating the risk it presents, is, and must continue to be, a top priority for the Commonwealth. I am particularly pleased to know, therefore, that through the Commonwealth Marine Economies Programme, the mapping of St Lucia?s seabed will not only inform our understanding of the effects of climate change, but has the potential to help develop St Lucia?s vital Blue Economy in significant and sustainable ways.
For this, and so many other reasons, I have great hope for the future of St. Lucia and her people.
This is a strong society, I know, and one which places special emphasis on family and community. As you celebrate, this year, everything that St. Lucia has achieved over these four decades of her Independence, I know that you also take pride in committing yourselves to building the strongest, brightest future for this country. For my part, I can only pray that St. Lucia and her people continue to thrive and to flourish, and that prosperity, security and wellbeing might be the inheritance of many generations of St. Lucians to come.
Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen and Happy Independence Day!

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales at an event to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of St Lucia?s independence | Prince of Wales

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on March 18, 2019, 10:52:14 PM
Looking forward to reading about the tour, seeing photos and videos of the couple's trip to the Caribbean.

Double post auto-merged: March 18, 2019, 11:28:49 PM

Video from today's arrival in St. Lucia.

Prince Charles arrives in St Lucia for royal tour - YouTube
Yes, I am as well. Getty Images has not posted anything as yet, but perhaps by tonight they will. It's a great time of year to be in the Caribbean.  Wasn't St. Lucia badly hit by a hurricane a couple of years ago?

Double post auto-merged: March 19, 2019, 09:33:13 PM

Woops - I should have read the POW speech that Wannable posted before I asked that last question.

wannable

@Princess Cassandra The DM has lots of pictures and videos.
Hello?is it ONE, you?re looking for? The Prince of Wales giggles with Lionel Richie as he announces him as global ambassador for The Prince's Trust
Prince Charles, 70, met with the 'Hello' singer while he was in Barbados today
Lionel Richie, 69, will introduce The Prince's Trust to an international audience
Royals are currently on a 12-day tour of the Caribbean and will also visit Cuba

The Prince of Wales announces Lionel Richie as global ambassador for The Prince's Trust | Daily Mail Online

Getty images, 58 pictures so far.

Prince Charles And Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Caribbean Tour Pictures and Photos | Getty Images,%20barbados&sort=best#license

sandy

Prince of Wales "giggles." HOw undignified. HE should keep those medals at home. Looks silly.

wannable

Thank you for sharing @sara8150

Kevin Maguire
‏Verified account
@Kevin_Maguire

No wonder the pampered privileged prince looks healthy at 70 when he's not done a proper day's work for decades and thinks a vending machine is a liveried servant with a decanter

Kevin Maguire on Twitter: "No wonder the pampered privileged prince looks healthy at 70 when he's not done a proper day's work for decades and

I am loving it, a bunch of men in twitter  :ugh: because Charles looks better then them.  :nod: :teehee:

sandy

Seriously wannabe! There are plenty of more attractive men. Charles looks ridiculous in those medals and old for his age. HE does not look healthy his fingers look swollen and he's red in the face.

wannable

It's great they are angry, perhaps that is the trigger needed for the flab's young and old to eat healthier and exercise.

sandy

Curryong

As regards Queen Mary being Princess of Wales for about eight years, (November 1901- May 1910) her mother in law Alexandra had been addressed by that title for nearly forty years right up to January 1901, so having Mary known as it probably seemed very odd to people at the time.

TLLK

@Curryong-Likely as strange to think that there would have been a King of the UK after decades of Queen Victoria's reign.

Double post auto-merged: March 20, 2019, 12:35:56 AM

Quote from: sara8150 on March 19, 2019, 10:49:51 PM
RICHARD KAY: We reveal the ruthless and VERY effective regime of His Royal Buffness! | Daily Mail Online

Prince Charles makes the most of his Caribbean tour by taking a dip in the sea | Daily Mail Online
Charles is very fit for a man of seventy IMO.  His moderate and healthy diet seems to be working, though like any senior citizen he has to likely work a little harder at it now. Retaining  muscle tone and trying to work on flexibility  is also sound advice.  :thumbsup:

Camilla has wisely selected from her collection of tunic tops and flowing pants for the Caribbean climate.  :)

sandy

The flowing tunics and flowing pants were more for visits to mosques than for leisure clothing. It seems out of place here.

Charles should keep his clothes on for the cameras. HE is not "buff."

sara8150

I?m quite agree with that @TLLK but Prince Charles looks so fit in his ages for muscles no matters ages for show off topless shirts but HM Queen wouldn?t approve with that!

TLLK

QuoteI do like Camilla's free flowing style.  :thumbsup: In a hot climate, those clothes are very good...protect from the sun and you do not feel as if you are being squeezed dry.
Yes I agree. At some point Camilla discovered these were an excellent alternative to a dress and hose for her visits to warmer climates. :thumbsup:She is re wearing some of the outfits that she's worn previously but might have had one or more new ones made.

QuoteThe beach is not for the young and beautiful. It is for everybody, whatever age, whatever shape. Well done POW
Agreed.  :nod:

Double post auto-merged: March 20, 2019, 01:14:50 PM

Clarence House on Twitter: "The Duchess of Cornwall joins pupils at the Derrick Smith School for a #CommonwealthBigLunch today during the