Camilla as Consort Discussion

Started by Curryong, August 14, 2018, 01:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

I'm imagining that the next coronation will be much less majestic than those of the past. If they can't convince her to be Queen officially perhaps they can find a unique way of including her in the coronation. She has borne such vilification that I don't blame her for not wanting to be put in the position of all that again. I'll be interested to see how you all feel about this.

LouisFerdinand

Blue Clover

Good news for Charles and Camilla.

Princess Cassandra

I'm very pleased with this news, but I certainly hope it will be years yet before "that time comes". This was so perfectly timed and needed to be said. No more speculation, thank heavens.

sara8150

How Camilla met Prince Charles and who she was married to when Princess Diana was alive - Mirror Online
Both met in 1972 both been friends for decades till mistress but Princess Diana not pleasure with Charles been see Camilla lots plus calls 24/7 HM Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Mother got aware that on Prince Charles but HM Queen Mother always says ?no visit mistress? when Queen Mother told Wallis Simpson not intive to King Edward

Prince William approves of step mum Camilla becoming Queen when Prince Charles is king - Mirror Online

TLLK

Not surprisingly YouGovUK has this topic as a daily question today.

When asked about her future title: 41% said she should be Queen Consort
                                                    15% said she should be Princess Consort.
                                                    34% Didn't know or didn't care.

TudorQueen

It's time for people to move past anger over Diana. As sad as it is, Diana is dead, and would never have been queen consort even if alive.

Camilla has been his wife for 17 years in April. She has been steady constant support.And a wonderful patron for her charities. She showed respect for Diana not using Princess of Wales even though that is Camilla's proper title. But Diana was never queen consort.

There is no such thing as princess consort in the UK. They would have to make it. And in fairness if they changed it for Camilla it should apply to every wife of a king after. Including Kate and George's future spouse. I doubt the public wants Kate not to be queen consort.

With Duchesss of Cornwall it was simply a matter of using one of the other titles. Not the case here.

I am glad the queen showed and voiced her vocal support. Time to let sleeping dogs lie.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TudorQueen on February 08, 2022, 12:58:49 AM
It's time for people to move past anger over Diana. As sad as it is, Diana is dead, and would never have been queen consort even if alive.

Camilla has been his wife for 17 years in April. She has been steady constant support.And a wonderful patron for her charities. She showed respect for Diana not using Princess of Wales even though that is Camilla's proper title. But Diana was never queen consort.

There is no such thing as princess consort in the UK. They would have to make it. And in fairness if they changed it for Camilla it should apply to every wife of a king after. Including Kate and George's future spouse. I doubt the public wants Kate not to be queen consort.

With Duchesss of Cornwall it was simply a matter of using one of the other titles. Not the case here.

I am glad the queen showed and voiced her vocal support. Time to let sleeping dogs lie.
I agree, and she has shown herself to be loyal and supportive and just quietly going about her duties. I'm sure HM has come to appreciate her and the help and support she has been for the POW.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on February 07, 2022, 11:04:20 PM
William backs 'Queen Camilla': Duke of Cambridge supports Duchess of Cornwall's title | Daily Mail Online
I've become skeptical whenever an article states that "sources close to....say...." , and this is certainly one of those articles. I think William most likely does support Camilla, but it's not a subject he would share with "sources".

TLLK

Polling was done yesterday.
QuoteNow her decision has been endorsed by the public, in a survey for the Mail of more than 1,000 adults conducted yesterday by pollsters JL Partners.

There were seven questions posed to the participants but the one that the article focuses upon is number 2 "Do you think that Camilla should or should not become Queen Consort when Charles becomes King? The majority of those polled 55% agreed that she should become Queen Consort. Should not was at 28% and Don't know came in at 17%. 

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on February 09, 2022, 12:25:11 AM
Polling was done yesterday.

There were seven questions posed to the participants but the one that the article focuses upon is number 2 "Do you think that Camilla should or should not become Queen Consort when Charles becomes King? The majority of those polled 55% agreed that she should become Queen Consort. Should not was at 28% and Don't know came in at 17%.
That should make Camilla feel more confident! May her star keep rising over the next 10 years.

sara8150

Why it?s time to start calling Camilla ?The Princess of Wales? ? Royal Central
For sake of late Diana,Princess of Wales what articles talking about that not since 1980?s and 1990?s respectively BUT Diana been gone since almost 25 years this August 31 many Londoner and global love late Diana,Princess of Wales nobody took Diana?s title ever!!

QuoteI?m not here to argue the happenings of the volatile ?80s and ?90s. We all know what happened, but the past is the past?no matter how many times Hollywood seems keen to dredge it up. Diana, for as much good as she did in her lifetime (and trust me, as a big admirer of both Diana and the work she did, I could write a book about her), has been gone for 25 years. The sins of the past are stuck there. Let?s not keep Camilla ensconced there, too, fortified by the weaponised memory of Diana.

The consort?s Crown which Camilla will receive ? Royal Central

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on February 10, 2022, 03:32:32 PM
Why it?s time to start calling Camilla ?The Princess of Wales? ? Royal Central
For sake of late Diana,Princess of Wales what articles talking about that not since 1980?s and 1990?s respectively BUT Diana been gone since almost 25 years this August 31 many Londoner and global love late Diana,Princess of Wales nobody took Diana?s title ever!!

The consort?s Crown which Camilla will receive ? Royal Central
We all think of the Princess of Wales as Diana, which is why the Duchess will continue to use her Cornwall title. 

sara8150

Why Camilla won't truly be Queen - Consort title explained | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Articles says Camilla will know as Queen consort or Princess consort

QuoteThe news Camilla will be Queen Consort shocked the nation, as it had long been thought that Camilla would never be Queen.

Public opinion was very divided over Charles and Camilla's initial relationship as many supported Charles' first wife Princess Diana, who claimed that Charles had been unfaithful during their marriage with Camilla.

So when Charles and Camilla's wedding took place in 2005, it was announced Camilla would hold the title of Princess Consort rather than Queen Consort when Charles becomes King.

In the years since Charles and Camilla's marriage, however, the Duchess of Cornwall's popularity with the British public has grown significantly.

So the Queen's declaration on the eve of her accession anniversary this year effectively put an end to years of speculation over Camilla's future title.

The Queen said in a written message: "And when, in the fullness of time, my son Charles becomes King, I know you will give him and his wife Camilla the same support that you have given me; and it is my sincere wish that, when that time comes, Camilla will be known as Queen Consort as she continues her own loyal service."

Although Camilla will likely be known as Queen Camilla when Charles is King, she will never truly be Queen - here's why.

When Prince Charles succeeds the throne upon the death of Queen Elizabeth II, Camilla will likely be known as Queen Consort.

Like Queen Elizabeth, wife of King George VI, and Queen Mary, wife of King George V, Camilla will likely be known as Queen Camilla during her husband's reign.

However, Camilla will be a queen consort rather than a queen regnant like Queen Elizabeth II is.

When Queen Mother always at husband?s side during reign and Queen Mary always same but Camilla will learn example on husband?s side during reign

Princess Cassandra

I am sure she will be sincerely and unfailingly supportive of her husband. And she is a natural, calm and empathetic person, which means she will continue to gain acceptance over time.

LouisFerdinand

Prince William looked very fancy in his ceremonial robes at the Order of the Garter ceremony.