Re: William and Catherine-Sports Patronages: AELTC, Football, Rugby and more

Started by PrincessOfPeace, May 13, 2014, 10:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge, who is president of the Football Association, will be in the Royal Box to see the domestic season finale between Arsenal and Hull City before returning to watch England's international against Peru, the final fixture before Roy Hodgson's squad heads to a training camp in Miami en route to the World Cup in Brazil.

William, 31, first presented the FA Cup in 2006 when Liverpool beat West Ham on penalties after a 3-3 draw in the last Final played in Cardiff while Wembley was being rebuilt.
More: Prince William to attend England squad send-off before World Cup in Brazil | Royal | News | Daily Express

Blue Clover

PrincessOfPeace

From Twitter
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 11 mins
#PrinceWilliam set for a Wembley double in May at #FACup Final and @england v Peru - me too!

cinrit

QuotePrince William to Attend England Squad Send-Off Before World Cup in Brazil

The Duke of Cambridge, who is president of the Football Association, will be in the Royal Box to see the domestic season finale between Arsenal and Hull City before returning to watch England's international against Peru, the final fixture before Roy Hodgson's squad heads to a training camp in Miami en route to the World Cup in Brazil.

William, 31, first presented the FA Cup in 2006 when Liverpool beat West Ham on penalties after a 3-3 draw in the last Final played in Cardiff while Wembley was being rebuilt.

He was present a year later at the new stadium for Chelsea's 1-0 extra-time win against Manchester United and then returned for Portsmouth's 1-0 defeat to Chelsea in 2010.

As president of The FA, he played a key role in last year's 150th anniversary, notably a football match and celebration of grassroots heroes at Buckingham Palace and a gala dinner on the date of the FA's founding.

More: Prince William to attend England squad send-off before World Cup in Brazil | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

Wlliam is really coming into his own. He is going to be an effective heir and brilliant king.

wannable

It's a busy weekend for the DOC's. 

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal
On Saturday 16th March The Duke of Cambridge will officially open @BrainsBrewery before attending the Wales vs Ireland Six Nations Match as Patron of the @WelshRugbyUnion.

Established in 1882, Brains is Wales? biggest brewer and the official ale partner of the Welsh Rugby Union.

TLLK

sara8150

wannable

Quote from: TLLK on March 16, 2019, 08:29:52 PM
Wales defeats Ireland today. 25-7

Yes!!! Six Nations Champion, and I wonder if the POW and Prince William will host them a reception/party. If so, they should invite Mike Tindall, for fun times et all.

Clarence House
‏Verified account
@ClarenceHouse

The Prince of Wales has long supported the @WelshRugbyUnion team and hosted a reception in 2008 after Wales won the Six Nations Championship and completed the Grand Slam.

The POW sent a congratulatory as well.

Clarence House
‏Verified account
@ClarenceHouse
12 hours ago

?Following your famous victory and a brilliant performance, I just wanted to congratulate all the team on your marvellous Grand Slam success. Please pass on my warmest wishes to all involved in this tremendous achievement, which made me extremely proud of Wales. Cymru am byth!?

wannable

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will host the inaugural regatta The King?s Cup this summer to raise awareness and funds for eight of Their Royal Highnesses? patronages.

Twitter

TLLK

There is a beautiful video accompanying the KP Twitter announcement highlighting the location for the race as well as the crafts that will participate in the Kings' Cup. The cup was first presented by King George V.  :happy: Both will skipper a craft during the race.
The charities that will be benefiting are the following: William's-Child Bereavement, Centre Point, Tusk, London Air Ambulance (30th anniversary campaign.)
                                                                               Catherine's: Place2Be, Action on Addiction, Anna Freud Centre, Royal Foundation (focus early childhood development.)

TLLK

Today the couple are promoting the launch of the King's Cup at Cutty Sark in London. 5/7/19.

Twitter

Have to say that I like Catherine's high waisted trousers for today paired with a navy/cream Breton top.

FanDianaFancy

Wonderful.

Double post auto-merged: May 07, 2019, 04:09:10 PM

Quote from: TLLK on May 07, 2019, 02:41:32 PM
Today the couple are promoting the launch of the King's Cup at Cutty Sark in London. 5/7/19.

Twitter

Have to say that I like Catherine's high waisted trousers for today paired with a navy/cream Breton top.

Good news.

wannable

Thank you for the information, I did not notice until now, that they DID carryout an engagement today related to the topic. 

Lovely words of William in reference to the Sussex baby.

TLLK

You are welcome @wannable but I did have the location wrong. They're doing the launch from Greenwich where the Cutty Sark is moored.   :blush:

Cutty Sark | Jump on board at Royal Museums Greenwich

Double post auto-merged: May 07, 2019, 04:47:25 PM

Short video from today's engagement in Greenwhich where the couple competed against each other in a virtual sailing race.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge face off in virtual sailing race - YouTube

sara8150

Blue Clover

Blue Clover

It was absolutely wonderful to see Prince William with team members from Manchester City today as they received the FA Cup today. Prince William seemed really excited to see each player.

TLLK

Photo gallery from today' final with their patron in attendance.

Duke Cambridge May 18 Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images,%202019&recency=anydate&sort=newest&page=1&suppressfamilycorrection=true#license

Blue Clover

@TLLK You have just made my day! Thank for posting those great photos!  :hug?:  I'm a huge Manchester City fan and I haven't missed a game since December. For me to see two of my favorite worlds collide is almost more than I can handle. Vincent Kompany, Gabriel Jesus, Kevin De Bruyne, Riyad Mahrez are photographed shaking Prince William's hand.  :notworthy: