William and Catherine Royal Duties (2011- August 2019)

Started by cinrit, March 17, 2013, 03:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

The Opera House is a great patronage for the Duchess.

TLLK

@Blue Clover - Yes I wouldn't be surprised if QEII hands this patronage to Catherine in the near future.

wannable

The Prince of Wales is the Royal Patron of the Royal Opera House (ROH) and the Royal Ballet, the later is also within the umbrella of the ROH.  HM QEII would need to request the POW to give up his royal patronage or the later wanting to give it up in favour to the DOC.

I believe Catherine will be a Royal Patron of a Textile related charity, recycling, reusing, something of the sort.  One can relate it to environmental issues and how to recycle textiles, it is an environmental issue when fashion houses do not reuse or recycle textiles.  Fashion trends is a billion dollar industry, perhaps Catherine will be championing Fashion through returning the textiles to be recycled.  Most of the Costume department of the ROH receives not only money donations for the 10,000 yearly costumes, but RECYCLE old textiles to make new costumes (the appeal at their website is 'ongoing', in other words 24/7/365 with the explanation of what costumes/textiles and donate).

QuoteVerified account

@KensingtonRoyal
Over the coming months, The Duchess will be exploring her interest in the use and manufacture of textiles through learning opportunities, visits to places like the @RoyalOperaHouse and meetings with industry experts.   

Blue Clover

Quote from: TLLK on January 16, 2019, 03:16:21 PM
@Blue Clover - Yes I wouldn't be surprised if QEII hands this patronage to Catherine in the near future.

@TLLK Okay, so this isn't officially her patronage? Is she subbing for the Queen today?
Also, as you mentioned before it mmay be one that is handed over from the Queen to other family members.

TLLK

Quote from: Blue Clover on January 16, 2019, 05:47:10 PM
@TLLK Okay, so this isn't officially her patronage? Is she subbing for the Queen today?
Also, as you mentioned before it mmay be one that is handed over from the Queen to other family members.
Yes this isn't her patronage as it is QEII's and no I don't believe that she's subbing for the Queen today. @wannable pointed out another organization that might be a possible new one for Catherine. She actually has a family link to textiles through her paternal ancestors, the Lutons.

QuoteThe textile and manufacturing industry is an area of interest to The Duchess. Her Royal Highness? great-great-grandfather, Francis Martineau Lupton, was a mill owner who ran the family?s successful textile manufacturing business, William Lupton & Company, with his three brothers.

wannable

@TLLK  the Queen is not a patron of the Royal Opera House nor the Royal Ballet.   The Prince of Wales is their patron.

TLLK

@wannable-QEII is the patron of the Royal Ballet. The PoW is the president. Lady Sarah Chatto is the vice-president.

The Royal Ballet ? Royal Opera House

QuoteThe Royal Ballet

Patron: HM The Queen
President: HRH The Prince of Wales
Vice-President: The Lady Sarah Chatto

The PoW is the patron of the Royal Opera.

QuoteThe Royal Opera

Patron: HRH The Prince of Wales

@wannable-I believe that I might have left some confusing information as the Royal Opera House has two important organizations sharing the facility. So we have the Royal Ballet-QEII patron and the Royal Opera-PoW-patron.  :)

wannable

I stand corrected.  :blowkiss: The Royal sites have the POW as the patron in his site, in HM site nothing.   The Queen's Patronages | The Royal Family

@TLLK I don't think the Queen can just take the patronage of the ROH from Charles and hand it out to the DOC.  I still think she won't be a patron of the ROH, but rather in a few months or mid term, something related to Textiles.

TLLK

Trust me @wannable I understand about the BRF website. It is very poorly managed and run IMVHO. The online CC is terrible. No wonder the Wales family members and the DoY choose to publish their own events via their social media accounts.

wannable

^ Yes agreed, but detailing the ROH site, note that Charles is the Patron of the ROH, not the Queen, the later is of the Ballet only. So, actually the Queen can only pass the Ballet to Catherine, the ROH would have to be passed by Charles.

wannable

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
Tomorrow at #WEF19 The Duke of Cambridge and Sir David Attenborough will discuss Sir David?s work highlighting the importance of the natural world and  urgent challenges facing the next generation of environmental leaders.

Watch live at 1.15pm tomorrow: A Conversation with Sir David Attenborough and HRH The Duke of Cambridge > World Economic Forum Annual Meeting | World Economic Forum ?

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "Tomorrow at #WEF19 The Duke of Cambridge and Sir David Attenborough will discuss Sir David?s work highlighting the

TLLK

@wannable - Thank you for the reminder. I'd forgotten that he was attending the WEF in Davos.

Double post auto-merged: January 22, 2019, 02:01:27 PM

First video of William in Davos.

Juris on Twitter: "Prince William is in Davos and set to interview David Attenborough on "urgent challenges facing the next generation of

wannable

Since his trip last year to Israel, Palestine, Gaza trip, Prince William has grown and matured into his position.

Here's the recorded interview with Sir David Attenborough
World Economic Forum on Twitter: "Watch as HRH The Duke of Cambridge interviews Sir David Attenborough @KensingtonRoyal https://t.co/llmvquankY"

TLLK

wannable

For tomorrow 23/01/2019 at the WEF Davos, Prince William will be part of the panel discussing Mental Health.

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge, Prince William will be attending Davos 2019, where he will talk about Mental Health at Work, his initiative to improve emotional and mental wellbeing in the workplace.
The full extent of mental health disorders is likely to be even higher than the latest data indicate, as it tends to be under-recorded across both the developed and developing worlds. Even those who are diagnosed don't always receive the right treatment. As the World Health Organization notes:
"Health systems have not yet adequately responded to the burden of mental disorders. As a consequence, the gap between the need for treatment and its provision is wide all over the world. In low- and middle-income countries, between 76% and 85% of people with mental disorders receive no treatment for their disorder. In high-income countries, between 35% and 50% of people with mental disorders are in the same situation." 

World Economic Forum Annual Meeting | World Economic Forum

sandy

Another prepared speech. I don't get why William talks about mental health work, there are practitioners and writers who would have more to say IMO.

dianab

Quote from: wannable on January 22, 2019, 06:01:10 PM
For tomorrow 23/01/2019 at the WEF Davos, Prince William will be part of the panel discussing Mental Health.

World Economic Forum Annual Meeting | World Economic Forum

Good on him for being in Davos... and the events he 'got' there...

wannable

I believe it will be styled as a discussion panel rather than a speech, Prince William is one of the panelists. William is a leader for the Mental Health At Work (MHAW), part of Heads Together, Royal Foundation. So far, out of the 4, he leads MHAW or is the only one who has had meetings with corporation and company presidents and human resources to discuss this issue globally with the other panelists and for audience consumption *be it live or recorded for posterity.

Blue Clover

@TLLK I am very happy to see that Prince William is focused on mental health issues, such issues have an impact on people from all class groups - even aristocrats and royals. Its important that there is a spokesperson who is a Crown Prince. This is a major contribution by Prince William.

TLLK

From the CC 1/22/19

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge today attended the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland.

His Royal Highness this morning received Professor Klaus Schwab (Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum).

The Duke of Cambridge afterwards attended a Meeting on Global Governance. His Royal Highness this afternoon received the Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern, MP (Prime Minister of New Zealand).

The Duke of Cambridge subsequently interviewed Sir David Attenborough (Naturalist and Broadcaster).

His Royal Highness later attended a Screening of Sir David Attenborough?s new documentary series, ?Our Planet?. Dr Simon Case and Mr Jason Knauf are in attendance

Court Circular || 22 January 2019

wannable

I had the opportunity to watch the Mental Health at Work live, I think Prince William did a great job during his interventions and Q&A from the audience.  I must add that a lot of the panelists spoke about the very importance of young days/children intervention in Mental Health - this is the area Catherine is projecting past and present.