Why do we all have different coloured stars?

Started by Adele, May 24, 2010, 10:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adele

:hmm: just wondering :lol:

and what are the member catogories?

Cherryite # 002

Orchid

The stars (and color) relate to the number of posts. With more posts a member's forum group changes from Palace Visitor, Loyal Subject, Aristocrat through to Forum Royal. It's a feature of the forum software (do you like it?). Moderators and Administrators have different coloured stars (blue and red) which helps members pluck us out of the crowd more easily for help :lol:

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Lila the Flirt

Just blue and red? Then why is yours green? :P

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Adele

That's why I asked  ??? I worked out that admins had red and mods had another colour and then everyone else had yellow, but why are some mods blue and some green :blink: :teehee:

Cherryite # 002

Jenee

I'll be honest, I haven't got a clue, I thought they were all blue :teehee:   I'm going to look at the set up and find out.

Ok, I looked at the set-up and the green stars still elude me! Global Moderators are assigned blue stars, so since you are a Global Moderator, your stars should be blue!! :laugh: I don't know why they are not. Orchid is special :flirt: :laugh:

Oh, now I know why!!

It is because Orchid is assigned as a Mod directly to this board!!  I bet you that MapleLeaf's posts would show green stars on this board too - Orchid's stars appear blue on boards where she is not listed as an assigned moderator.

:D

Adele

Are there global moderators and then normal moderators? :hmm:

Cherryite # 002

Jenee

We changed all the mods to Global Mods about a month ago - Alixxx is our only "normal mod" (take that with a grain of salt!! :laugh:) because she's finishing up her semester and didn't want to take on the job fully until she's done - but under normal circumstances, they are all Global Mods.

This software does funky things when you assign a mod to a board.
For example, if I assigned myself to this board, I would be listed as a Moderator in my posts here, even though I'm an admin. I'm not a fan on the quirks of SMF!!

<--- See

Adele

:teehee: but don't admins moderate all boards anyway :lol:? and yours are green now, too. i thought mods were supposed to be blue  :blink:

Cherryite # 002

Jenee

SweetHomeNC

I want pretty colored stars.... and a boat

Orchid

:lol: OMG you lot!  I can't believe how long it took to figure the green/blue out!! :hehe:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Jenee

Well you didn't even notice what color your own stars were so :snob:

:teehee:

Orchid

:lol: Well I did notice, but if it makes you feel better I'll go along with "I didn't"  :chuckle:

I confess though, when I first switched to global I wondered why it was green instead of blue in some boards - but it only took a few minutes to figure it out
-Winston Churchil

Jenee

Orchid

-Winston Churchil

Scarlet Flowers

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Jenee

Windsor

Jenee

Windsor

Let me look into it, I am sure the stars can be changed to Crowns!

Jenee

Alixxx

Quote from: Jenee on May 25, 2010, 06:12:06 PM
We changed all the mods to Global Mods about a month ago - Alixxx is our only "normal mod" (take that with a grain of salt!! :laugh:) because she's finishing up her semester and didn't want to take on the job fully until she's done - but under normal circumstances, they are all Global Mods.

Well, well Jen. What's this I read?

:notamused: ----------->  :catfight: --------> :P -----------------> :hehe:

But wait, I'm assigned to this board and my stars are green...  :blink:

Lila the Flirt

Quote from: Windsor on June 07, 2010, 03:32:58 AM
Let me look into it, I am sure the stars can be changed to Crowns!

:yipee:  :kiss2:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Jenee

What, Alixxx? You didn't think you were actually normal, did you?! :laugh: