Kate -vs- Chelsy

Started by Hale, October 16, 2009, 08:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

(It seems to me the definition on this board (for some) of open mindedness is to agree with posts that scoff at Chelsy's degrees or have nothing good to say about her  I shudder to think of the knives being out for Chelsy should the most horrific thing happen fro them; if or when Harry and Chelsy have the offcial engagement announcement. Chelsy had better watch her back.

For those who complain about Kate being mentioned: it seems OK when she is labeled "better" than Chelsy than there are no objections.

I also wonder about those who complain about the Davys "hunting" don't bat an eyelash over the Windsor history of hunting endangered animals and wanting to continue fox hunting. It is very relevant to bring this up to show the Davys didn't exactly "invent" hunting.

mousie_kins

QuoteWho got Chelsy her law job? She's still in school

She is lined up to work with A&O which is not a job mum and dad made up for her

Lucy

Quote from: vivienne on October 18, 2009, 08:50:25 PM
Who pays Chelsy her wages? She doesn't work
Where does Chelsy live? In a flat bought by her father
Who got Chelsy her law job? She's still in school
Who pays Chelsy's tuition? Her father

Spot on. Chelsy is unemployed and her father is paying for more school and a place for her to live and Harry is said to have gotten her a job, which hasn't materialized.

Kate has a job and gets paid and no one knows where she lives. A job with wages is A Job no matter who owns the firm. I don't really mind that posters are using this thread to bash Kate because no matter how many things they make up about her, it won't change what and who she is.

I have never had the need to make up anything about Chelsy. The papers and her Facebook say it all.
DIANISTA # 1

sandy

Kate is with her parent and living with them. She's not living in Malibu. Kate's parents supported her since she has had mostly part time jobs.

So in your put downs of Chelsy, do you think her parents were able to do well in school for her or take tests for her? I'm surprised you don't claim this.

Chelsy would have to have intelligence to do well in law school. It's not easy to study or achieve in law school.

Because YOU say "Harry go her the job" does not mean it true. How can Harry get her a job? Chelsy got the job by qualifying for them. If she didn't have the grades she wouldn't get the job.

So tired of the endless Chelsy bashing. Lucy you are using this thread to BAsh Chelsy and you point the accusing finger at those who "bash" Kate. I don't see as much hostility towards Kate as yours towards Chelsy.

sandy

Quote from: vivienne on October 18, 2009, 08:50:25 PM
Who pays Chelsy her wages? She doesn't work
Where does Chelsy live? In a flat bought by her father
Who got Chelsy her law job? She's still in school
Who pays Chelsy's tuition? Her father

Big surprise Lucy likes your posts.

Why is it "evil" for kids to get support from Mom and dad to go to Uni. When kate does it it's great but when Chelsy does it is a putdown for her. Let's face it Kate and Chelsy both get heavily supported by mom and dad. Kate's parents give her very flexible work hours she could not get elsewhere so she can be with her BF at a moment's notice.

Kate also had a flat in London paid for by Mom and Dad (she couldn't afford it with her PT Jigsaw Job). Chelsy's is paid for too. So what? The girls get help from Mom and Dad. The parents choose to do this and as I said it's their business.

How do you know that Chelsy doesn't get wages or has not ever?

easydoesit

Unless you live with these girls you don't know what really is going on. We don't know what's really going on behind the scenes, who really works where and where the money comes from or what's just being played up in media to support their stories.

If you want to accept what the media says then that guy that most people seems to believe, Duncan from The Sun, says Chelsy is working. He said in an article today that Chelsy "has been unable to get away from her job at a law firm" regarding Harry's current Safari in Africa. I believe that he's said Kate works too. So the often reliable Duncan says they work. They have rich parents. One parties hard, the other is quieter. Their personalities seem to fit the men their dating.  They're so different I don't see how one can be determined as better than the other unless you simply have a personal preference. It's not like either is doing anything particularly fabulous.

wannable

^Well yes, one does charity the other not.

sandy

Again, you don't know this wannabe. You don't have access to Chelsy's checking account or financial records.  And assuming she is not on the cover of Hello or a tab at a charity event does not mean she doesn't do it. It's your OPINION not fact. As I said I don't know What Chelsy does charity wise but my opinion is that she does contribute to charities in one way or another.

I don't think it fair to say that William and Kate are "quiet" and dont' party. Of course they party. There are many pics to prove this. Maybe they keep a lower profile but I think they party. They are not Puritans.

sillyjobug

One does publicised charity, one does not. We don't know what Chelsy does or doesn't do for certain. Just because it's not reported, and maybe not as big as Kate's, doesn't mean she's never done any.  

Quote from: vivienne on October 18, 2009, 11:28:14 PM
QuoteI thought I'd read that she was going into something like civil rights law? But then again, even if it is corporate law, surely that doesn't make her evil. In fact, I'm a bit offended by that. My cousin is a corporate lawyer. Have you ever thought that maybe she just finds it interesting? Hard to believe, of course, but there are indeed people who find mergers and acquisitions fascinating. And hell, maybe she could use corporate law to disband her father's supposdely evil company, if indeed it is evil.

I didn't use the words "evil" or "bad" in reference to Chelsy. You did.

I said if she didn't want to work that was fine, but I was mystified why people would say it was OK for Chelsy not to work but it wasn't OK for Kate.

Re: my lack of appropriate respect for corporate attorneys. I am entitled to my opinions as you are to yours.

It's okay for Chelsy not to work because she's still in school. Nobody complained about Kate's work ethic while she was at SA. And also, the reason Chelsy "isn't working" right now is because she's on a LPC course for the training contract she's already gotten.

I know that you're entitled to your opinion on everything in the world, including corporate attorneys. I'm just astonished that you can state that everyone in a certain field is exactly the same. Surely not every one of them could be in it for the money, otherwise they'd be like movie villains all sitting together rubbing their hands and cackling over their latest plans to take over the world and kill James Bond.
Harryite #0094   

wannable

The papers sure did make a fuss about the Heroes (1$) band Chelsy wore.  :teehee:
Why wouldn't they report a significant charity? That is not logical.

sandy

So? It doesn't mean it's the ONLY thing she did. I wore a band once and it was not the ONLY thing I did charity wise.

The press make a fuss about anything they choose to make a fuss about. It may have been a slow news time.

wannable

Right, me too, but I don't hang around famous people.  :sowhat:

I say my opinions based on the information we all get! This is a first, reading posts inventing suitable stuff for Chelsy.

sandy

But again you don't know EVERYTHING Chelsy does charity wise. Unless you pore over her cheque books or ask her financial advisors you can't know.

wannable

What? Chelsy does not do charity, it would have been known!

sandy

It's still your take on it wannabe. You can't get hold of Chelsy's financial records so it is not known.

wannable

Zero volunteer, organization, Nada on Chelsy Charity. 
Note: I recall the same claimants where moaning when Kate would participate with Mula in charities, all sort of excuses that She should volunteer, organize, be the patron, saint, slave it out, etc.
And with an actual example: the same claimants moaned that in their dreams PW paid for everything, now its bad and sad She paid for Dinner  :lmao3:

Go on...

sandy

I was one person who thought PW didn't pay for Kate Middleton. Her parents do.

wannabe you very much want Chelsy not to have done charity work and so you try to persuade people it is factual when it is not.

Again, where are the financial records on Chelsy as your "proof."

wannable

No, I keep it balanced, what's good for Kate (pages of mudslinging related to her charity efforts), sure is good for Chelsy !

You see, Kate paid with HER credit card. But no, the article never stated that mom and dad paid for dinner.  :notamused:

mousie_kins

Just because someone is not on the front of a magazine is doesn't mean someone does not do charity work. Millions of people do charity work without appearing on the front of Hello magazine. Yes, I am including celebrities. Chelsy could very well be donating money as she may not have the time to commit fully to a charity being as she is busy working full time and has loads of homework too. Charities need lots of different types of help such as public faces, money and workers too. All are very important in their own way.
It has been mentioned on this forum before that William and Harry secretly visit charities as a defence that they don't do enough charity work. Why can't that be said of Chelsy too?
Plus some people like helping charities anonymously.

sandy

Quote from: wannabe on October 19, 2009, 02:07:29 PM
No, I keep it balanced, what's good for Kate (pages of mudslinging related to her charity efforts), sure is good for Chelsy !

You see, Kate paid with HER credit card. But no, the article never stated that mom and dad paid for dinner.  :notamused:

It's not balanced if you try to prove something (with no solid evidence  you still don't have Chelsy's credit card records or cheque books) against Chelsy or "get something" on her. I don't see it as fair and balanced. How is constantly picking on Chelsy "keeping it balanced?" It's showing how you feel about the girl.

wannable

Proof is there is not a single sighting from anyone who has said "We saw Chelsy volunteering for a Charity".  She is news people.

Eventually, the secret visits of W&H have been noted. Perhaps in the future a PR spin for Chelsy.

sandy

wannabe if you wanted to "get the goods" on Chelsy in a court of law and brought your "evidence" you would not have a case. Even the IRS here in the States can't go after someone's tax returns based on hearsay or what the press says. They have to go after financial records. Same with trying to "get" Chelsy. You don't have evidence and your bias against her is showing.

And some people may not agree that Chelsy is "news."  Harry is the real news not his girlfriend for some.

wannable

If I where to follow your posts, what you alledge for Chelsy should be the same for Kate, but it doesn't happen. You actually go beyond the articles about Kate, making all kinds of supositions about the what, where and who, etc.

sandy

I don't think it can ever be said that there will be "full disclosure" re: Kate or Chelsy.  I admit I am only speculating and I never say all things are solidly factual about them..

vivienne

QuoteWhy is it "evil" for kids to get support from Mom and dad to go to Uni.

Actually, sillyjobug used the word evil. I didn't. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the Chelsyfans for stating it was OK for Chelsy not to work but bashing Kate for not working.

QuoteI also wonder about those who complain about the Davys "hunting" don't bat an eyelash over the Windsor history of hunting endangered animals and wanting to continue fox hunting. It is very relevant to bring this up to show the Davys didn't exactly "invent" hunting.

I find hunting in all it's forms equally repugnant. That includes fox hunting and the outings during the holidays, which have included Kate in the hunting party.

QuoteI know that you're entitled to your opinion on everything in the world, including corporate attorneys. I'm just astonished that you can state that everyone in a certain field is exactly the same. Surely not every one of them could be in it for the money, otherwise they'd be like movie villains all sitting together rubbing their hands and cackling over their latest plans to take over the world and kill James Bond.

Yes, it is called the recent Global Financial Crisis.