My POST COUNT isn't increasing, Phewwwwwwwy!!! :(((

Started by ALEXANDRIABEAUTY, July 05, 2007, 04:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

It remains at, merely, 950, when it should be 955 or so round about now!!!  Plzzzz, pretttty plzzzzzz help, Pretttttty, Prettttttty plzzzzzzz w/ Yummmmily, Deeeelicious, Tropical Pineapples & Cherries on Top" "Hmmmmmmmm."
:happytears: :ugh: :hissyfit: :waaaah: :whine: :hmm: :overhere: :fool: :gaah:

:flowers: :flowers:  Mahalo in Advance/God Bless,    :flowers: :flowers:
Awwww, I was trying hard to reach 1000 posts prior to CONCERT FOR DIANA as a lil tribute. CONCERT^4DIANA^ITE#1 Yipeeeee, I received a LETTER from Harry on June 20, 2007, via Clarence House, written by his secretary!!!  I LOVE Princes Wills & Harry!!! Vote4OBAMA^ite#01 Harryite#0099 QueenVictoria^ITE#01 Chelsyite#0029 LETTER^ITE#01 CINDERELLA^ITE#01

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Hi Jenee, sorry I forgot to report back here, lol.  I think it worked itself out, eventually, but I may've lost about 5 to 7 posts, in the process...phewy.   :ugh: :hissyfit: :overhere:

Mahalo!!!   :angel: :flowers:
Awwww, I was trying hard to reach 1000 posts prior to CONCERT FOR DIANA as a lil tribute. CONCERT^4DIANA^ITE#1 Yipeeeee, I received a LETTER from Harry on June 20, 2007, via Clarence House, written by his secretary!!!  I LOVE Princes Wills & Harry!!! Vote4OBAMA^ite#01 Harryite#0099 QueenVictoria^ITE#01 Chelsyite#0029 LETTER^ITE#01 CINDERELLA^ITE#01

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

My posts count are stuck again...stuck at 1077, should be 1082.

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Still stuck.  The post above this one was 1078, and I've posted a few since then...not showing up.  Now I should have 1088.

Sakkora

I don't think "Off - Topic" boards increases the post count.... (someone can confirm or correct..)
"Normal is not something to aspire to - it's something to get away from." -- Jodie Foster

A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the fake smile.

Jenee

The Games forum does not increase your post count.

Sakkora

that's it.. I noticed it was somewhere in there, just not the specific one :teehee:
"Normal is not something to aspire to - it's something to get away from." -- Jodie Foster

A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the fake smile.

busyme

:kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0017 :Royal: Willite #0096

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Quote from: Jenee on July 11, 2007, 09:45:57 PM
The Games forum does not increase your post count.

Awwwww, silly me, lol.  Why doesn't it increase in games forum, itz still posts lol???    Mahalo Jenee...ya learn something new everyday, rofl. 

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Quote from: busyme on July 11, 2007, 09:54:32 PM
Why does this even matter? I'm just wondering.

Quote from: ALEXANDRIABEAUTY on July 11, 2007, 10:03:17 PM
Awwwww, silly me, lol.  Why doesn't it increase in games forum, itz still posts lol???    Mahalo Jenee...ya learn something new everyday, rofl. 

Quote from: busyme on July 11, 2007, 09:54:32 PM
Why does this even matter? I'm just wondering.   

Cozzzz I don't wanna spend 2 much time there if it doesn't increase my counts lol. 

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Phewwwwy, I just messed that last post up...was trying to modify...ooooopsie, sorrrry.   :ugh: :hissyfit: :neenerneener:

Sakkora

Quote from: ALEXANDRIABEAUTY on July 11, 2007, 10:03:17 PM
Why doesn't it increase in games forum, itz still posts lol???   
because of the nature of the posts there, basically one word or copy/paste quizzes... it'd give a false sense of contribution to the purpose of the forum

I'm guessing...

busyme

No, what I was wondering is why does the post count matter so much? I guess I just don't find it all that important to keep track of my postings. :shrug:

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Quote from: Sakkora on July 11, 2007, 10:11:04 PM
because of the nature of the posts there, basically one word or copy/paste quizzes... it'd give a false sense of contribution to the purpose of the forum

I'm guessing...

True, I suspose you're right, dear.

Busyme, if it doesn't matter much, then why do ppl start threads for most every 1000 posts, lol???  IMHO, merely, a since of accomplishment...mind you, of course, some care more than others.  But from hence forth, I shall start my berrrrry own congratz & birthday count.  Cozzz I have a feeling no one else will, lol.

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Quote from: ALEXANDRIABEAUTY on July 11, 2007, 10:54:17 PM
True, I suspose you're right, dear.

Busyme, if it doesn't matter much, then why do ppl start threads for most every 1000 posts, lol???  IMHO, merely, a since of accomplishment...mind you, of course, some care more than others.  But from hence forth, I shall start my berrrrry own congratz & birthday count threads.  Cozzz I have a feeling no one else will, lol.

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Hmmmm, obviously, you can't modify here, huh, hehe???   :hissyfit:

Sakkora

Quote from: ALEXANDRIABEAUTY on July 11, 2007, 10:54:17 PM
Busyme, if it doesn't matter much, then why do ppl start threads for most every 1000 posts, lol??? 

the 1000 marks the threshold from junior to senior forum member... it is a sense of accomplishment and recognition for contributing to the forum

no there's no modifying in this one

busyme

No one started one for me and I passed the 1,000 post count long ago but I never said anything about it. I'm just glad to be here. :shrug: Post counts don't really matter to me. Friends do.

busyme

Like I said I was just curious. And this board is different because the general public can use this one for forum support without having to be a member or something to that effect, correct me if I'm wrong....

Jenee

Quote from: Sakkora on July 11, 2007, 10:11:04 PM

I'm guessing...

That's exactly correct. People who really contribute to the forum were being "out ranked" by people who had 75% of their posts from the games forum and as this is a "royal forum" that wasn't fair to those who really participated. A lot of people place a lot of emphasis on the post count so we wanted it to better reflect those who actually participated.

And I'm sorry, I try and notice when people make landmarks post counts like 1000, 5000 etc, but I don't always pay attention :blush: :hug: Congrats on 1551 posts busyme!!! :hug: :D

busyme

^ I'm not to worried about it :hug: Like I stated It's not a race for me.  I'm here with my friends and to participate in the discussions. To me, that is what matters the most...  :D

Jenee

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Quote from: Sakkora on July 11, 2007, 11:01:15 PM
the 1000 marks the threshold from junior to senior forum member... it is a sense of accomplishment and recognition for contributing to the forum

no there's no modifying in this one
Quote from: Jenee on July 12, 2007, 02:52:37 AM
That's exactly correct. People who really contribute to the forum were being "out ranked" by people who had 75% of their posts from the games forum and as this is a "royal forum" that wasn't fair to those who really participated. A lot of people place a lot of emphasis on the post count so we wanted it to better reflect those who actually participated.

And I'm sorry, I try and notice when people make landmarks post counts like 1000, 5000 etc, but I don't always pay attention :blush: :hug: Congrats on 1551 posts busyme!!! :hug: :D

Mahalo to allllllllll who've expounded.  I'm still new & learning.  IMHO, I think the mods/admins should be the ones to start the 1000's landmark thread and/or let ppl start their own.  Some ppl are unfair here, doing things, deliberately to hurt others.  And I've tried to support/be fair to everyone on these here forums.  Tooooo bad no one started threads for Busyme & I [til I mentioned it].  Everyone's different Busyme.  I spoke up coz it, genuinely hurt me, and "Confession is good for the soul."

From hence forth, I don't plan on commenting on anyone else's CONGRATZ threads/shall start my own/don't care if anyone posts on it or not.

CONGRATZ BUSYME on 1000 POSTS!!!       

Wombat

Quote from: ALEXANDRIABEAUTY on July 12, 2007, 07:09:33 AM
I think the mods/admins should be the ones to start the 1000's landmark thread and/or let ppl start their own.  Some ppl are unfair here, doing things, deliberately to hurt others.  And I've tried to support/be fair to everyone on these here forums.  Tooooo bad no one started threads for Busyme & I [til I mentioned it].  Everyone's different Busyme.  I spoke up coz it, genuinely hurt me, and "Confession is good for the soul."
Hang on .....anyone can post congratulations thread..not just mods and admins....I'm sure everyone is welcome to post whatever they want to...so long as it's not a heap of ridiculous smilies that mean absolutely nothing :brainwashed:

Sometimes people don't notice that some have passed a milestone posting record - such as 1000 posts.....and as someone who has done that a few times before and then posted a congratulatory thread after the fact...sometimes it attracts negative comments by some thinking it's a frivolous thread..

If it gets noticed...great..if not..get over it ..it's not meant as a slight to anyone personally.. ;)