British Royal Weddings of the 20th Century

Started by Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, September 09, 2003, 03:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Also I would imagine that this was the traditional fruitcake which is very dense and that would have added to the problem.

LouisFerdinand

Curryong

The Duchess of Gloucester?s wedding dress was unusual in that it was a very pale pink. I know that because that shade of palest pink became almost instantly fashionable for British brides and my aunt, who married in the late 1930?s, had her wedding gown made the same.

The Royal Bride Who Wore Pink | Vogue

It was said later that Alice, who was about 34 when she married, wanted something a bit more flattering to her skin tones than stark white, and designer Norman Hartnell obliged. Apparently George V (at that time very ill) had a say about the bridesmaids? outfits as he stated he wanted granddaughters Elizabeth and Margaret of York, who were two of them, to look ?pretty and girly?, so Hartnell put them in pale pink organza to match the bride.

LouisFerdinand

Prince Edward, The Prince of Wales was the supporter for his brother Prince George,   
Duke of Kent for George's November 29, 1934 wedding.

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on February 10, 2022, 08:10:34 PM
The 1934 wedding of Prince George, Duke of Kent and Princess Marina of Greece was the first royal wedding to be broadcast on the radio.

LouisFerdinand

1913 Wedding of Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Fife   

Princess Alexandra left her mother the Princess Royal's home in Portman Square for the Chapel Royal.   
http://www.prints-online.com/royal-weddings/royal-wedding-magazine-covers/royal-wedding-1913-duchess-of-fife-leaves-chapel-4555591.html

LouisFerdinand

The engagement of Prince Albert and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (1923)