Royal Commentators, reporters and authors

Started by wannable, February 28, 2018, 09:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Royal biographer Lady Colin Campbell has been sacked from turning on the Christmas lights in Prince Charles' home town - after ?appearing to partially defend? convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Lady C had been set to appear at the switch-on in Tetbury, Glos., on December 6, which is near Prince Charles' Highgrove House estate.

But the 70-year-old's appearance has now been pulled by furious organisers after she said 'soliciting sex was not the same as paedophilia'.

Prince Andrew latest: Lady Colin Campbell dropped from Christmas lights switch on after 'defending' Epstein

sandy

Her books about Diana and the Queen Mother were really in many ways offensive IMO, with her "contentions" about both of them. The royals are not close to her to say the least and it was irritating how she said Diana "confided in her" after Diana's death. Diana avoided Campbell and for obvious reasons wanted nothing to do with her.

oak_and_cedar

Diana saw through her IMO.

The things she wrote about Diana was outrageous, IMO. She only got away with it because Diana was dead.

Maybe now people can see through her too.

wannable

I'll put it here since apparently the CEO of ITV requested his resignation because Meghan Markle wrote to her (CEO is a female), he left. OfCom has 41,000 signatures against him, petition to reinstate him has grown the cuadruple as of a few minutes ago to 150,000.  Piers announced he will be receiving a bigger formal offer from a broadcaster, won't say. American or UK???

Phew there updated.

And ITV GMB 6 a.m. show woke up today in deep rating trouble, last place rather than the constant 5 year 1 and 2 with the BBC.  Piers was an ITV employee for those 5 years. They will need to get a very charismatic person to replace him.  Like him or not, he was very energetic for breakfast time.

Last minute: ITV's shares slump by 4.3% after Piers Morgan leaves.

Double post auto-merged: March 10, 2021, 07:25:31 PM

ETA: The danger of managing popularity, to all humans who have lived it, I hope that popularity of being wanted is administrated with good purpose. 

ITV's share drop in market capitalisation of some ?250 million. 

Double post auto-merged: March 11, 2021, 01:03:50 PM

He's administering his popularity in a good way, latest interview, he praised his ex ITV team, every one of them.

wannable

Omid tweeted his discontentment of this decision.  The comments under his tweets though are brutal against the Sussexes and him.

He wrote about the human rights, mental and physical health of Meghan (and Harry), that triggered into comments about all the people the couple have trashed. I'm intrigued, his followers are Sussexsquad, but his twitter feed has been badly invaded.

Curryong

According to some on royal forums the only people who are ?horrible and attack others? are SussexSquad people, so that must be surprising to those who think that all who oppose them behave like angels when online.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scobie/status/1433030585430257666?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

And whether Morgan likes it or not thousands of people complained about his behaviour and comments on that occasion. Nor were most people surprised by his stomping off the set of GMB.

And the decision supports free speech. It hasn?t handed Morgan a Nobel Prize. In my eyes and many like me, Piers Morgan has always been and always will be a loudmouth bigot and a rotten excuse for a human being. Little principles shown throughout his long and disgusting journalistic career.

wannable

I was just pointing out the weirdness in Omid's twitter feed, which usually has top notch support. There is always a first though, he was truly invaded 99% by people calling him out due to the fact that He (Meghan and Harry too) have trashed the BRF without a thought of their human rights, MH and physical. 

PrincessOfPeace

One of the major points imo is Ofcom said it's not racist to discuss race with context. Also criticism of Meghan isn't automatically racist.

Curryong

?Former Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan, who was also up for the best presenter award, also got booed by the crowd.

Many viewers took to social media throughout the night to share their thoughts on the booing.

?It?s the boos for me hahahaha,? one joked.?

The audience were obviously in a good mood, perhaps a drink or two too many and having a good time.

wannable

British journalist Piers Morgan has signed a deal with Rupert Murdoch's News Corp and Fox News Media to host a new global television show, the companies announced on Thursday

Basically his new show (called TalkTV) will be global, the Murdoch's said it will be slotted in ALL media corps he owns;

Television and Internet
Not going to list, because he owns more than 100, most known Fox and Sky.
List of assets owned by News Corp - Wikipedia

But we get the picture.

wannable

Today Lady Collin Campbell and her castle Goring will be hosting a tea party for all the personnel from:

Volunteering Charity | Royal Voluntary Service | Previously ...Volunteering Charity | Royal Voluntary Service | Previously WRVS
Royal Voluntary Service is a national charity built on local volunteering, giving support to people who need it in NHS hospitals and communities.

Curryong

Yes, we get the picture. Right wing channels, right wing organisation. Piers Morgan should fit in nicely there.

PrincessOfPeace

I'm not sure Piers Morgan is 'right wing' by any definition. He certainly isn't a social conservative. He's a classic liberal in that he supports free speech.

wannable

^ Yes classic liberal who votes for Labour Party.  There are quite a large divide between themselves, the woke liberals and the middle-age liberals.

:laugh: He must be insufferable now (he's a teaser through his twitter, it's a don't look if you don't like), knowing he is earning triple (although I think much more, royalties and fees because it's a ''new'' Murdoch channel , new TV show that will be slotted in all Murdoch's news corp owning) from his archenemy the ITV CEO Dame.

Curryong

I was talking about the organisations Murdoch owns, such as Fox News which is certainly right wing. And Piers Morgan will fit into those. He may be earning more but that doesn?t mean his show is guaranteed to be a success. His last one (for a US audience based in the US) wasn?t. I don?t believe that Morgan voted for Corbyn who represented a thousand things Morgan disapproved of. And liberalism in North America has a different connotation  to what it represents in the UK and Australia.

An old article from the BBC but explanatory.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-10658070

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on September 16, 2021, 04:18:40 PM
Today Lady Collin Campbell and her castle Goring will be hosting a tea party for all the personnel from:

Volunteering Charity | Royal Voluntary Service | Previously ...Volunteering Charity | Royal Voluntary Service | Previously WRVS
Royal Voluntary Service is a national charity built on local volunteering, giving support to people who need it in NHS hospitals and communities.

Thank you for sharing this news that the RVS will be honored with the tea party.

PrincessOfPeace

Piers is anti-gun, pro gay marriage, pro mask, pro vaccine, etc.

Where he falls foul is that he's not afraid to debate, agree to disagree. Call out hypocrisy where he sees it.

I'll leave it there because I'm not sure the scope of the thread.

Curryong

Morgan is certainly very fond of calling out other people for what he calls hypocrisy. What his own standards and moral compass consist of is for others to judge. There are many who would not accept Piers Morgan as the moral arbiter of their beliefs and behaviour. Those who live in glass houses etc?

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on September 16, 2021, 10:47:49 PM
Thank you for sharing this news that the RVS will be honored with the tea party.

Honoured? I?m not sure that if I were a volunteer with the RVS I?d feel ?honoured? by attending a tea party hosted by a snobbish, gossip peddling fantasist of an author. In fact I?d be gracefully declining. But to each his and her own.

wannable

Lady C mentioned it in her youtube, the Tea party is today, it will be similar or try to the Queen's BP Garden party, which is tea and 2 or 3 sort of mini sandwiches and cakes.  If one is the host, which she said she is and her home is being used, it's an honour given to her by the RVC.  She looked garden party dressed.  :D

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on September 16, 2021, 10:36:59 PM
I was talking about the organisations Murdoch owns, such as Fox News which is certainly right wing. And Piers Morgan will fit into those. He may be earning more but that doesn?t mean his show is guaranteed to be a success. His last one (for a US audience based in the US) wasn?t. I don?t believe that Morgan voted for Corbyn who represented a thousand things Morgan disapproved of. And liberalism in North America has a different connotation  to what it represents in the UK and Australia.

An old article from the BBC but explanatory.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-10658070

This will be a new tv channel, his controversial lefty show will be called TalkTV. It will not only be in the NEW channel, but Murdoch said with the new 'times' the companies (plural) decided that his show will be slotted in all News Corp.  IMO, that is a great decision, one needs to 'adapt' and change to the new times, not entirely but yes adapt.  IF he didn't do it, then he wouldn't be profiting from the left people too. Coldy spoken.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 16, 2021, 11:04:12 PM
Lady C mentioned it in her youtube, the Tea party is today, it will be similar or try to the Queen's BP Garden party, which is tea and 2 or 3 sort of mini sandwiches and cakes.  If one is the host, which she said she is and her home is being used, it's an honour given to her by the RVC.  She looked garden party dressed.  :D

It screams to me of someone who is pandering to a self delusion that she is some sort of aristocrat (which she isn?t) playing Lady Bountiful in a castle which she bought not inherited.

wannable

That HM's patronage decided for Lady C is cause of her to feel honoured.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II became Patron of WVS on 22 July 1952 and in 1966, in recognition of the organisation?s work for the people of Great Britain, Her Majesty granted WVS the honour of adding Royal to its title, from then on being known as WRVS until 2013 when the organisation changed it's name once again to Royal Voluntary Service.

Her grandmother Queen Mary was the first Patron, granting her Patronage to WVS only three days after the organisation had been formed by Lady Reading on 20 May 1938 and her mother Queen Elizabeth was President of WVS from December that same year.

In the website, 'about us' Presidency, the board including the Queen decide the whatabouts. I don't see anything delusional about that. I think Lady C youtube defending the Monarchy, explaining history, etc. factored in the like of the people involved who give and the takers too.  Each episode with time has more than 1Million views. The most watch recently was her historical explanation of the deposed monarchy of Afghanistan, implications, etc. I thought it to be very interesting.

Curryong

I doubt very very much that the Queen attended a board meeting to decide that a garden party was going to be hosted by Lady C. It was more likely an offer by Lady C was made to the local branch to host a tea party and that was accepted.

Lady C indulges in some sort of delusion that she is a fully blown aristocrat who mixes with members of the RF, when she isn?t and doesn?t.
And she is not an historian of any sort either. If anybody takes ?historical facts? from her YouTube channel wholesale without checking with other sources first then they have only a slight interest in history in my view. And the monarchy doesn?t need a faux aristocrat like Lady C as a defender. If they do they are on shaky ground indeed.