William: Military training RAF/SAR/EAAA

Started by usa1981, February 26, 2008, 11:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

A state-of-the-art training facility has been formally named today at RAF Shawbury by the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Wigston.

The building was named in honour of The Duke of Cambridge, who completed advanced flying training at the Defence Helicopter Flying School and was awarded his aircrew flying badge in January 2010.

Chief of Air Staff names new helicopter training facility | Royal Air Force

wannable

Congratulation to the RAF for their new SOTA facilities, and to William, a first major structure (RAF Building) named after his formal title.

A first, I think so? If he does have other structures with the HRH DOC please correct me.  I don't count plaque 'donations', like what William did for the EAAA; new structure, new shiny helicopters thanks to his fundraising request which was advertised everywhere and they got the moneys. 

wannable

This thread is so old, but I really don't think this new article will bring up much discussion. William please make your yearly medical check up. 

Serious stuff

Prince William MUST be warned: A former Sea King pilot has cancer caused by his helicopter's fumes. The RAF knew there could be a danger and fellow flyers are also sick - and one exposed for years was his colleague... our future king

A former pilot has cancer caused by helicopter's fumes. Another exposed was...our future king  | Daily Mail Online

William's colleague is being treated for cancer and the RAF will be paying an undisclosed amount of moneys.  Apparently the other members are being informed too.

Macrobug67

All those different cancers have different causative factors and may not be related to the fumes....BUT.....William and the rest certainly need to be careful and have annual preventative care done.