Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities Part 4

Started by Macrobug67, January 23, 2023, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Perhaps Birmingham will be successful in the future but I?ve just got a feeling that North America may get the next bid. We shall see!

TLLK

Please read the Guide to Forum Etiquette and consider when posting and responding to discussion.

Our Guide To Forum Etiquette

The purpose of this guide is to provide a reference point for what we, at Royal Insight, consider to be generally acceptable forum behaviour. All users must bear these points in mind when posting across the forum to help us uphold a friendly, open-minded environment.

YOUR REPUTATION, IMAGE AND BEHAVIOUR:

Too often, the anonymity of the internet is exploited. Internet users behave in ways that they would not behave in face to face situations. As forum users we need to employ greater self-awareness and sensitivity to the tone and presentation of our posts. We must not forget that we are talking to real people! We are all participating in a fast-paced environment where we lose the subtle advantages of body language to read intentions. This absence of indicators, which normally helps us to decipher tone and intention, can pose problems.  In the absence of these valuable traits (voice tone, facial expressions, body language and other social cues) the judicious use of emoticons and well considered language can help make tone and intention clear and polite to our fellow forum users.

Good etiquette shows respect for others.  The anonymous, distant nature of the internet should not encourage a disregard for the importance of mutual respect and good manners. Being curt with someone, offering clipped responses, using abusive or derogatory language to demean a fellow user or their opinions or showcasing bigotry, vulgarity, racism or profanity should not be considered acceptable behaviour. Remember: you may be anonymous but every post you make contributes to your online reputation and image. Don't do yourself a disservice by behaving otherwise to how you would behave in face-to-face situations.

Royal Insight is a liberal and progressive platform to discuss a diverse array of opinions on monarchy, its alternatives, associated ideologies and culture. No one opinion is "right" or "wrong" and debates which aim to prove or disprove another's point of view, be it ideological, cultural or otherwise, is futile. If we lived in a world where every system and ideology was perfect for everyone we'd have no need for forums or platforms for debating difference!  It's far better to embrace the freedom that a forum offers to openly share in different perspectives and values.

Most importantly: have a sense of humour and try not to take things too seriously. The forum should be enjoyable for everyone and even the most controversial and serious of topics can be explored with a light heart.

CRITIQUING POSTS:

The forum invites critiques from members on an array of topics and public figures.  This is a wonderful learning tool if handled properly. But remember, criticism must tread a fine line. If criticism is aggressive, belittling or dismissive of alternative opinions it may dissuaded people from sharing their thoughts.  Equally, if criticism is dishonest or intentionally biased it works against truth and no one will learn. Both extremes defeat the purpose of the forum.

If you are being critiqued: do not take the criticism personally. It is opinions and ideas that are being critiqued, not you personally. With all criticism, evaluate it objectively and decide if you can use it to further a discussion.  If you can't, then put it totally out of your mind.

It's tempting to revisit controversial decisions you disagree with, but it's rarely productive to do so. Consider simply agreeing to disagree and move on.

Absolutely no personal attacks under any circumstances. Do not feel compelled to defend your honour in public. Egos should not punctuate forum conversations. Posts containing personal attacks will be removed and may result in an account being suspended.

TLLK

changemhysoul

I'm glad they have an online version of the summit, I got watch last year so I have to check the time and etc but I'm excited.

TLLK

@changemhysoul -Please give us a review if you'd like. It's not often that a member has an opportunity to see a member of a royal family either in person or virtually.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 26, 2023, 11:54:08 PM
I'm glad they have an online version of the summit, I got watch last year so I have to check the time and etc but I'm excited.

I would be too! And I?m thrilled for you. What a fantastic experience to be able to attend!

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on January 27, 2023, 01:03:00 AM
I would be too! And I?m thrilled for you. What a fantastic experience to be able to attend!

Quote from: TLLK on January 27, 2023, 12:52:24 AM
@changemhysoul -Please give us a review if you'd like. It's not often that a member has an opportunity to see a member of a royal family either in person or virtually.

I should say! Last year wasn't in-person but online! I'll be attending online for this one as well (not enough money for the ticket + traveling and my passover is in April so I wouldn't be able to take time off)  and I don't mind giving a review but I wanted to let you know that if you'd like and your time is free, anyone can sign up for the free, virtual part of the event!

Also, should the information for this go under general family news I realize? Betterup is a charity thing but Harry's job.

TLLK

@changemysoul-Yes Better Up is his job, but  it's just easier to keep Better Up,  Archewell (also their job) in with organizations/activities like Invictus. So discussion about Better Up can take place here.

changemhysoul

Meghan and Harry Bolster Archewell With New Hires, Promotions - Variety

An update about Archewell

Key points:

Archetypes season 2 hasn't been announced but it is expected.

?Ben and Fara have been integral to the creation and execution of many critically and commercially acclaimed projects during their tenure. They have expertly delivered content and campaigns that have exceeded expectations and made their mark within the cultural zeitgeist,? said Archewell head of communications and global press secretary to Harry and Meghan, Ashley Hansen.

?They played a critical role in helping to tell the stories of the Duke and Duchess thus far and the couple remain hugely grateful for their support on those vital ?look back? projects, as they now look forward,? she added.

- To this point above, Ben & Fara were in charge of the roll out of Harry & Meghan and Spare & Archtypes.

- The article mentions Heart of Invictus which is set to come out this summer

- Spare moved 3.2 million copies in it's first week

- The Archewell Foundation impact report should be released in the up-coming days.

TLLK

From the article above. So I am guessing that "head of podcasts" might be a new role? Does Shauna Nep replace one of the Archewell employees that departed at the end of 2022?
QuoteEntering its third year, the audio, philanthropic and content production operation continues to grow. In audio, Serena Regan has been named head of podcasts. Hired at the end of 2022, Regan will now lead all development in that portfolio. ?Archetypes,? the vertical?s debut project, was released last year and marked Archewell?s first hit. An interview series about harmful labels that hold women back, the Meghan-hosted series topped Spotify charts in 47 countries. A second season has not formally been announced but is well expected.

Joining The Archewell Foundation, the couple?s philanthropic arm, is Shauna Nep. Having served as vice president of philanthropy at SB Projects since 2018, she joins as co-executive director and will work alongside executive director James Holt. Nep has also held positions at The Goldhirsh Foundation and Fundamental Inc. 

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on January 28, 2023, 02:50:17 PM
From the article above. So I am guessing that "head of podcasts" might be a new role? Does Shauna Nep replace one of the Archewell employees that departed at the end of 2022?

Possibly, Shauna Nep will be replacing Rebecca Sanan?s, but it doesn't seem like "head of podcasts is a new role." It was the role Rebecca had before she stepped down, it seems she was contracted to help launch Archetypes. Now that season one is down and Archewell is going more internal, it seems that Shauna will have a more permenant role.

The other employee was Mandana Dayani who stepped in to run Archewell while the H&M were on parental leave. Now that they're back, she's stepping down to focus on her main work. So I don't think Shauna is a replacement for her.

TLLK

changemhysoul

The Archewell Foundation Impact report has been released: https://twitter.com/ledbettercarly/status/1619824348768112641

Highlights:

Highlights include:

? 12.66 million COVID-19 vaccines in partnership w/ Global Citizen
? 174,497 Afghans & Ukrainians welcomed to the U.S. through partnerships w/
@AlliesWelcome
& Uniting for Ukraine with http://welcome.us.
? 50,000 served meals w/
@WCKitchen

The Archewell Foundation played an enormous role?in fact, the most
critical one?in helping Human First to grow in 2021 - 2022. We are a
young organization, formed in the midst of a crisis and dealing with many
ongoing crises this year. After the initial media blitz on the Taliban
takeover of Afghanistan and most especially with the invasion of Ukraine,
donors quickly lost interest in Afghanistan ? but Archewell has been there
for us. We were able to provide humanitarian aid in various forms to
upwards of 10,000 individuals in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Most
especially, in the 4 months after receiving the grant, we supported all
living expenses for approximately 1,000 at-risk Afghans living in safe
houses that we operated in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

- Safi Rauf, Co-Founder of Human First Coalition

There are more things in the report, it's 24 pages

Curryong

Interesting data about Archewell outreach over the last twelve months.

And a very heartwarming and lovely letter from Safi Rauf the co-founder of Human First Coalition. The organisation is obviously grateful to Archewell in its efforts to give humanitarian aid to people in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Being able to directly help thousands of individuals in those countries through an Archewell grant is outstanding.

And the WCKitchen giving meals to 50,000 people is also truly remarkable. Onwards and upwards for next year for Archewell and its partners!

TLLK

Interesting that Archewell on its current list of partners doesn't have Prince Harry's seven UK based patronages where he is still acknowledged as the patron ie Well Child as a partner, so I guess that is kept separate. However Meghan's two remaining UK patronages Smart Works and The Mayhew are included as partners.

https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/1619835044608245760?cxt=HHwWgIDUyYHZ5_osAAAA  (Partners list in the tweet.)

QuoteThe List of Partners is intresting. It lists Meghan's current patronage @Smartworks
& Her former Patronage  @themayhew
. But does not list any of Prince Harry's 7 current patronages.

TLLK

Archewell has raised $13 million dollars since its inception in 2020 after the Sussexes moved to the United States and has donated $3 million dollars since then.

Harry and Meghan Archewell Foundation raised $13m and donated $3m helped buy 12.6m COVID vaccines

QuotePrince Harry and Meghan Markle's Archewell Foundation has raised $13million since its formation after Megxit in 2020 - with $3million given away to their chosen causes including cash towards 12million Covid-19 vaccinations, it was revealed today.

The money raised by the Sussexes' charitable organization was also also handed to charities supporting refugees from Afghanistan and Ukraine.

Archewell's first 'impact report', says its money helped pay for 12.66 million Covid-19 jabs around the world while working with anti-poverty charity Global Citizen.

Their report, published Sunday, does not contain accounts. But Yahoo News columnist Omid Scobie, one of the Sussexes' favoured reporters, said that Archewell had donated 23 per cent of its income.

He tweeted: 'In their first year of operation they raised $13million and distributed $3million in grants'.

changemhysoul

Assuming Smart Works was mentioned because they were one of the orgs that received a grant during International Woman's Day. I don't remember much happening with the Mayhew.

I also assume it's because money going to WellChild and Sentebale are getting their funds donated through profits from Harry's personal work and not Archewell related work.

Someone has been doing a break-down of the report (I'm to lazy to copy it all now but maybe later)

$13Mil in incoming resources
$3Mil given in Grants

Any resources not expended are carried over in reserve.

So pretty good money-wise, I saw. I never been a numbers person but I'm glad the report details the impact on a personal level and a few of the companies have been talking about their partnerships/report on social media.

changemhysoul

^ Thank you,

here are two others

https://twitter.com/royal_suitor/status/1619831688980484097

https://twitter.com/ledbettercarly/status/1619824348768112641

The second link is Carly Ledbetter, she doesn't go as deep but I'm pretty sure she was the first to break the news of the report.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 30, 2023, 04:25:46 PM
Assuming Smart Works was mentioned because they were one of the orgs that received a grant during International Woman's Day. I don't remember much happening with the Mayhew.

I also assume it's because money going to WellChild and Sentebale are getting their funds donated through profits from Harry's personal work and not Archewell related work.

Someone has been doing a break-down of the report (I'm to lazy to copy it all now but maybe later)

$13Mil in incoming resources
$3Mil given in Grants

Any resources not expended are carried over in reserve.

So pretty good money-wise, I saw. I never been a numbers person but I'm glad the report details the impact on a personal level and a few of the companies have been talking about their partnerships/report on social media.
I believe that Mayhew was going through a reorganization or was merging with another organization.

wannable

An impact report is meant to communicate activities with no numbers nor details of quantification of an organization.

An annual report is a detailed financial report with revenue and expenses, signed by Archewell CPA (required)/co-sgined by external auditor CPA reviewing Archewell if any (not required), to be delivered to the IRS, whom publish it/yearly review for the tax exempt status, if any finding the organization is contacted by letter with corrections or visits.

TLLK

Mayhew update-Meghan is no longer their patron.

Meghan Markle No Longer Patron of Animal Charity Mayhew
QuoteAlthough she continued to support Mayhew after she and Prince Harry stepped back from their roles as working royals and moved to California in 2020, Meghan and Mayhew announced Wednesday that she is no longer a patron of the organization.

"Our Royal Patronage with The Duchess of Sussex came to an end at the beginning of the year. It's been an incredible privilege for Mayhew to have worked closely with Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, since 2019 when she became our Patron," Mayhew said in a statement.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on January 30, 2023, 10:55:45 PM
Mayhew update-Meghan is no longer their patron.

Meghan Markle No Longer Patron of Animal Charity Mayhew

Yes, I meant to post here about Mayhew as I remembered she wasn?t their patron any more earlier this morning.
Meghan wrote at the time?

Though my time as patron of Mayhew has come to a close, my unwavering support has not. I encourage each of you to support in whatever way you are able," Meghan wrote in her message. "The emotional support of a rescue animal is unparalleled ? as you'll soon realize: it is not you who saves them, it is they who save you."

Meghan visited the organization in 2019 while pregnant with son Archie and was memorably very taken with one of the dogs: a Jack Russell named Minnie.

"We can't take another dog before the baby as our hands are too full!" Meghan said.

The Duchess of Sussex secretly visited Mayhew during a Jan. 2020 visit to London and also wrote the forward for the organization's annual review that year.

She concluded her forward by revealing that she has sponsored a dog kennel in her son Archie's name.

TLLK

And I do believe that Mayhew was definitely going through some reorganization apparently there was some bickering over funding and staff treatment at the organization.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on January 30, 2023, 11:11:10 PM
And I do believe that Mayhew was definitely going through some reorganization apparently there was some bickering over funding and staff treatment at the organization.

That also stirred the memory a bit, but the only thing I can find online referring to that is this article in a local newspaper.

'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans | Brent & Kilburn Times