Malaysian prince accused of 'kidnapping'

Started by Alexandra123, April 26, 2009, 07:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandra123

Malaysian prince accused of 'kidnapping'

QuoteA Malaysian prince has been accused of kidnapping and abusing his wife.
Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry, a prince of Kelantan, is accused of taking his 17-year-old wife, Indonesian-American model Manohara Odeha, to Saudi Arabia by private jet after she had fled from the marriage.
Her mother, Daisy Fajarina, says her son-in-law's family offered her a million-dollar apartment if she would cut all contact with her daughter and have blocked her from visiting Malaysia to check her daughter's condition. Daisy Fajarina said: "Even if they offer me the world, I cannot accept it, Manohara is irreplaceable. I just want them to give back my daughter."
Daisy has had no contact with her daughter since a phone call over a month ago, but says Manohara has repeatedly complained of being abused by the 31-year-old prince, who she married last August.
Daisy said: "My child has been tortured, her chest has been cut with a razor. This is what people in the palace who were sympathetic with our plight have told me."

Stix Chix

God.  some princes stay toads after kissing. :doh:

Harryite #0004

Selene

shocking. :o :cry: my understanding is that he is not formally accused. If mother of princess is American citizen, wonder if princess has American citizenship too. If so would be it easier to charge the price for spousal abuse in US. Would he be protected by diplomatic immunity?