Camilla's Literacy patronages

Started by TLLK, January 30, 2019, 01:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on January 31, 2024, 05:25:35 AM
This is a wonderful project. However it?s a great shame that a genuinely popular author like JK Rowling who encouraged a whole generation of children to read, wasn't asked to contribute a story. People like Conan Doyle whose works sold like hot cakes in the first quarter of the 20th century contributed a tiny story in the original library. However, with the exception of Anthony Horowitz and a couple of others, the 21st century compilers haven?t bothered with popular British authors.

And as for recipe books, instead of nepotism running wild, what about Mary Berry?

Birthdate: March 24, 1935
Birthplace: Bath, Somerset, England
Author of over 75 cookbooks, Mary Berry has also hosted several culinary shows, such as Mary Berry Cooks. The Guardian ranked her the second-best-dressed person over 50. A CBE and DBE recipient, she has also received the Guild of Food Writers Lifetime Achievement Award and an honorary degree.

Mary Berry, Oh how I love this woman and her cooking, I watch all her shows when on and even record them to rewatch. I even made a fish dish  about a year ago she had on and my son got me one of her cookbooks on holiday cooking for Christmas this year.  She is a treasure, that woman can cook anything and I would love to just be a viewer in one of her shows.  And she gives small bits of history wherever she is at the moment......a very interesting woman!