The Wales' Children's birthdays-All Years

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 30, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt

Prince George. Almost 1. (Pix John Stillwell PA)  Twitter / BBCPeterHunt: Prince George. Almost 1. (Pix ...

TLLK

^^^Off to another adventure while butterflies quietly flutter off to safety. :)

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteIt's tricky to uphold Royal traditions when you're not quite one – but Prince George has proved himself more than equal to the nation's favourite: the walkabout.

Invented by the Queen on an overseas tour in 1970 to ensure she was seen by her fans, it's been an essential part of the Royal repertoire ever since.

And now, in a portrait released to mark his first birthday on Tuesday, the third in line to the throne has shown he's learned an early lesson from his great grandmother.
More: It's a Royal walkabout! Gorgeous new portrait of Prince George to mark his first birthday on Tuesday - and hasn't he found his feet! | Mail Online

QuoteWITH ARMS outstretched and walking confidently, Prince George is officially on the path to toddlerdom in this photograph to mark his first birthday.

The Sunday Express can exclusively reveal the Queen will be guest of honour at Kensington Palace on Tuesday as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge throw a private party for close friends and family to mark their beloved son's milestone.

George is seen putting his best foot forward at the Sensational Butterflies outdoor exhibition at London's Natural History Museum, of which the Duchess of Cambridge is patron. He and Kate visited the display at the start of the month.
More: Prince George Queen Birthday Kensington Palace | Royal | News | Daily Express

sara8150

First Birthday Photo of Prince George
First Birthday Photo of Prince George | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

Double post auto-merged: July 19, 2014, 10:51:51 PM

Prince George shows off his new walking skills in first ever solo portrait
Prince William and Kate Middleton release Prince George photo - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: July 19, 2014, 10:53:38 PM

Prince George's two milestone photoshoots: from newborn to toddler
Prince George birthday: new photo released by William and Kate - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: July 19, 2014, 10:56:04 PM

Prince George Walks, Wears Adorable Denim Overalls in New Official Picture to Mark First Birthday
Prince George Walks in New Official Picture to Mark First Birthday - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: July 19, 2014, 10:58:12 PM

Prince George's New Official Picture: He's Walking and Looks Cuter Than Ever
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20836337,00.html

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteHis father has described him "charging around" Kensington Palace indulging a new-found delight in opening and closing doors.

Now the public has been given a new glimpse of the future king's boisterous energy.

A photograph released this weekend shows Prince George walking unaided during a visit with his parents to the Natural History Museum in London.

With his arms outstretched and his eyes fixed on where he is going, the prince strides along the ground looking every inch the confident toddler.
More: New picture shows Prince George walking unaided ahead of first birthday - Telegraph

QuoteAn official photograph of Prince George has been released to mark his first birthday.

The prince, whose birthday is on Tuesday, was pictured at the Sensational Butterflies exhibition at London's Natural History Museum.

The image was taken a few weeks ago by the Press Association's John Stillwell.

Prince George's parents, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, are expected to hold a birthday party on Tuesday at their Kensington Palace apartment.
More: BBC News - Prince George picture released to mark first birthday

QuoteThe young royal Prince George celebrates his first birthday Tuesday

The world's most powerful baby celebrates his first birthday on Tuesday, and parents Will and Kate have decided to grace the world with new photos of their little Prince George. The apple-cheeked heir has had a busy first year, filled with public playdates, a magazine cover, his very own currency and a serious friendship with family dog Lupo.
More: Prince George Birthday Photo Kate Middleton and Prince William - TIME

QuotePrince George turns one on Tuesday, July 22, but the first official photo in honor of his birthday has been released now.

British photographer John Stillwell went with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to take photos of their son at the Natural History Museum earlier this month. Will and Kate brought George to the "Sensational Butterflies" exhibition where this photo was taken.
More: Prince George Is Walking on His Own and Adorable | Entertainment Tonight

sara8150

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteIs Prince George really walking already?!

In this newly released official portrait, Prince William and Kate Middleton's adorable son throws up his hands for balance as he takes some steps before his first birthday. Clad in striped overalls and a blue polo shirt, the royal baby looks determined as he makes his way on the pebble-strewn ground.
More: Prince George Takes a Walk Before His First Birthday: See the Royal Baby's Adorable Pic! | E! Online

QuoteWITH his big brown eyes and chubby cheeks, it is little wonder the world has fallen in love with Prince George.

From his appearance on the steps of the Lindo Wing, St Mary's Hospital, London, where he was born on July 22, 2013, to his first steps on the path to toddlerhood, the Royal Family's newest addition has captured hearts and minds.

The playful tot has made a big impression despite his limited number of public appearances by waving his arms and legs excitedly and generally seeming to be a bit of a character.

Indeed his parents have made no secret of the fact that their first born has at times proved to be a handful. Prince William gave his first hint at George's personality a fortnight after his birth when he admitted that becoming a father was a "game changer".

He told guests at the Audi Polo Challenge in Berkshire: "He likes to move around a lot, he wriggles a lot, he keeps us on our toes."
More: Happy Birthday George: The little prince born to be King | Royal | News | Daily Express

Curryong

Prince George is a cutie  and is almost smiling.

PrincessOfPeace

Sky NEWS HD

Photo To Mark Prince George's First Birthday
The picture was taken by Press Association photographer John Stillwell who said the young royal was "very lively and determined".

QuoteAn official photograph has been released to mark the first birthday of Prince George on Tuesday.

It was taken during a visit with his parents to the Sensational Butterflies outdoor exhibition at London's Natural History Museum.

With his arms outstretched and eyes fixed on where he is going, the photo depicts a happy and confident child.

He is wearing a pair of dungaree shorts from French label Petit Bateau over a polo shirt-style top, shoes and socks.
Video and More: Photo To Mark Prince George's First Birthday

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

What a year the little prince has had, enchanting everyone from Windsor to the Antipodes

QuotePrince George will be one year old this week. What a year he has had. Born at 4.24pm on July 22 2013, the baby who would be king weighed 8lb 6oz. He wore a replica of the 172-year-old royal christening robe at his christening, where he was praised for being so well-behaved. Prince George showed a little more truculence during the famous playdate on the royal tour of New Zealand – towering over the other children and stealing one or two of their toys. His mother hovered about protectively, occasionally wiping a dab of drool from his chin. And then there were his first public steps at the Cirencester Park Polo Club, Gloucestershire. A little awkward, perhaps, but these things take time.
More: Happy birthday to a very bonny Prince - Telegraph

HsHCharlene

SophieChloe

Quotehttps://twitter.com/windsorsworld

"Prince Philip may not make the party as he has engagements elsewhere " Yea - like arranging his sock drawer ?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteWITH a face full of character and actions to match, Prince George has proved to be a royal press photographer's dream during his first year of official engagements.

He has taken to being the world's most talked about baby in his stride and has already established himself as a huge hit on royal walkabouts thanks to his minor mischief-making.
More: Happy Birthday George: The lovable prince grasps at the chance to be Royal scamp | Royal | News | Daily Express

Lothwen

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on July 19, 2014, 11:15:20 PM
QuoteIs Prince George really walking already?!

In this newly released official portrait, Prince William and Kate Middleton's adorable son throws up his hands for balance as he takes some steps before his first birthday. Clad in striped overalls and a blue polo shirt, the royal baby looks determined as he makes his way on the pebble-strewn ground.
More: Prince George Takes a Walk Before His First Birthday: See the Royal Baby's Adorable Pic! | E! Online

QuoteWITH his big brown eyes and chubby cheeks, it is little wonder the world has fallen in love with Prince George.

From his appearance on the steps of the Lindo Wing, St Mary's Hospital, London, where he was born on July 22, 2013, to his first steps on the path to toddlerhood, the Royal Family's newest addition has captured hearts and minds.

The playful tot has made a big impression despite his limited number of public appearances by waving his arms and legs excitedly and generally seeming to be a bit of a character.

Indeed his parents have made no secret of the fact that their first born has at times proved to be a handful. Prince William gave his first hint at George's personality a fortnight after his birth when he admitted that becoming a father was a "game changer".

He told guests at the Audi Polo Challenge in Berkshire: "He likes to move around a lot, he wriggles a lot, he keeps us on our toes."
More: Happy Birthday George: The little prince born to be King | Royal | News | Daily Express

The way some people are reacting, you'd think no child ever walked at the age of one before :orchid:

My niece was 10.5 months when she started walking.  In fact, most babies start walking between 9-12 months.  So George is perfectly "normal" for walking at this age.  Of course, because he's the future King, everything he does is so much "more" than everyone else.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

He didn't walk at 10 months because on father's day, he still couldn't walk by himself... So, he started after that...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lothwen

^I was just pointing out that George is walking at a "normal" age.  Some comments I've read on different news sources would make you think no one has ever seen a child of one walking before.
Harryite 12-005

Macrobug

I would be more concerned if he wasn't walking yet, or close to it at age one.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Limabeany

Quote from: Lothwen on July 21, 2014, 03:57:24 AM
^I was just pointing out that George is walking at a "normal" age.  Some comments I've read on different news sources would make you think no one has ever seen a child of one walking before.
I agree with you completely, Lothwen. I was just pointing out that he started walking at eleven months or after, since he was not walking yet on Father's Day. It's normal, but certainly not early, extraordinary or remarkable.

Lothwen

Gotcha :hug:

Macro, there was an article on the Daily Mail website that pointed out that most babies "aren't sure of themselves" with walking until they are 16 months old.  In my experiences, that's never been the case. 
Harryite 12-005

cinrit

QuotePrince George Puts His Best Foot Forward as Queen Prepares to be Birthday Guest of Honour

The Sunday Express can exclusively reveal the Queen will be guest of honour at Kensington Palace on Tuesday as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge throw a private party for close friends and family to mark their beloved son's milestone.
A Kensington Palace spokeswoman said of the birthday: "The family are going to be marking it privately with close family and friends at Kensington Palace."

It had been reported that George's grandmother Carole Middleton had thrown a party yesterday inspired by the characters from Beatrix Potter's books, which are said to adorn the walls of George's nursery.  A well-placed royal source dismissed the story as "significantly wrong". In fact William was at a very different event: a polo match at Andrew Lloyd Webber's Sydmonton Court estate at Burghclere near Newbury.

More: Prince George Queen Birthday Kensington Palace | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

So the Express, by Camilla Tominey is trashing the DM birthday party by Carole and calls the staff gifts a fantasy.

She's is a majority favored writer by the anti William and Kate.

2 more official pics of George tomorrow.  :bdaycake:

PrincessOfPeace

So sweet. I'm happy all the family was able to attend.

QuoteThe youngest member of the Royal family was treated to an early celebration today when a LEGO Prince George was thrown a first birthday party at the Windsor resort's Miniland.

The get-together was held in the gardens of the miniature recreation of Buckingham Palace, featuring traditional decorations including bunting and balloons, with guests enjoying a miniscule party food spread of jelly and ice cream, and a tiny 3cm tall toy birthday cake
Prince George enjoys early birthday party in Windsor | London - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: July 21, 2014, 01:16:51 PM

^^^ Well I thought it was funny  :P

QuoteImperial College Healthcare Charity is to celebrate Prince George's first birthday with a street party in central London.

The event at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington will be open to members of the public as well as hospital patients and staff.

Attractions will include hoopla, candy floss, fortune telling, a book sale, cakes, children's face painting, live entertainment and toy stalls.

All proceeds will go to Imperial College Healthcare Charity, which raises money for the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust in west and north west London.
More: Street party for george's birthday | Mail Online

cinrit

^^ I thought it was real at first, Princess ... until I saw the pictures. :D

QuoteRoyal Family throws Private Party for One-Year-Old 'Prince of Cuteness'

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will celebrate their son's first birthday tomorrow with a private family party at home.

Like any other one-year-old, Prince George will be surrounded by family and friends, and will be treated to a cake baked by his mother.

George's guests, however, are expected to include his great-grandmother the Queen — while the location is Apartment 1A at Kensington Palace.

More: Prince George's first birthday: Royal family throws private party for one-year-old 'Prince of Cuteness' - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Macrobug

Quote from: Lothwen on July 21, 2014, 05:18:24 AM
Gotcha :hug:

Macro, there was an article on the Daily Mail website that pointed out that most babies "aren't sure of themselves" with walking until they are 16 months old.  In my experiences, that's never been the case.

Most development tables have walking at 18 months.  After that there may be a concern.  Most kidlets coming in for their 1 year check are either walking, cruising or taking steps with their hands held.  I've seen 8 month olds standing (my eldest nephew was one of them.  But he didn't actually walk until a year).  I have seen kids that never crawl.  They just get up and go.  Others that don't even stand until almost two.  By 2 or 3 most are all caught up and onto the next set of milestones. 

Kids develop at their own pace.  And being able to do something early or late is usually no indicator of intellect or "level of superiority"
GNU Terry Pratchett