Japanese Monarchy: Articles from 2006-2008

Started by Wombat, January 07, 2006, 10:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

Mainichi Daily News

QuoteEmperor Akihito and Empress Michiko paid a brief visit Tuesday to a volcanic island just south of Tokyo that was evacuated after a major eruption six years ago.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Jenee

Mainichi Daily News

QuoteThe news that Princess Kiko, the wife of Emperor Akihito's second son, is pregnant -- possibly with the Imperial Family's first male heir to the throne in four decades -- has triggered a rash of magazine articles about the happenings inside the moat.

But now the Imperial Palace has had enough. In an unusually harsh statement, the Imperial Household Agency on Thursday accused unidentified magazines of printing errors and urged them to stop it.

Good!

Jenee

Stuff

QuoteTOKYO: Thousands of people gathered under a huge rising sun flag at a Tokyo stadium yesterday to protest against a proposal to allow women and their children to accede to Japan's ancient Chrysanthemum throne.

Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi last month abandoned a plan to submit a bill to parliament to let women inherit the imperial throne, following news that Princess Kiko, the wife of the current Emperor's younger son, was pregnant with what many hope will be a male heir.

Again?!

Jenee

Beebs

Jenee

Reuters

Japan prince says royals should adapt to the times

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Jenee

Which part are you rolling your eyes at Lila?

Jenee

QuoteTOKYO (AP) - Crown Prince Naruhito said Friday the health of his wife, Masako, is improving but that she is not well enough to join him on an official trip to Mexico next week.

Masako has been receiving counseling and medication for stress-induced depression since she retreated from official duties in late 2003.

Guardian Unlimited

Lila the Flirt

Japanese people adamant at not wanting women to ascend to the throne. I know it's tradition and I respect that but sometimes you have to keep up with the times in order to move forward.

Beebs

Securing happiness for a princess

QuoteRecent years have not been kind to the Crown Prince and his immediate family. The Crown Princess, Masako, suffered a miscarriage in 1999, and afterward came down with shingles, forcing her to cancel many of her public duties.

Beebs

Only the Y Chromosome Counts

QuoteIT was one of the biggest rallies in support of Japan's imperial system since the end of World War II: Some 10,300 men and women gathered at the Budokan martial arts arena to protest a proposal that would let women become empresses and pass along title to the Chrysanthemum Throne. At the end, the throng stood and raised their arms in unison while shouting, "Long live the emperor!"

Lila the Flirt

Beebs

Lila the Flirt

Jenee

Lila the Flirt

:happy: I didn't want to make another thread. :)

Jenee

Mainichi Daily News

QuoteCrown Prince Naruhito departed Wednesday for a visit to Mexico during which he will attend an international water summit and meet Mexican President Vincente Fox, palace officials said.

Crown Prince Naruhito, who had postgraduate studies on the history of water canals at Oxford University's Merton College in 1983-1985, is to deliver a keynote speech at the Fourth World Water Forum opening Thursday in Mexico City.

Beebs

Watch it Prince Naruhito, Fox is a real fox...and I don't mean sexy  <_<.

Jenee

Hello!

QuoteJapan's Crown Princess Masako made her second public appearance in three days when she joined her husband Naruhito and their little girl Aiko for a photocall on Wednesday.

Jenee

Lila the Flirt

I'm glad she's feeling much better. :D

Jenee

Hello!

QuotePrince Naruhito of Japan was looking more Western than Eastern when he donned a cowboy-style hat for a visit to the Mayan ruins of Uxmal on the Yucatan Peninsula at the weekend.