Prince Charles Busiest British Royal 2011, Duchess of Cambridge Ready for More

Started by cinrit, January 03, 2012, 02:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Prince of Wales was the busiest member of the British Royal Family in 2011, according to the annual letter from Tim O'Donovan, who tallies such things in a letter to the editor of "The Times." Prince Charles attended just over 600 engagements in 2011, a dedication that's often forgotten when the media deems his "quirks" more interesting. This is the second straight year he's been the busiest royal.

Mr. Donovan also had a new Royal to tally this year – the Duchess of Cambridge. The Duchess of Cambridge undertook 34 official engagements last year, most with Prince William, and an announcement is expected as to her charitable patronages sometime later this month. The Duchess' first engagement was on June 4 and, as of January 1, she still did not have her own drop-down in the Court Circular's list of engagements.

Read more:  http://www.examiner.com/british-royal-family-in-national/prince-charles-busiest-british-royal-2011-duchess-of-cambridge-ready-for-more 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

DayDream

This does not surprise me! Charles is personally involved in a variety of causes that he is very passionate about and dedicated to. As the heir I expect him to be busy, but I also enjoy that he is recognised for it  :flower:

lilliann

Good job! :clap: Charles truly is a fantastic Prince of Wales.

thanks for posting the article, Cindy!:)

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.