The Wales' Children's birthdays-All Years

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 30, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristeh-H and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PrincessOfPeace

A thread to discuss the Cambridge children's birthdays and to share those birthday photos :bday10:

Quote01 JULY 2014

The first 12 months of a baby's life are full of exciting milestones – the first smile, first laugh, first tooth – every week brings something new. As he approaches his first birthday, Prince George has lived all of these, like any other tot his age.

However, being a royal baby – the little future King has a list of unique milestones which distinguish him from others of his generation. First visit from the Queen, debut in front of the world's press or first official portrait – these events are certainly not about to be written down in baby books across the UK by proud parents keen to record their child's first year of life.
More: Countdown to Prince George's birthday: magical milestones from his first year - hellomagazine.com

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteFrom the royal christening to his first tour abroad, Prince George has been charming fans around the world. Join us in celebrating his first year... and enter for a chance to win a princely prize pack!
More: http://ca.hellomagazine.com/magazine/2001

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteTALENTED craftsmen and women showed off their skills by creating goodies for Prince George.

The youngster's first birthday is just a few weeks away, and studio owners at Barleylands, in Billericay, have been hard at work making presents for the future king.
More: A few gifts for Prince George (From Basildon Recorder)

cinrit

QuoteAs Prince George prepares to celebrate his first birthday, Vanity Fair contributor Katie Nicholl speaks to palace insiders about how the prince has become a media star, a style icon, and a P.R. triumph. Reporting on how their son has upended William's and Kate's lives, Nicholl gives a behind-the-scenes look at George's first year, the search for their new nanny, the palace redecoration, and the family's New Zealand and Australian adventures.

On George's colicky beginnings: Kate expressed relief that George behaved well during his first few public appearances. Nicholl reports that for the first few months the prince cried loudly and frequently, and he was not sleeping through the night. Nanny Jessie Webb tried hard to get him into a routine, but the baby prince, who was still breastfeeding, was permanently hungry. Nicholl reveals that it was only in the new year, when Kate introduced solids, that George finally slept through the night.

On finding their new nanny: Kate made inquiries about recruiting a full-time nanny after Nanny Jessie explained that she was not up to traveling to New Zealand and Australia with George, Nicholl reports. The couple was reluctant to use an agency, and Spanish-born Maria Teresa Turrion Borallo was recommended by a friend. Her credentials include experience in self-defense, high-speed driving, and dealing with paparazzi. She spent a week bonding with George at Kate's family home in March under the watchful eyes of the Middleton grandparents, while Will and Kate jetted off to the Maldives for a second honeymoon.

More: August Cover Preview: Prince George?s First Year | Vanity Fair 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

England's Prince George turns one year old this month. Hear from the photographer who captured the toddler's christening.

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

TLLK

It was a sweet moment when HM was photographed looking at her great-grandson. Hope that she will have many more such moments with her four and likely more great-grandchildren. :)

SophieChloe

Please post all the articles about George approaching one here.  Cheers me dears  :hug: :love6: :hug:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

SC, would it be a good idea to combine all the existing "one-year" articles into this one?

Cindy

SophieChloe

Thanks, Cindy.  I created this thread and merged many posts.  Please point out the ones I could have missed... :hug:

cinrit

Thanks, SC ... now we celebrate the 1st birthday in one place. :thumbsup: ;)

Cindy

SophieChloe

PrincessOfPeace

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 4 mins

Coming up on @ThisHour at 11.50am a preview of tonight's special on #PrinceGeorge - 'The Little Prince' airs on @CNN at 10pm tonight.

PrincessOfPeace

cinrit

QuoteCommemorative Coin Marks Birthday

Prince George of Cambridge's first birthday is being marked with a commemorative £5 coin.  The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's young son is the first member of the royal family to have his first birthday honoured with a new UK coin.

William and Kate, along with George's great-grandmother the Queen and Chancellor George Osborne approved the design of the sterling silver piece, which bears the heraldic royal arms and the year 2014.

Shane Bissett, director of commemorative coin and bullion at the Royal Mint, said: "As Prince George of Cambridge reaches the significant milestone of turning one year old, we felt there could be no more fitting design to mark the first birthday of our future king than the royal arms - the arms of the monarch - minted in honour of the future heir to the throne.

"The choice of a silver coin is significant too as the precious metal is closely associated with newborn babies, as crossing the palm of a newborn baby with silver is a way to wish them wealth and good health throughout their life, whilst the £5 coin is a favourite for royal celebrations."

More: Commemorative coin marks birthday | Mail Online

Cindy

SophieChloe

TLLK

But the accountants for the UK's biggest magazines and papers are likely counting down and counting on big sales for all things birthday related.

cate1949

Welll I admit I am hoping for a Birthday picture or two.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince George Covers People Magazine For 1st Birthday

QuoteNext up, Vogue? People magazine has announced that Prince George has landed its cover for the week of his July 22 birthday, just a week after Vanity Fair announced that Prince George covers its August issue.

Like the Vanity Fair cover, the People cover features a photo of George on the Royal Tour of Australia and New Zealand in April. Unlike Vanity Fair, People leaves George's parents Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge out of the photo, putting the focus completely on the royal baby - except for a small inset photo of Kate holding George.

Prince George Covers People Magazine For 1st Birthday : The Eye : Fashion & Style

sara8150

Prince George Is Turning 1! Inside Life Today with the Little Heir
Prince George's First Birthday : People.com

Double post auto-merged: July 17, 2014, 01:55:10 AM

Now Prince George gets magazine Photoshop treatment: Royal baby graces the cover of People with noticeably redder lips, whiter eyes and fixed brow
Prince George gets People magazine Photoshop treatment | Mail Online

Limabeany

Quote from: sara8150 on July 17, 2014, 01:40:38 AM
Prince George Is Turning 1! Inside Life Today with the Little Heir
Prince George's First Birthday : People.com
Life with the little heir... William has done nothing but complain about him since he was born...  :no:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.