Prince Harry's army career

Started by v_voom, January 21, 2013, 07:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

@ chavitaWe have known what he would do in Afghanistan when he got back since 2009 what consequences? That Amanda Patel is writing nonsense about him? I suspect she would have done so anyways...

Minerva

QuoteThe Telegraph Show Some Gratitude, Army Chiefs Tell Harry

Prince Harry has been accused of ingratitude and immaturity by senior military figures after an interview in Afghanistan in which he spoke of his life as a helicopter pilot.

Show some gratitude, Army chiefs tell Prince Harry - Telegraph

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

live your truth there is nothing to fear, you live your fear you fear life.

Death is not a sport, nor is hunting. ... Ahimsa

Eri

As Harry's lawyer (lol) I gotta question every "journalists"  who prints this hot mess:

"One senior officer, speaking to The Sunday Telegraph anonymously"

cinrit

Yeah, but that one officer's comments made it into a respected newspaper. 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Eri

cinrit

Yes, The Telegraph is not a tabloid.

Cindy

amabel

I read it. I don't always agree with it, but I find it a good paper and I'm in general agreement with it..
And the Telegraph is likely to be in touch with Senior army personell and the establsihemnt in general.. so if they feel Harry said too much, odds are that the Senior brass and the upper crust do feel he said too much.

psm

Sunday issue is done by a different staff tough, so I am not sure if it is the same quality as the regular issue.

I agree with Eri, one anonymous source criticizing Harry. I am not saying they made up the source, my issue is with the source, put your name behind it if you have such strong opinions.

It is the MOD who has decided the interview would be conducted, when and where it would be conducted. They had the option to review the contents before airing. They had to option to draw limits to the questions, etc... They did not. So the upper echelon is probably over all happy with it. Of course not everyone will agree with things he said, you will always find dissenting voices. What I find interesting is how one anonymous voice becomes the voice of the military according to this paper; when a lot of military personnel have already expressed their support for Harry.

I feel Harry is being the scapegoat once again, because well his Harry after all, they always need the Bad Prince. And of course he openly voiced his disdain for the media during the interview and showed how the interview was not his choice.

Eri

I don't believe it !!! If anything because it was Military bosses who had the genius idea of him being interviewed  <_< so if anything they should beat them self down!!! And sight let's continue the Harry bashing an totally ignore this interview!!!

Prince Harry Interview After His Return - YouTube

chavita

Quote from: Eri on January 26, 2013, 11:55:38 PM
@ chavitaWe have known what he would do in Afghanistan when he got back since 2009 what consequences? That Amanda Patel is writing nonsense about him? I suspect she would have done so anyways...

I don't think you are even following what I said, so I suggest you read my posts again.
Harryite #0009

cinrit

QuoteHelmand Harry reveals his secret desert fear - if I lose this bizarre board game to my mates, I'll have to be their brew bitch!

A picture of concentration, Prince Harry makes his move with extreme caution as he knows the consequences. But rather than co-ordinating a deadly strike from his attack helicopter, he is taking his turn in a fiercely competitive board game called Uckers.

The traditional game, which is rather like Ludo, is favoured by the military to while away downtime at Camp Bastion – and much is at stake.

Those who lose are consigned to a shift at the beck and call of bell-ringing comrades. As the third in line to the throne cheerfully put it: 'Whoever loses becomes the Brew Bitch, and then you have to make brews for everybody else.'

Harry and the three other pilots on his flight of two aircraft kick back, eat chocolate, tune in to the radio and swat at the irrepressible flies.

They are surrounded by reminders of the war they are fighting - their benches are propped up on empty ammunition boxes and the wire frames of Hesco defence barriers overhead is a camouflage net giving some much-needed shade. Empty shell cases make perfect ash-trays.

Helmand Harry reveals his secret desert fear - if I lose this bizarre board game to my mates, I'll have to be their brew bitch! | Mail Online 

Cindy

Mike

Did any Windsor family member greet Harry at his base when he returned to the UK?  IIRC, Prince Charles greeted Andrew at Portsmouth when he returned from the Falklands conflict.  If no one did greet Harry then shame on them.    >(
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Diamonds

^ No one met Harry when his unit landed because no other families were going to be allowed to meet their soldiers when they landed.

Mike

When families were permitted to meet the returning troops, did the family greet Harry?
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and

NotWaitieKatie

No. He landed at RAF Brize Norton, did the interview and was at first thought by the media to be traveling on with his unit to Wattisham, but I read he didn't. He left from Norton on his own. I guess the families would have been at Wattisham.
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

Mike

I don't understand Charles not being there at first opportunity to welcome home his son from war.  Of course, I don't think like a Windsor.
Mark Twain:
and

marine2109

QuotePrince Harry serves with the British Army in Afghanistan
Helmand Province, Afghanistan - December 2012

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Eri

The Daily Telegraph ADMITS they had a fit for basically nothing last week :

Prince Harry: Frontline Afghanistan, BBC Three, review - Telegraph

Tonight we finally got to see the documentary that caused all the trouble and Prince Harry: Frontline Afghanistan (BBC Three) was disappointingly unsensational. It portrayed a likeable, down-to-earth young chap doing a decent job for Queen and country. It just so happens that the Queen happens to be his grandmother and the country is the one he's third in line to rule.

Basically they should be ASHAMED!!!  :fuming:

RoyalB

I watched the BBC3 programme and I agree with the Telegraph article that it did seem stretched a bit to fill out the hour.  Quite a bit of it I'd already seen on various news programmes and video clips round and abouts but I think it was well worth watching.

As usual, much has been made of what Harry said and how he should have said it (taking things out of context is a bad habit for the press, after all) but I think he was portrayed in this documentary as someone trying very hard to just get on with his job and being his usual open and perhaps, too honest self.   :thumbsup:

robynrose

Harry has some choices to make . He is honest and real and the media has distorted so much that he said in these recent interviews . They interviewed a soldier and he used many army expressions . One of the choices Is.  will he live his life in the shadows like Will and Kate ( no sense of who they are   no feeling  of warmth ) or will he continue to be true to himself . I think he could be tired of it all and will disappear for about 4 to 5 weeks . He needs to think things over . He has a strong sense of duty but to be constantly raked over takes a toll no matter who you are

Eri

^ I think the British press are the ones who look very bad here...the Americans are giving him a lot of love and on Yahoo's main page the comments called out British rags ...today Italian news had a very interesting piece they basically said Will and Kate are boring and only Harry can make things interesting for The British press they went on to call out on the British press for the big deal that was made about Harry attending parties his friends organized and how foolish the British rags are being when it comes to Harry the piece ended with GOD SAVE HARRY!!! It was very cute  :teehee:

Anyway rags and some bloggers seems to have realized how foolish they were being and are making it up to Harry  :vday2:

TV REVIEW: Prince Harry Up Close And 'Ordinary' In BBC3 Documentary On Afghanistan Frontline

It's royal prince meets Jilly Cooper polo hero meets Top Gun. Prince Harry's father may wish him to behave "more like a royal" but he'd be a fool to follow that advice. Not when there's a myth in the making...    :vday2:

cinrit

QuotePrince Harry Says Call to Action 'Brings Taste of Blood'

Prince Harry has risked fresh criticism over his remarks about killing the Taliban after it emerged he had described having "the taste of blood in your mouth" as he scrambled to his Apache helicopter.

The 28–year–old also said he spent his time in Afghanistan wishing for the phone to ring so he could be "in amongst it".

Last week the Prince was accused of handing a propaganda coup to the Taliban after he talked candidly about killing insurgents and taking them "out of the game".

Prince Harry says call to action 'brings taste of blood' - Telegraph 

Cindy

Mike

Quote from: Eri on January 29, 2013, 07:36:01 AM
^ What is he 10?  :lol: The first time he returned in 2008 he and William were there the pictures are everywhere:

That was 2008 this is now.  Welcoming a family member home from war is no laughing matter, Eri.  He could have come home in a body bag.  If it was your son what would you do?
Mark Twain:
and

robynrose

That expression "taste of blood in my mouth" is an army expression to explain the adrenaline rush soldiers get . People who have anxiety or panic attacks also describe having the  dry taste of blood in their mouths . It did not mean he was out for blood but describes a soldier  's reaction  to a call that places them in danger . I am not going to pick apart his words , since he was a soldier in a war zone speaking about what they feel or how a  body reacts  in that situation .,He was talking as a soldier in a war zone not as a Prince.  Sometimes a person can only be just that one role at a time

Double post auto-merged: January 30, 2013, 02:45:59 AM

Notice that the story would not include that description . It needs the headline not the explanation or reason he would use those words