Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities Part 4

Started by Macrobug67, January 23, 2023, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

At the speed of rate the couple are losing supporters, lovely to see such optimism.

The ''gist'' of Chris Rock monologue actually has to do with white families accepting black people to marry within vs black families usually don't. He clarified that in his Tik Tok, as some got the gist, but not everyone.  Usually when a black person speaks out about racism, race, people 'to date' pay more attention rather than coming from a white person.  His point via his tik tok was proven to be right, his majority of black followers not only agreed with him but commented the same, easier to see white families accepting a mixed race or black bride or groom in the family, and very very rare to see a black family accepting it.  It would be interesting to see a study in family relations from a black family perspective receving the white person in their ''family community''.  This comment has to do with what I've read in Chris Rock official.

HistoryGirl2

If I had to take a guess, I?d say the majority of the American public don?t care either way. I think the reaction is toward the overexposure, if anything. A prince whining about his lot during a recession is likely to rankle.

I think if they were just doing charity work quietly, things would turn around for them.

changemhysoul

I believe we're looking at different things and places.

Like Re: Chris Rock, I can say that there are a lot of people who agreed with him as you pointed out. But, are you going to also point out the people that don't agree with him? Or his take on them? Are you going to bring up that people have long, pointed out the fact that Chris Rock has a thing for going after black-woman, making fun of them pointing the finger at them to mock them? There are a slew of black people who side-eye him for letting white people use the end-word, that there are black people that dislike him.

No, because, if you need, you can use him (and those that agree with him) as the authority on how black people feel about Harry and Meghan. But you in your post using him, don't point out that there plenty of black people who disagree with him and it's a more nuanced issue. He's been called a coon.

So as you're seeing them quickly loose support....I'm seeing quickly gain support. You mentioned tiktok, there are a many accounts of black people defending them on tiktok, young people who related to Meghan's poem about being a divorced child, it's currently going viral as people relate to it. So many positive things being said about his book. So many videos of people dragging the royal family or calling out the media. People who are saying that Meghan has now become a litmus test for them when interacting with other people. I can also say, on tiktok there is the opposite, people who don't like them and etc. Same on any social media platform.

So, it's more likely that neither one of us will be able to show the true measure of it leaning in either direction.

I agree, most people are indifferent, but as I said....they're doing fine and they're certainly not failing as much as people want to say they fail. Over exposer is a thing but when people realize they here more ABOUT Harry and Meghan than they actually hear FROM Harry and Meghan, that also gives them support.

It also helps them when people like Robert Jobson, a man close to King Charles and Clarence House say things like Archie should be dangled over a balcony like Michael Jackson did his kids, it turns more and more people into H&M supports, or at the very least anti-Monarchy (because they've kept quiets on the actual violence that's wished on H&M and their kids, in their name) or anti, British Media, which makes people trust what's being said less.

And then when people realize that information put out by America outlets that lean more right-wing or Murdoch owned, it causes people to support them more, just as things cause people to stop supporting them.

So, all in all, they're doing fine, they'll always do fine and they're not where close to the drop that a lot of monarchist/royalist, right-wing peeps want them to be. It's not gonna happen. It's wishful thinking, it's a narrative that keeps being pushed in hopes that it'll catch on and people will believe it.

But most of all, people are largely indifferent.

Also,

People Magazine got in touch with Van Niekerk, the vet in the Car S.O.S video and he gave his reaction to the message from Harry.

""I'm one of those people that don't like to make a big deal about what's happened to me and what I do. I don't see myself as a hero but as just another person who's had a tough journey and now continuing to help others through my experience as part of my duty," he says. "But when I received that message from Prince Harry, it was so unexpected. I had no idea that was coming. He has such huge pressure on his shoulders and he has done so much in service of the veteran community and the country."

"For him to take the time to get to know my story and send that message saying all of those kind words and wishing me well for my future challenge was a huge honor," Van Niekerk added. "To hear appreciation from those around me is humbling but to hear it from a royal, who is also a fellow veteran, was very special. Also as this is all coming from someone who's also been through a lot and it wasn't just some generic message. It felt very personal and shows the mark of the man he really is. It made my sacrifice and effort feel appreciated."

Prince Harry Surprises Military Veteran on Car SOS: Exclusive

HistoryGirl2

I agree that they?re doing just fine?privileged people of their ilk will always be fine.

wannable

^^Maybe, Chris is basing his fact finding through history white family wedding with a black groom or bride, whilst black family being the principal accepting a white and having a white mingle with the black family is rare to none. Maybe one day we will witness Malia Obama marrying  British aristocrat Rory Farquharson.  I think family unity is key. The Obamas are a very united family.  :flower3:

changemhysoul

https://twitter.com/BBCTheOneShow/status/1640778843295297536

BBC The One Show has aired (or will be airing, I think by now i's out) will be airing a show/moments of Endeavour missions. Invictus has them all over the but this one is following a group of British, American, Nigerian, Romanian and German vets as they complete a new endeavor.

It's being hosted by JJ Chalmers and he'll follow them on the first leg of their journey as along the Highland way, it'll be an 8-day hike.

The twitter link is a clip of the show.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 28, 2023, 11:59:50 PM
https://twitter.com/BBCTheOneShow/status/1640778843295297536

BBC The One Show has aired (or will be airing, I think by now i's out) will be airing a show/moments of Endeavour missions. Invictus has them all over the but this one is following a group of British, American, Nigerian, Romanian and German vets as they complete a new endeavor.

It's being hosted by JJ Chalmers and he'll follow them on the first leg of their journey as along the Highland way, it'll be an 8-day hike.

The twitter link is a clip of the show.

What grit and determinations these vets show on the Endeavour missions! Truly inspiring, (as is Invictus itself.)

changemhysoul

Official Launch: Prince Harry and Meghan meet competitors, family & friends and volunteers of IG23

Official Launch: Prince Harry and Meghan meet competitors, family & friends and volunteers of IG23 - YouTube

Video uploaded to the IG23 Youtube channel

Curryong

Both Harry and Meghan seem to be healthy, happy and having a ball meeting the competitors, volunteers etc. Great to see them!

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on March 29, 2023, 01:53:35 PM
Both Harry and Meghan seem to be healthy, happy and having a ball meeting the competitors, volunteers etc. Great to see them!

Yes! Though, this video is from when they were in Germany, shortly before the queen passed.

Someone slowed down on the video and made clips and I saw that there were two little Archie and Lilibet jersey's made! Archie's said 19 and Lili said 21! So cute

changemhysoul

?The Gracie Awards announced that Meghan, Duchess of Sussex was named top Entertainment Podcast Host for her groundbreaking podcast series Archetypes.The Gracies recognize exemplary programming created by women, for women and about women in all facets of media and entertainment?

STATEMENT FROM MEG: ?Thank you to the Alliance for Women in Media Foundation for this prestigious honor. This is a shared success for me and the team behind Archetypes ? most of whom are women ? and the inspiring guests who joined me each week.?

Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex is Named Top Entertainment Podcast Host By The Gracie Awards | Archewell

Curryong

Excellent news! Good on Meghan! She and Harry keep getting slaughtered in the media but just keep on keeping on.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on March 30, 2023, 07:12:34 PM
Excellent news! Good on Meghan! She and Harry keep getting slaughtered in the media but just keep on keeping on.

Yes, it'll cause a few upsets but oh well. There is a Gala happening for this on May 23rd and I'm begging the universe to tell Meghan to go. We're almost in April and we've (those who are fans) have only seen her twice (and as always, we hear more about her than we hear from her)

Also speaking off, congratz to Harvest Home, Sussex Squad (and others who donated but they started piling in after Meghan's visit) and Meghan for inspiring those who follow her.

Harvest Home posted a update on their instagram

?We are abundantly grateful for the overwhelming response to the request for donations from our Amazon wishlist. What was once a conference room in our Pico House is now overflowing with hundreds of donations of essentials from our wishlist. We are especially grateful to the #SussexSquad for giving in honor of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!?

changemhysoul

Roundup:

Twenty members of the #WeAreInvictus community have just completed a 154km hike along the West Highland Way in Scotland.

WIS from the UK, Denmark, Germany, and the Netherlands formed a great team that hiked nearly 20km a day to pay their respects at the Commando memorial.

Invictus: Endeavour I Can Hike ? Invictus Games Foundation

------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/HumanityCrew/status/1641772331617095682

Grateful for The Archewell Foundation?s support in providing emergency mental health support to 4K+ affected by recent earthquake in Turkey & Syria. Together we're making a difference through deploying mentalhealth first aid to crisis zones #mentalhealthfirstaid #disasterrelief

TLLK

changemhysoul

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 31, 2023, 12:41:04 PM
Roundup:

Twenty members of the #WeAreInvictus community have just completed a 154km hike along the West Highland Way in Scotland.

WIS from the UK, Denmark, Germany, and the Netherlands formed a great team that hiked nearly 20km a day to pay their respects at the Commando memorial.

Invictus: Endeavour I Can Hike ? Invictus Games Foundation

------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/HumanityCrew/status/1641772331617095682

Grateful for The Archewell Foundation?s support in providing emergency mental health support to 4K+ affected by recent earthquake in Turkey & Syria. Together we're making a difference through deploying mentalhealth first aid to crisis zones #mentalhealthfirstaid #disasterrelief

More of an update from Humanity Crew via their instagram, I didn't see this at first

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on March 31, 2023, 12:44:05 PM
Wow that's really an accomplishment to complete that hike!

It certainly is. Hiking nearly 20k a day is no joke (and sometimes Scottish weather is not either.) And to do it when somewhat physically maimed makes it twice as hard. Well done to everyone who participated.

Similarly it?s great that Archewell is helping people in Turkey and Syria, now all the headlines about the disaster there has ceased.

Curryong

https://apnews.com/article/meghan-duchess-sussex-ms-foundation-award-abd9d8e7c6607c45acf56ac4c05f2358

Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, and Black Voters Matter co-founder LaTosha Brown will receive the Ms. Foundation?s Women of Vision Award in May, the nation?s oldest women?s foundation announced Monday.

The awards will be handed out at the Ms. Foundation?s annual gala on May 16 at New York City?s Ziegfeld Ballroom, part of its 50th anniversary celebration where funds raised will go toward the organization?s equity-centered initiatives.

The foundation will also honor Wanda Irving, co-founder of Dr. Shalon?s Maternal Action Project, and Kimberly Inez McGuire, executive director of URGE, as well as emerging leaders abortion rights activist Olivia Julianna and LGBTQ+ advocate Rebekah Bruesehoff.

?Meghan, LaTosha, Wanda, Kimberly, Olivia, and Rebekah are incredible leaders,? Teresa C. Younger, Ms. Foundation president and CEO, said in a statement. ?We are grateful to be able to shine a light on their many accomplishments and tireless work on behalf of gender and racial equity across the country and the world.?

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on April 03, 2023, 02:18:55 PM
https://apnews.com/article/meghan-duchess-sussex-ms-foundation-award-abd9d8e7c6607c45acf56ac4c05f2358

Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, and Black Voters Matter co-founder LaTosha Brown will receive the Ms. Foundation?s Women of Vision Award in May, the nation?s oldest women?s foundation announced Monday.

The awards will be handed out at the Ms. Foundation?s annual gala on May 16 at New York City?s Ziegfeld Ballroom, part of its 50th anniversary celebration where funds raised will go toward the organization?s equity-centered initiatives.

The foundation will also honor Wanda Irving, co-founder of Dr. Shalon?s Maternal Action Project, and Kimberly Inez McGuire, executive director of URGE, as well as emerging leaders abortion rights activist Olivia Julianna and LGBTQ+ advocate Rebekah Bruesehoff.

?Meghan, LaTosha, Wanda, Kimberly, Olivia, and Rebekah are incredible leaders,? Teresa C. Younger, Ms. Foundation president and CEO, said in a statement. ?We are grateful to be able to shine a light on their many accomplishments and tireless work on behalf of gender and racial equity across the country and the world.?

Yes! I was just coming to post this.

Congratz Meg, I'm sure it's going to upset a few people but I love this for her. I hope she shows up.

wannable

The first award was fine as ex senior royals (post megxit), then the following awards became a joke affecting PR wise the giver and receiver because of their actions.  Don't they notice the mocking rather than the upset?! IOW, the most prestigious awards avoid touching the duo with a ten foot pole.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on April 04, 2023, 09:48:16 AM
What do they want awards for?

Who are ?they?? If you mean the Sussexes, they haven?t asked for any awards, nor have they been asked if they ?want them?. Meghan has been awarded this last award for the reasons stated in the article, which I have linked previously.

From that article

?Meghan will receive the award for ?her global advocacy to empower and advocate on behalf of women and girls? from Gloria Steinem, Ms. Foundation co-founder. With her husband, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Meghan directs their philanthropy through their Archewell Foundation?.

Both the Gracies and the Ms Foundation Awards are prestigious. Even those reporters who dislike Meghan have said so in their reports about them.