Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities Part 4

Started by Macrobug67, January 23, 2023, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Hope that Harry will do some more with Travalyst this year, now that the world is coming back to travelling around again.

Though more than 100 passengers on one of our airlines was stuck in the interior at Alice Springs airport for six hours inside the plane!! Due to technical difficulties. Not a very enjoyable experience.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on March 03, 2023, 02:37:52 PM
Hope that Harry will do some more with Travalyst this year, now that the world is coming back to travelling around again.

Though more than 100 passengers on one of our airlines was stuck in the interior at Alice Springs airport for six hours inside the plane!! Due to technical difficulties. Not a very enjoyable experience.

Same, I hope that Travalyst can bloom.

And I didn't hear about that incident but that sounds horrible.

---

Today, Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex has released a message in honour of 40 years of Terrence Higgins Trust.

The message appears in the catalogue for our flagship fundraising event, The Auction at Christie's, which takes place this evening.

changemhysoul

Also some small update info on IG2023,

They had 2,723 volunteers to help for the IG2023 from all over the world.

1,100 confirmations were sent out in January, along with the wait-list!

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on March 03, 2023, 02:37:52 PM

That's an awful experience! I hope that it wasn't during the summer season when it could be extremely hot.

@changemhysoul - :thanks: for keeping us updated on the Archewell work and the IG information.

Curryong

As practically everyone knows Diana was very much identified with the fight against AIDS in the days when confirmation was practically a death sentence, and a great supporter too for The Terence Higgins Trust. Her son Harry has also been a supporter for several years and it?s great that he is keeping up that connection. Hope they get a real boost to their funds with the auction.

Marvellous too to read of the preparations going ahead so well for IG 2023.

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on March 06, 2023, 01:34:14 PM
That's an awful experience! I hope that it wasn't during the summer season when it could be extremely hot.

@changemhysoul - :thanks: for keeping us updated on the Archewell work and the IG information.

Np!

That being said, here is a video about the lead up to the IG2025, it's on a BC channel. News Vancouver

Countdown to the Invictus Games in BC | CTV News

In the training, they said there was one competeior from Colombia who had never seen snow before.

TLLK

changemhysoul

Archewell update about International Woman's Day

International Women's Day | Archewell

"Today, The Archewell Foundation celebrated International Women?s Day with a visit to Harvest Home.

This valuable organization helps provide housing, mental well-being support, and classes to expectant mothers who have faced tremendous challenges including domestic violence, substance use and homelessness. Since being founded in 1985, Harvest Home has supported over 600 pregnant women and their children.

As an advocate for women?s rights and supporter of mothers and families in need, Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex and the Archewell team celebrated the women of Harvest Home by creating a pop up baby boutique, hosting lunch from a female owned restaurant, and making a donation to the organization.

Happy International Women?s day to all of you! Whether donating your time, funds, or helping a woman in your community, let?s all celebrate the women in our lives today and every day"

Curryong

That?s a great way to celebrate International Women?s Day and support a valuable organisation at the same time. Meghan chooses her time and projects well.

changemhysoul

The BetterUp conference was great! They had a lot of interesting things going on, Prince Harry and Alexi started a bit after 8 and after a performance. I also got to catch a bit of the chat with Issa Rae!

Harry looked good and glowing, him and Alexi have great chemistry. I envy those who got to see it live.

People had their phones out like it was a concert, I think popularity wise, Harry and Meghan are doing just fine in the US. People looked forward to hearing from them and the entire event was sold out.

I won't post it because I assume the video from IG has already been seen but they've been busy too. I saw a tweets from some of the different nations and they'll be announcing the teams soon as well!

Curryong

It?s great hearing about this conference and luminaries like Issa Rae and Robin Arzon. And even better to hear how interesting it was and how people had their phones up for Harry and the others. Harry is looking cheerful.

A little bit about BetterUp for those that don?t know much about this organisation.

Founded in 2013, BetterUp? is a human transformation company that drives peak performance in individuals and organizations, through unparalleled access to coaching, content, community, and cutting-edge AI technology. BetterUp is the inventor of virtual coaching and the largest mental health and coaching startup in the world, with the world?s largest network of over 3,000 Coaches offering support in 64 languages across over 70 countries. Trusted by more than 600 organizations including NASA, Google, Snap Inc., Chipotle, Salesforce, Hilton, Warner Media and other leading Fortune 1,000 companies, BetterUp delivers on three key impact areas ? Mental Fitness, career & leadership development, and social connection ? inspiring people everywhere to live with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Investors include Wellington Management, ICONIQ Growth, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, PLUS Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Mubadala Investment Company, Morningside Group, SV Angel, Freestyle Capital, Crosslink Capital, and Tenaya Capital. BetterUp?s Science Board is composed of leading researchers in the fields of positive psychology and human performance including Martin Seligman, Adam Grant, Shawn Achor, and Quinetta Roberson. BetterUp has been recognized in the Inc. 5000, Fortune?s Great Places to Work, and People Magazine?s Companies that Care. To learn more, visit The Most Comprehensive Coaching Platform | BetterUp.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 09, 2023, 02:51:18 AM
Archewell update about International Woman's Day

"Today, The Archewell Foundation celebrated International Women?s Day with a visit to Harvest Home.

This valuable organization helps provide housing, mental well-being support, and classes to expectant mothers who have faced tremendous challenges including domestic violence, substance use and homelessness. Since being founded in 1985, Harvest Home has supported over 600 pregnant women and their children.

As an advocate for women?s rights and supporter of mothers and families in need, Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex and the Archewell team celebrated the women of Harvest Home by creating a pop up baby boutique, hosting lunch from a female owned restaurant, and making a donation to the organization.

Happy International Women?s day to all of you! Whether donating your time, funds, or helping a woman in your community, let?s all celebrate the women in our lives today and every day"
Delighted  to see that this event occurred yesterday and that Harvest Home residents were the recipients. 

Actually not surprised to see that Backgrid Photo Agency was present to photograph the Duchess as she left the restaurant. The video shows the Duchess smiling and appearing pleased to see the photographer(s). (Photo credits are in the article linked below.)

Smiling Meghan Markle enjoys brunch with friends in Hollywood | Daily Mail Online

changemhysoul

She just seemed pleased, Meghan was a smiley instagram girl before getting married.

If she had frowned or used a stony face, that would become a thing. And she had just let an event with lovely ladies, along with someone wishing her a happy international woman's day, why not smile and say thank you.

In fact, I'm sad that she's only seen every 3 months at most. I didn't think we'd get photos...I wish some had been released for the event but I get it.

Archewell also updated the photo for International Woman's Day on their website.

Also more photos from Harry at the BetterUp event

https://twitter.com/DrJosh/status/1633671527232339969?s=20

TLLK

IMHO there are likely no photos from Harvest Home for security and privacy concerns for staff and residents. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some domestic violence victims who are there.

However here's some background information on Harvest Home which serves women at two locations: Venice and Pico District. Looks like there are excellent services for physical, emotional and mental well being for pre and ante natal clients and their children.

Harvest Home

changemhysoul

Fair Point,

More details, Meghan took the Archewell ladies out for lunch as well and Prince Harry sent cupcakes for desert

Meghan Markle Has LA Lunch with Archewell, Prince Harry Sends Cupcakes

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 09, 2023, 07:17:21 PM
Fair Point,

More details, Meghan took the Archewell ladies out for lunch as well and Prince Harry sent cupcakes for desert

Meghan Markle Has LA Lunch with Archewell, Prince Harry Sends Cupcakes

A nice update on "Ladies who lunch" as this one would have been a wonderful treat for the ladies of Harvest Home. Smart move on Harry's part to send cupcakes!

changemhysoul

Yeah, it was lovely of Harry to send the cupcakes.

Another update, this time an instagram one from Harvest Home

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 10, 2023, 12:12:59 AM
Yeah, it was lovely of Harry to send the cupcakes.

Another update, this time an instagram one from Harvest Home

These are expectant mothers who definitely deserve the cupcakes.  :happy:

changemhysoul

Harvest Home posted pictures of the new baby boutique along with a message ( via instagram Harvest Home on Instagram: "Thanks to Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex and the team at Archewell, we?re thrilled to unveil our brand new baby boutique! )

"Thanks to Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex and the team at Archewell, we?re thrilled to unveil our brand new baby boutique! Last week, they so generously shared their time and resources to transform our empty storage room into a charming space filled with donated clothes, baby accessories, and essential items.

Our residents have already used points earned in classes on their first round of baby gear. As women continue to work towards their educational goals, the baby boutique will ensure that they graduate from Harvest Home with everything they need!"

Curryong

Harvest Home has been terrific in creating this baby boutique, in conjunction with Archewell. And of course mothers and their small children will benefit from the donations and the classes. So it?s all good news!

TLLK

Good to see that the clients will have plenty of clothing options for their babies and children.