First solo engagements timeline for new royal spouses

Started by TLLK, October 27, 2014, 04:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

* HGD Stephanie just recently had her first solo engagement in Japan. Saw this info on another site and thought I'd share it here. PM me if you want the link  as I've abridged some of it. As the lone male consort, Daniel is not included though IMO he should be.

First solo engagements timeline  for the more recent royal brides from the last 1 1/2 decades:
Earliest solo engagement winners:
CP Mary of Denmark 1 month after wedding-National Pony Championships and also at 1 month the Duchess of Cornwall-Southhampton General Hospital.

Duchess of Cambridge 6 months after her wedding-In Kind Direct cocktail reception at Clarence House. (She filled in for the PoW.)

18 months after her 2002 wedding, then Princess Maxima of the Netherlands-Meuse County Hospital

Two years minus 11 days-HGD Stephanie-Jewelry store visit featuring Lux designs in Japan.

Two and half  years then Princess of Austurias Letizia visited the Pozuela de Alacorn School.

Three and a half years CP Mette-Marit of Norway visited Malawai.

* Didn't include then Duchess of Brabant Mathilde as there was a discrepancy over her first solo visit. Will update when it is resolved.

Limabeany

@TLLK Lovely idea! I am loving your new thread ideas very much!  :clap:

[mod] Changed the title from 'brides' to 'spouses' so that Daniel can be included. :coy: :hug:[/mod]
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Thank you! I'll see if I can find out when Daniel's first solo event ones as I do believe he deserves a place.

As far as I can tell it was about six months after the wedding at a trade event. (Official report was in Swedish.)

Curryong

I believe Daniel got up and made a speech of thanks to the congregation of Ockelbo Church after a Christmas Mass/Carol concert. Don't know whether that would count as an official engagement, though.