Our Queen at Ninety

Started by Curryong, March 19, 2016, 11:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

^ So George calls the Queen 'Gan-Gan,' which is very sweet. I do wonder how often he meets her though. And why was the Queen so particularly thrilled at Charlotte's birth. She already had three great-granddaughters. It's a bit mystifying.

TLLK

Our Queen at 90: New film offers rare glimpse into Queen's life as she approaches 90th birthday - ITV News
As the Queen approaches her 90th birthday a new film looks set to offer a rare glimpse of what life is really like for Britain's longest reigning monarch.

Told in the words of those closest to her 'Our Queen at Ninety' features interviews with family members about what the 89-year-old is really like as well as showing behind the scenes footage of her life while homage is paid to her many years at the helm of the Royal family.

Video snippets included
[/quote] In the snippet of the Diplomatic Reception the DoE, PoW and DoC wear their Garters on their left leg as they enter into the room. (Couldn't understand at first why all three men had their pants bunched up at the same spot until a poster at another site pointed it out.)

Jennifer

QuoteBritain's Queen Elizabeth loves her granddaughter Princess Charlotte. That says Charlotte's mother Duchess Catherine in an interview to mark the ninetieth anniversary of the British monarch.

"The queen is very happy that we got a girl," Kate says in the first television interview that she gives herself. According to the wife of Prince William, the Queen was one of the first who came to visit booth. "She loves Charlotte and follow its development closely."

Prince George, Charlotte 2.5 year old brother, has a nickname for the Princess. "He calls her Gan-Gan." Elizabeth, according to Kate really a family man. "If we are going to stay they always leave gifts behind in the rooms."

Read more translated:
https://translate.google.nl/translate?hl=nl&sl=nl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eo.nl%2Fblauwbloed%2Fartikel-detail%2Fkate-de-koningin-is-blij-dat-we-een-meisje-kregen%2F&sandbox=1
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

TLLK

QEII's great-grandchildren are fortunate to have time with their great-grandparents. With so many children, most of these relations would have already passed on.

LouisFerdinand

Prince Harry hails the Queen as 'remarkable' in candid documentary | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince Harry has admitted he finds it 'hard' to cope with the pressure that comes with being related to the Queen in an interview released for the first time today.

He said he often feels as though other members of the Royal family are simply 'walking in her footsteps' as he hailed his grandmother's sense of duty as 'quite remarkable'.

Harry, 31, was speaking as part of a new documentary which sees other members of the family give touching tributes to the monarch ahead of her 90th birthday next month.
[/quote]         

Prince Henry's remarks about Elizabeth II are quite touching. He truly respects his grandmother's commitment to duty.

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on March 24, 2016, 09:32:26 PM
Quote from: snokitty on March 24, 2016, 10:04:24 AM
Prince Harry hails the Queen as 'remarkable' in candid documentary | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince Harry has admitted he finds it 'hard' to cope with the pressure that comes with being related to the Queen in an interview released for the first time today.

He said he often feels as though other members of the Royal family are simply 'walking in her footsteps' as he hailed his grandmother's sense of duty as 'quite remarkable'.

Harry, 31, was speaking as part of a new documentary which sees other members of the family give touching tributes to the monarch ahead of her 90th birthday next month.

Prince Henry's remarks about Elizabeth II are quite touching. He truly respects his grandmother's commitment to duty.

^ I think all the Queen's younger descendants do deeply respect her, LouisFerdinand. It's whether they can emulate her sense of duty and commitment that's the worry.

TLLK

^^^I agree that all of her grandchildren seem to be in awe of her and their grandfather.

TLLK

I was surprised at how husky Eugenie's voice was when watching the program. Her sister on the other hand has a very girlish and light one which reminds me of "granny's"

My favorite parts included the story of QEII's first investiture with the army private receiving the Victoria's Cross and the rugby players gathering at the palace for the World Cup reception. It didn't share anything ground breaking or salacious but was just a nice thank you to HM IMHO.

Curryong

^ Yes. I agree with you about Eugenie's voice. I'd never noticed that before. It was a nice tribute to 'Granny' from her children and grandchildren I thought, (though surprisingly Anne and Edward were MIA.) The Queen showed a keen sense of humour at various points and, as always, her love of horses shone through. It's going to leave a huge gap in Elizabeth's life when she can ride no more though she'll still of course visit the Royal stables. How pleased people are when they meet her, pleased and overwhelmed. It must be a great experience.

Jennifer

QuoteQueen Elizabeth - a life in pictures marking the monarch's 90th birthday [Photos]

Click here to view:
Queen Elizabeth - a life in pictures marking the monarch's 90th birthday [Photos] - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Kinkade

Can I just say the I really admire her?!?!  :blush: :nod:

She has taken her duty and responsibility seriously and served her country well. And despite the scandals and selfishness that members of her family have done, she has remained above it all and tried to keep the dignity of her family. I guess it wasn't easy for Prince Philip either and he has to be commended for supporting her all these years.

My father keeps telling me he remembers the day he saw the Queen and the Prince when they visited Hong Kong over 50 years ago. They had a parade on Queen street. My father was a young boy then and he remember how beautiful she was.   :blowkiss: