Leonor, Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofia News and Events

Started by Macrobug67, July 29, 2020, 04:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Lovely photos of Felipe, Leti and the girls together. How tall are  both Leonor and Sofia! Maybe they have inherited Felipe?s height? I can imagine that Leonor is a quiet achiever and diligent student. I don?t think her education will suffer at all from the break.

TLLK

Quote from: TudorQueen on October 21, 2021, 06:44:33 PM
@TLLK That is true but there is more to the school experience then the books. Especially when she is at boarding school. The social interaction, activities and so on. One thing we have indeed learned with covid, while yes distance learning is possible, the social interaction for kids was a huge factor missing. A lot of kids have suffered emotionally during covid due to isolation.

Thankfully Leonor will be back at school after a break. But sending her to Wales is a chance for her to be a normal kid for once and not the future queen of her peers. While she understands her duties, there is likely part of her wondering what her friends at school are doing after class, or this weekend, when she is home on duty.

I agree that there's more to the experience and that COVID has had an impact on education. Distance learning is not the optimal situation. However for a short period of time, such as her visit home for the Princess of Asturias awards, I believe that it won't have too much of a negative impact upon her school work or relationships with her new classmates.

TLLK

The Princess of Asturias will end her classes on April 14 and then return to Spain for her term break. She has at least one public event while she's on her break. Traditionally the SRF spends Easter on the island of Mallorca and attends Easter Sunday Mass together.  The last time they were able to do this was in 2019.

Spanish Royal Family Attends Easter Mass | RegalFille | Queen Letizia of Spain | Queen Letizia | Queen Letizia Style

El esperado regreso de Leonor a casa con una "significativa" reaparici?n

TLLK

The Princess of Asturias who is currently enjoying her Easter break attends a youth conference on Internet Safety.

Jornada sobre Juventud y Ciberseguridad: ?Disfruta de Internet con Seguridad? - YouTube

TLLK

The sisters at a Princess of Girona Foundation event yesterday. The title Prince/Princess of Girona is one of the heir to the throne's historic titles.  I expect to see the Spanish court pairing them both for upcoming events as it's good experience for both. In the future, Sofia will be able to still be a working member of the family during her father's reign but according to Spain's constitution as her aunts Elena and Cristina did however this will end when Leonor's begins.

Princesses Leonor and Sofia of Spain visit museum for Spanish surrealist artist Salvador Dal? | Daily Mail Online

QuoteLeonor and Sofia stepped out at a museum for Spanish surrealist artist Salvador Dal? yesterday.

They were taken on a tour of the facilities at the Dal? Theatre-Museum in Figueres in the province of Girona, Catalonia, ahead of the Princess of Girona Awards today.

The sisters meeting with previous winners of the award.

Do?a Leonor y Do?a Sof?a en Taller impartido por Hadi Partovi, con j?venes de la Fundaci?n - YouTube

TLLK

The sisters will be in London on their first official foreign engagement to view the Women's Euro Cup match between Spain and Denmark. Would be lovely to see the Danes sending a royal delegation too.

Inicio - Actividades y Agenda - Partido de f?tbol de la fase de grupos de la ?UEFA Women?s Euro 2022? entre las Selecciones Nacionales de Dinamarca y

TLLK

TLLK

Leonor was spotted last Friday with six friends from her school in Wales having lunch at an Austurian restaurant in Madrid.  :happy: I'm happy for her that she can feel comfortable hosting them in her country.

Exclusiva: el almuerzo asturiano de la princesa Leonor en Madrid con unos amigos 

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on December 20, 2022, 06:50:32 PM
Leonor was spotted last Friday with six friends from her school in Wales having lunch at an Austurian restaurant in Madrid.  :happy: I'm happy for her that she can feel comfortable hosting them in her country.

Exclusiva: el almuerzo asturiano de la princesa Leonor en Madrid con unos amigos

That?s marvellous. I wonder whether the danger to any of the younger Dutch royals has now receded so that at least the two older sisters will be able to go out and about with their school friends in the same way. I noted that Izzy of Denmark was outside on a walk with no security at all that could be seen. Some other royals would be envious.

TLLK

Casa Real has announced that Infanta Sofia will begin attending the Atlantic College in Wales this fall for the 2023-2024 school year.

Inicio - ?rea de Prensa - Comunicado de la Casa de S.M. el Rey

Here's the current count  of royal students/alumni:  Belgium-Duchess of Brabant, The Netherlands-King Willem-Alexander, Countess Eloise, Princess Alexia, Spain-the Princess of Asturias, and now Infanta Sofia.

TLLK

The Princess of Asturias is to begin three years of military training for the army, navy and air force in Sept. 2023.   Interesting as I thought she might go straight to university, however her path will be similar to her Belgian counterpart Elisabeth with military training first and then university. Leonor's father, King Felipe followed a similar path.

Leonor comienza en septiembre su formaci?n militar: los detalles de su nuevo futuro acad?mico

Infanta Sofia will be confirmed on May 25, 2023.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Princess Leonor will begin a series of physical, psychological and English language exams before her admission to the military academy.

Pruebas f?sicas, examen de ingl?s y test psicol?gico: as? ser? la 'selectividad militar' de Leonor

TLLK

The sisters carried out joint engagements with the Princess of Girona Foundation. The sisters will have limited time to see each other in the future as Leonor begins three years of military training and Sofia begins school at the Atlantic College in Wales.

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sof?a carry out joint engagements in Girona in a bittersweet farewell ? Royal Central

wannable

Princess Leonor of Spain, 17, looks radiant in white as she joins her parents to visit the military academy she will attend in September

Princess Leonor of Spain, 17, visits military academy she will attend in September  | Daily Mail Online

^ She will be studying at the military academy for 3 years then will study law at university.

Mapped out.

TLLK

The King and Queen will accompany the Princess of Asturias to her entrance into the Military Academy on August 17, 2023

Los Reyes acompa?ar?n a la Princesa Leonor en su ingreso en la Academia Militar de Zaragoza

TLLK

The Princess of Asturias is enrolled in the Military Academy today. She was joined by her parents and sister.

La Princesa Leonor inicia su formaci?n militar en Zaragoza - YouTube

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on August 17, 2023, 12:41:03 PM
The Princess of Asturias is enrolled in the Military Academy today. She was joined by her parents and sister.

La Princesa Leonor inicia su formaci?n militar en Zaragoza - YouTube

Yes, Queen Leti looked quite emotional. What an adventure, though! Like her father, one year in the infantry, the second training in the Navy, then a third learning to fly. And after that University, probably Spain then elsewhere for her master?s. Leonor has her life set until her mid twenties.

TLLK

With Sofia heading to Wales very soon, the couple will be "empty nesters" for the next few years. At least Leonor will be in Spain and not too far away from Madrid. Also there will be events where parents can attend for both of their girls.

Blue Clover

I wish Princess Leonor the best. This is a huge adventure, and three years a quite a long time.

TLLK

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on August 29, 2023, 12:53:22 PM
Infanta Sofia left for Wales today. Classes begin next week.

La im?genes de la infanta Sof?a despidi?ndose de los Reyes

Autumn and winter in rainy Wales. Brrrrh! However, every young royal at the College so far seems to have enjoyed their stay, so it must have a very good atmosphere. Hopefully Sofia will like it too.

TLLK