The Duke and Duchess of Sussex Interviews, TV and other media events Part 4

Started by TLLK, January 21, 2023, 12:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryGirl2

Oh good lord, is this really being brought up? Some people really will complain about anything. Going into the topic itself would be entirely too political, but how about having a conversation with someone doesn?t mean you necessarily agree with every word that?s ever been uttered by them?

Curryong

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on March 03, 2023, 01:53:27 PM
Oh good lord, is this really being brought up? Some people really will complain about anything. Going into the topic itself would be entirely too political, but how about having a conversation with someone doesn?t mean you necessarily agree with every word that?s ever been uttered by them?

Oh it does where the Sussexes are concerned according to the tabloids!

Curryong

I love the Colbert auestionare! Perhaps because I too love the same sandwich with Dijon mustard. Harry was relaxed and cheerful and amusing here.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on March 03, 2023, 01:25:02 PM
Rabbi Abraham Cooper, of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre in New York, told the Jewish Chronicle: 'Whoever made the arrangements to have this individual appear with Prince Harry, did him no favours. If Prince Harry knew this man's record and still chose him for the interview, our Centre would criticise the prince for such an inappropriate choice'. -

Fury over Prince Harry's 'intimate' public chat with Dr Gabor Mat? who defended Hamas rockets | Daily Mail Online

While I doubt that the current and historic situation in the Middle East especially between Israel and Palestine will be discussed, I can understand why Dr. Matte's presence is causing some raised eyebrows.

wannable

The youtube video of Russell Brand with that Doc calling Israel ''terrorists' will make all the Jews angry with the Doc.

^ I prefer to be grounded 6 hours than have a aircrash.

Curryong

Israel is not, and should not be, beyond criticism for right wing and Zionist policies towards Palestinians.

Dr Mate is a Jew himself and a Holocaust survivor who had many relatives die in Nazi death camps. He is also a mental health expert. However it?s extremely doubtful that any of Israel?s policies will be coming up in the talk with Harry. Dr Mate is a distinguished author and expert on mental health and that?s what he and Harry are there to discuss.

And the passengers were not allowed to leave the plane, and were given very little food at drink. Many have said they will never fly with that airline ever again. And it?s not the first time the airline has stranded passengers. In fact it?s getting to be a regular occurence.

Follow 7NEWS on Twitter

wannable

Of course, every country that is criticized due to 'arms related' issues has their vocal detractors, peace lovers, right and left wing, etc. I'm just stating the obvious, it's on tape, so of course the Jews are angry.

Same with the Doc, not one public person is universally loved, there is always people who have a different view.  Legally he doesn't practice nor can receive patients, the drug he likes to use is illegal where 'he can lawfully practice'.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on March 03, 2023, 02:29:00 PM
I love the Colbert questionnaire! Perhaps because I too love the same sandwich with Dijon mustard. Harry was relaxed and cheerful and amusing here.

Yes, it was fun. Harry is charming as always, natural charisma shines through. But also Colbert and Harry have great chemistry and were v good with playing off of each other. I also like the sandwich combo but I've never called it a toastie 

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on March 03, 2023, 03:21:08 PM
Of course, every country that is criticized due to 'arms related' issues has their vocal detractors, peace lovers, right and left wing, etc. I'm just stating the obvious, it's on tape, so of course the Jews are angry.

Same with the Doc, not one public person is universally loved, there is always people who have a different view.  Legally he doesn't practice nor can receive patients, the drug he likes to use is illegal where 'he can lawfully practice'.

That?s hardly a scandal. The doctor is nearly 80 years old, and the vast majority of his colleagues of a similar age are retired anyway. He is hardly a pothead! And many Jewish people, not just Matte, disagree with Israeli Govt policy re the West Bank. As do many non Jews.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 03, 2023, 03:30:52 PM
Yes, it was fun. Harry is charming as always, natural charisma shines through. But also Colbert and Harry have great chemistry and were v good with playing off of each other. I also like the sandwich combo but I've never called it a toastie

It?s called a toastie here in Aus as well. We have many English type expressions in this country. I agree Harry and Colbert had great chemistry. Who knows, maybe he will be a guest on the show again some day.

wannable

For 'uniform' industry/government, a warning is a warning that may lead to diminish a career in practice.

HistoryGirl2

Anyone is allowed to not like it, but that doesn?t mean Harry or anyone else has to listen. He has a right to have an opinion or have no opinion at all and still have a conversation with the man about a completely unrelated topic.

And terrorist acts can be committed by anyone, regardless of their race, religion, or nationality. Your cultural identity does not magically make every action you take acceptable or appropriate.

Ayse

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/02/prince-harry-livestream-

I read this article about Harry's livestream.  So funny.  I wonder if he manages to blame his family for articles like this?  I guess we'll find out in the Spare part two. ( Or should i say waagh part two🤣🤣)

changemhysoul

Quote from: Ayse on March 03, 2023, 08:24:40 PM
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/02/prince-harry-livestream-

I read this article about Harry's livestream.  So funny.  I wonder if he manages to blame his family for articles like this?  I guess we'll find out in the Spare part two. ( Or should i say waagh part two🤣🤣)

Article has been deleted or removed but I do hope for waagh part two. I'm sure it'll be another best seller, his charities would get more money, he'll have more money for his family.

Curryong

Omid Scobie was probably upset on the Sussexes? behalf but the couple themselves are happy in California and aren?t and weren?t upset over the decision at all, unlike Andrew over the possibility of losing Royal Lodge.

The Mirror and other tabloids are now following The Times article with Valentine Low quoting contacts over in California stating that the couple recognise the reasoning behind it. Columnists and journalists at the British tabloids and elsewhere in the media who have been revelling in the imagined misery and humiliation of the couple (here?s looking at you Piers, Levin and Jan Muir who were so quick off the pot with their wholesale enjoyment of the situation) will be disappointed!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals...ction-29369107

Ayse

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 03, 2023, 09:55:22 PM
Article has been deleted or removed but I do hope for waagh part two. I'm sure it'll be another best seller, his charities would get more money, he'll have more money for his family.

For $33.09, Hear Prince Harry Unpack His Trauma Again

It works for me.

I'm sure the second part will come if he can't find any other way to make money other than insulting his family and violating their privacy.  I wouldn't want the book I wrote to become best seller like this but hey it?s just me.

wannable

Omid's status with Harry seems to have fallen out.  Omid and Meghan are friends since way back.

Curryong

The journalist who put this together can?t even spell Sovereign Grant correctly. It?s Grant not Grand. And Harry certainly wasn?t receiving 2 million a year from the Sovereign Grant. That is only given to working royals for travel and other expenses while they undertake engagements.

And how does this person know how much Harry got each year from the Duchy of Cornwall? The allowances given by Charles to his two sons have never been detailed. Plus the 2.4 million for FC was paid back by the Sussexes, so that was hardly a perk, more an expense, especially as they also paid for furniture, paint, wallpaper, lighting, fittings for the Cottage as well.

changemhysoul

Omid and Meghan haven't been friends since way back.

Omid was just the only RR who didn't arrange and harass them for access or turn into a bully about it. He was also another POC and would have some shared experience.

Omid didn't treat them like personal toys so Omid has been given access others haven't times. All of the royals have their favorite reporters that they run too when they want something to say.

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on March 04, 2023, 01:03:34 PM
The journalist who put this together can?t even spell Sovereign Grant correctly. It?s Grant not Grand. And Harry certainly wasn?t receiving 2 million a year from the Sovereign Grant. That is only given to working royals for travel and other expenses while they undertake engagements.

And how does this person know how much Harry got each year from the Duchy of Cornwall? The allowances given by Charles to his two sons have never been detailed. Plus the 2.4 million for FC was paid back by the Sussexes, so that was hardly a perk, more an expense, especially as they also paid for furniture, paint, wallpaper, lighting, fittings for the Cottage as well.
I thougth that Charles' accounts gave the income given to his sons, wich was approx 2 M each per year

changemhysoul

Carly Ledbetter has a break down of Harry's live but it's really hard to understand if you weren't in the event.

Anywhoo, the talk with Dr. Mate was great, the bath and forth and ease they had made a great environment. The questions that were selected were also pretty good. It was an enjoyable event imo.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on March 04, 2023, 05:23:55 PM
I thougth that Charles' accounts gave the income given to his sons, wich was approx 2 M each per year

Yes, he may well have done that, but that was just guesswork on behalf of the media, and most of it was earmarked for the running of the Royal Foundation offices and later of the Sussexes? office anyway. And as William had three children and Harry only one at that time, the portion given to William to help out with his household expenses may have been larger. The point is, we just don?t know because it has never been detailed.

All these figures on both sides of the illustration are all over the place anyway. The Fail doesn?t know what Netflix, Spotify, the Random House publishers shelled out to Harry. It?s all guesswork, figures plucked out of the sky, and unless one day these organisations state what the deal payouts were and are, no outside body is ever likely to know, and that includes the Fail.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 04, 2023, 06:57:13 PM
Carly Ledbetter has a break down of Harry's live but it's really hard to understand if you weren't in the event.

Anywhoo, the talk with Dr. Mate was great, the bath and forth and ease they had made a great environment. The questions that were selected were also pretty good. It was an enjoyable event imo.

That?s excellent. So glad you and the others enjoyed listening to the banter and the discussion on this really serious topic. A poster elsewhere was saying that as Dr Mate has been renowned expert on mental health issues for many years, he is a recipient of an Order of Canada.