The Sussex Family General Chat Part 2

Started by sara8150, March 01, 2023, 12:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryGirl2

^Have comments been allowed for the Wales children? Or is it just the Sussex children whose posts allow comments?

wannable

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on April 06, 2023, 05:05:24 PM
^It?s a very old school way of thinking though. Now, all is meant for public consumption and every opportunity to monetize something private is exploited.

I'd add not only words but actions, Nepo baby suing the Home office for RPO's  :hehe: :wacko:  Like stay with it -hire private security, don't sue the tax paid government.  I mean Harry has so many nepo baby throwing the toys examples, which put off the public in it's majority, 75% are not ''privileged''.

^^ I'm not blocked, I can comment on any/all The Royal Family twitter account tweets, I just checked seconds ago. My algorythm is friendly, never been blocked or have I received a message from Twitter that I broke a rule. Usual things that may happen, more enforced now by Elon Musk. Hate speech if reported will be reviewed and the twitter user at best will be out of service for 3 to 6 months, a second hard core hate abuse, will be forbiden forever. The twitter team has a entire floor with people dedicated to this.  They will of course advise the official twitter user, i.e. The Royal Family IF they've been targeted.

^Yes, both young families have been targeted. 

BTW, yesterday evening the news is King Charles team, include here MI5 is dealing with a 100plus list of wackos....before the Coronation. So these dangerous 100+are   on the loose IF it weren't for the coronation?!

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on April 06, 2023, 05:05:30 PM
The Royal Family twitter limited comments under the post about Charles and Camilla, which I understand, they don't want to be swarmed with stuff.

It would've been nice if that grace had been extended to Meghan so people weren't allowed to leave racist comments or Archie or Lili when post about them popped up. They learned how to limit nasty comments or hide them during the Jubilee when the Queen was alive, anything nasty or even just comments talking about the tax-payer but racist comments about the kids were allowed to be up.

One rule of them, another for Meghan and the kids.

@changemhysoul - It's possible that you missed this news from 2019 when  it was announced that the couples'  (then Cambridges) and Sussexes shared social media accounts were being moderated more closely due to the comments directed at both Meghan and Catherine. Now as for the account for The Royal Family, the BRF have been trying to work with the social media companies to end abuse towards members of the family. However it should be noted that the BRF cannot completely control what is posted on these platforms.

Here's the official policy from the BRF website. https://www.royal.uk/social-media-community-guidelines

QuoteBy engaging with our social media channels you agree to follow these guidelines.

Comments must not:

Contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence.
    Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.

Breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves.
    Be off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible.
    Contain any advertising or promote any services.

From 2019 Royal family issues new social media guidelines to deter trolls | Monarchy | The Guardian

QuoteSocial media trolls who post offensive or abusive messages on the royal family?s platforms now face being blocked and may be reported to police under new guidelines published by Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace.

The move follows revelations last month of high levels of vitriol and abuse, especially aimed at the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex.

Some of the worst, hate-filled personal abuse is said to be between competing camps that support Kate or Meghan, fuelled by some media reporting that pits the women as rivals.

The guidelines have been introduced to try to maintain a safe environment on channels run by the three households, and call for users to show ?courtesy, kindness and respect?.

The royal family?s website warns that the palaces reserve the right to ?hide or delete? comments, ?as well as block users who do not follow these guidelines??We also reserve the right to send any comments we deem appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as we feel necessary or is required by law.?

Last month it was revealed Kensington Palace staff were spending several hours a week moderating and deleting posts, which include racist and sexist abuse as well as threatening remarks.

Kensington Palace had sought help from Instagram to deal with the problem. According to a senior source, palace policy is not to take down comments merely critical of the royals.

While some of the abuse has been directed at the two royal women, more of it was arguments between rival fans, particularly on the Kensington Palace Instagram account, which has 7 million followers, with some posts attracting in excess of 1,000 comments. Neither Kate nor Meghan has a public personal social media account.The rules, which were listed on the royal family?s website, call for comments not to ?contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence? or ?promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age?.

Blocking undesirable comments is a policy often adopted by high-profile personalities. But last year, when the US president, Donald Trump, blocked some users from his presidential Twitter account, a New York district court ruled it unconstitutional because the account was deemed an official political channel, and so blocking violated first amendment rights to participate in a ?public forum?..

Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton abuse: Royal family issues social media guidelines | CNN

changemhysoul

Prince William ?Baffled? by Prince Harry?s ?Difficult? Coronation Behavior

I'm taking this The Daily Beast article with a side-eye but the fact that the media has been briefed for months and the media has been telling us for months that William HATES Harry and Meghan, and William won't invite Harry to HIS coronation (I don't you could actually pay Harry to go. Most affection went towards his Grandmother. There was acceptance that his father is who is, he's most hurt by William, so he'd probs be playing polo that day.)

How incandescent with rage William is every other day, how he doesn't want to SEE Harry, about how they want them ice-outed and frozen out and etc and etc and etc.

Which, I say is valid! Harry released his book but to say that to the media, to allow friends to run around saying that, you can't be confused by the fact that Harry would really consider if it was worth it. Like, they want him to come with his family.....just so his family can be snubbed.....laughable really.

I only side-eye because Skyes has some deep sources within KP and I don't think Wiliam cares if everyone knows he hates his brother now (again! fair! I'm not trying to take that feeling away from him) but it's really, really, really, really, silly to question why someone might not show up to even in which, everyone related to the event has been telling that media that they want them to be treated like dirt.

Like for months...all we've been hearing is how Harry is just dead to William and etc and etc but everyone is still shocked when Harry won't comeback when ordered? Just because people thinks he will.

Funny. It's funny.

HistoryGirl2

Not sending an RSVP by the date provided is exceptionally rude behavior, whether the event is your cousin?s wedding or the coronation. I don?t think Tom Sykes has to look very far to try to come up with how William would feel about Harry?s behavior because it?s something that is universally acknowledged as selfish behavior.

I don?t know that Harry is trying to be difficult for difficult?s sake, but I can?t think of any other reason why you wouldn?t just RSVP ?no? like any other polite individual would. That?s the reason why anyone is even questioning it. Had he just done that from the get-go, no one would have to wonder. If the family is such an awful, terrible, abusive, lot full of vipers and liars, then why would they even consider going? If my family were as toxic as he claims the RF are, my RSVP would have been sent the very day I received the invitation. ?No, thank you.?

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on April 07, 2023, 05:00:54 PM
Not sending an RSVP by the date provided is exceptionally rude behavior, whether the event is your cousin?s wedding or the coronation. I don?t think Tom Sykes has to look very far to try to come up with how William would feel about Harry?s behavior because it?s something that is universally acknowledged as selfish behavior.

I don?t know that Harry is trying to be difficult for difficult?s sake, but I can?t think of any other reason why you wouldn?t just RSVP ?no? like any other polite individual would. That?s the reason why anyone is even questioning it. Had he just done that from the get-go, no one would have to wonder. If the family is such an awful, terrible, abusive, lot full of vipers and liars, then why would they even consider going? If my family were as toxic as he claims the RF are, my RSVP would have been sent the very day I received the invitation. ?No, thank you.?

I have to agree that not sending a simple "Yes" or "No" is extremely rude and immature. Both of them can certainly relate to how stressful it was when Meghan's father Thomas Markle was behaving the week of their wedding in 2018. Harry himself refers to the situation in Spare.  If neither feels comfortable attending, they're perfectly capable of sending their regrets.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on April 07, 2023, 08:00:05 PM
I have to agree that not sending a simple "Yes" or "No" is extremely rude and immature. Both of them can certainly relate to how stressful it was when Meghan's father Thomas Markle was behaving the week of their wedding in 2018. Harry himself refers to the situation in Spare.  If neither feels comfortable attending, they're perfectly capable of sending their regrets.

How do we know that the Sussexes haven?t RSVP?d to the Coronation invitation? We do know that the couple and BP have been in regular communication since before the invitations were formally sent to anyone.

The only people who are saying that they haven?t replied is the Press, who are not likely to know unless BP tells them, there is no obligation on Harry and Meghan to rush and tell the media anything, after the way journalists have treated them for nearly four years. The media were full of stories about Harry and Meghan were not going to receive an invitation at all until the Sussexes told them they?d been e-mailed by people at BP. Before that the media obviously knew nothing.

Journalists are more than capable, because they?ve done it already on multiple occasions, of stating untruths about the couple ?spreading chaos?, ?not talking? to various royals or royals not talking to them, doing this, not doing that, when the stories are completely untrue and they know nothing or have completely made things up.

After the Sussexes spoke about the emails the Press then turned tack and there were dozens of stories about the couple imposing tons of conditions on their attendance. We ?know? that how? Oh yes, the tabloids told us! Nuff said!

Nightowl

Quote from: changemhysoul on April 07, 2023, 04:51:37 PM
Prince William ?Baffled? by Prince Harry?s ?Difficult? Coronation Behavior

I'm taking this The Daily Beast article with a side-eye but the fact that the media has been briefed for months and the media has been telling us for months that William HATES Harry and Meghan, and William won't invite Harry to HIS coronation (I don't you could actually pay Harry to go. Most affection went towards his Grandmother. There was acceptance that his father is who is, he's most hurt by William, so he'd probs be playing polo that day.)

How incandescent with rage William is every other day, how he doesn't want to SEE Harry, about how they want them ice-outed and frozen out and etc and etc and etc.

Which, I say is valid! Harry released his book but to say that to the media, to allow friends to run around saying that, you can't be confused by the fact that Harry would really consider if it was worth it. Like, they want him to come with his family.....just so his family can be snubbed.....laughable really.

I only side-eye because Skyes has some deep sources within KP and I don't think Wiliam cares if everyone knows he hates his brother now (again! fair! I'm not trying to take that feeling away from him) but it's really, really, really, really, silly to question why someone might not show up to even in which, everyone related to the event has been telling that media that they want them to be treated like dirt.

Like for months...all we've been hearing is how Harry is just dead to William and etc and etc but everyone is still shocked when Harry won't comeback when ordered? Just because people thinks he will.

Funny. It's funny.

Glad to see someone is smart enough to believe in the tabloids instead of news from reliable sources like BP or William himself.....LOL

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on April 07, 2023, 10:19:41 PM
How do we know that the Sussexes haven?t RSVP?d to the Coronation invitation? We do know that the couple and BP have been in regular communication since before the invitations were formally sent to anyone.

The only people who are saying that they haven?t replied is the Press, who are not likely to know unless BP tells them, there is no obligation on Harry and Meghan to rush and tell the media anything, after the way journalists have treated them for nearly four years. The media were full of stories about Harry and Meghan were not going to receive an invitation at all until the Sussexes told them they?d been e-mailed by people at BP. Before that the media obviously knew nothing.

Journalists are more than capable, because they?ve done it already on multiple occasions, of stating untruths about the couple ?spreading chaos?, ?not talking? to various royals or royals not talking to them, doing this, not doing that, when the stories are completely untrue and they know nothing or have completely made things up.

After the Sussexes spoke about the emails the Press then turned tack and there were dozens of stories about the couple imposing tons of conditions on their attendance. We ?know? that how? Oh yes, the tabloids told us! Nuff said!

I believe that the official invitations for all VIPs ie those who will require protection have been sent and a reply was required  by now so the Met Police can finalize their plans.

The number of Police officers and VIP protection officers would need to be determined well in advance of the event.  At this point in time,  I  do believe that the  Sussexes have not given their final answer.

HistoryGirl2

^Plus they?ve already said they?re working on the assumption that they?ll be there precisely because they have not confirmed whether they will or will not attend.

But more to the point: why would they go? Harry claims all of the RF sell false stories about him to the media, don?t care whether he lives or dies, and made his wife suicidal. Why would you want to return to this so-called toxic environment? And for such a public event, why would you want to be in England? He says it?s dangerous for him and his family. Why bend over backwards to try and make an event based around an institution which apparently gleefully harms him at every turn?

Amabel2

HistoryGirl2

Well, I ask because I genuinely want to know the answer from their perspective. I already know what I think, so I?d like to hear another side to see if it matches their actions.

As I think through it, there are only three reasons why they would not announce their decision. 1) Because they are going and they don?t wanna be swarmed when they arrive because Harry thinks it?s dangerous. 2) Because they?re not going and they just wanna make it all about them in the meantime. Or 3) That list of demands that the press reported is true and they?re waiting on BP to confirm that these demands will be met.

I tend to lean toward option number 1. But if that is the answer, I genuinely wanna know how they would explain that from their perspective. Because from mine, it would make no sense why two people that say they were mentally and emotionally scarred by these individuals would wanna be anywhere near these people if in their own words, ?nothing has changed.?

I don?t want to assume I am always correct, so I would like to hear other opinions.

Amabel2

They need to go to emphasise their connextion to the RF.  If they did not go, their fans in the US might start to lose interest.
And in any case, goin by what Harry said back some weeks ago when promoting his book, you can't rely on anything he says.  One minute he will say that Camilla leaves bodies in the street, which is pretty extreme, then says that he gets on fairly well with her. 
Or that he did not say the family were racist because he ddi not use the word Racist.

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on April 08, 2023, 11:15:13 AM
^Plus they?ve already said they?re working on the assumption that they?ll be there precisely because they have not confirmed whether they will or will not attend.

But more to the point: why would they go? Harry claims all of the RF sell false stories about him to the media, don?t care whether he lives or dies, and made his wife suicidal. Why would you want to return to this so-called toxic environment? And for such a public event, why would you want to be in England? He says it?s dangerous for him and his family. Why bend over backwards to try and make an event based around an institution which apparently gleefully harms him at every turn?

Yes I agree that the BRF/Earl Marshall aka Duke of Norfolk/Government and Met Police are just planning for them to be present. If one or both choose not to attend, then adjustments will be made.

TLLK

Discussion of the excerpts of Robert Jobson's new book  can be found in the thread linked below. It's in the Modern Monarchies forum. /color]

Please note that the primary subject of Robson's book is King Charles III and not the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. For that reason, discussion of the book and its excerpts will take place in the thread linked below.

Books, TV programs and Films about Royals and Aristocrats

wannable

People Magazine

''The coronation falls on Prince Archie's 4th birthday, and PEOPLE understands that the Duchess of Sussex will spend the weekend celebrating with him and his sister, 22-month-old Princess Lilibet.''

''Prince Harry, 38, wanted to be at the service to support his father at this important moment in his life, a friend tells PEOPLE.''

(He's done with the trashing?!)

wannable

The Duchess of Sussex, 41, has now successfully been handed a trademark for the relaunch of her lifestyle website The Tig.

It's iconic logo features a handwritten Tig with a full stop at the end.

changemhysoul

I love this choice.  Just getting my thoughts out and then I'll be off.

I would've wanted Meghan to come for a fashion moment but alas, it's whatever.

This is great on so many levels.

People can stop whining about Meghan keeping Harry from his family because it always has to be the woman. (And it just can't be the perfectly good BRF, who have never done anything wrong, ever)

He's flying in, attending the ceremony and flying out.

I'm glad Meghan is protecting her piece, no need to go and bow to the woman who still has denounced her good friend Jeremy or the man who claims to love his grandkids but kicks them out of there home and lie and say it's for the country and cost-saving. I mean, yes, now Meghan will be blamed for taking attention away because she didn't show up but she's in Cali.

Nothing for the family to leak about her (I was just waiting for a Meghan stole a tiara article), no pictures of her to sell the papers, no photos of the kids, nothing, 0, zilch for the British Media. I know half of the family are happy she's not coming, half might be upset they've lost a chance to give Meghan the cold shoulder and put her in her place.

And seeing the melt-down, it has been glorious and amazing.

Some people like to swear by Tom Bower, and according to him, Kate was the one to make sure Meghan wouldn't be around, and if she did come, she'd seat her in the back. Once again, Kate won't be dragged through the coals for making Charles coronation bout herself. (reserved for Meghan only) And once again, it's funny because Kate....if she was going to have the smoke for anyone, it should be Harry. (I'm sure Harry will stay away from her and we can stop the keening peace maker articles) But no, she turns her ire to Meghan and Meghan said she was a nice person and etc. I take from that, mean girl ways but I'm sure, she'll be defended to the ends of the earth and back but her public behavior even when her name wasn't mentioned, left a lot to be desired. I'd like Kate to realize, her going out of her way to snub Meghan, isn't as cool as she wants it to be and nothing has been done to her so as people say Meghan needs to get over making herself a victim, Kate needs to get over making herself a victim. And this forum has prompted Tom Brower as a source for being right, so surely, things wouldn't change if it's Kate being painted in a not so great light. (But people might rejoice in Kate putting Meghan at the back of the Church and even the optics for that...not great)

And two media reactions, I want to touch on.

1. The melt-down from the media....in general...after months and months and months of telling she isn't wanted and etc, they're not crying about how she isn't doing her royal duties and attending.

2. The Sun, running an article about Meghan not being there for Charles when Charles was there for her and I have to say lol, just lol, walking someone part-way down isle...does not mean, you're being there for them. Uhhhh, he's never said or done anything about the constant press abuse (we're talking beyond, the so called scrutiny...which wasn't really about anything they did...because at the time, Andrew was doing stuff with pedos and Charles getting bags of cash but no, Meghan's nail polish! It was just excuse for the press to abuse), he's never said or spoken against the violent attacks against Meghan, he leaks to his friends in the media about he wants to see his grandkids but has evicted them from their home, what was paid for and being up-kept to give it to his brother....just an overall failure of a fil, grandpa and etc. If the only point of reference people have has him being there for her is walking down an isle she walked mostly by herself....YIKES. Like...you have the former head of counter-terrorism talking about credible threats to Meghan's life, a rise in hate-crimes and white supremacy when she joined and to that you respond by taking away her home? That would tell me all I need to know about if you truly cared for me or my kids. (And well, holding this on Archie's bday, as if they couldn't find any other day and now, a picture of Archie can't even be released without someone screaming 'THEY'RE TRYING TO OVERSHADOW THE CORONATION' one would think, a loving grandpa would at least say, make it the 9th or something or speak out against his friend Robert Jobson when he implies Archie should be dangled over a balcony but nada.)

3. Why do people want to see Meghan get boo'd so hard? There saying she didn't want to face the boo's. Like....the last people event, there was exactly one British heckler but....another man just being out of breath and shocked that he got to see Meghan Markle in real life. At the Jubilee, there are conflicting reports about boo's but we do know she was cheered and the absolute boos were for Boris Johnson. Harry got calls of love at this Court Case and no boo's but William and Kate have been boo'd, Charles and Camilla KEEP getting boo'd and eggs chucked at them. Soooo.....it's just a very desperate attempt at people WANTING Meghan to get boo'd because it makes them happy I guess.

Overall, Harry is doing his duty to his father (who I don't think deserves but not my father.) This will be the last royal event for a while.

Meghan, is protecting her peace and not allowing herself to be served up as a media fodder and taking away the families chance at snubbing her and showing meaningless she is.

And not a good look for history that such a hostile environment, helped by the silence of the family has made it a security concern for the bi-racial woman and the bi-racial kids, as Charles is crowned King of The Commonwealth and/or head of state.

So, I hope to see Meghan at the MET GALA and if not that, I hope she attends her two awards ceremony so I can get some Meghan fashion moments.

It's been a pretty good day.

wannable

Paperboy worldwide headlines have the news as a relief rather than a meltdown. 

Also, the couple decided to not share their children with any of his/her extended family, only Doria.

I wouldn't be surprised if she caused some drama across the pond the 6th May.  BUT it would be too predictable.  I'm sure she knows she will never ever participate in any British royal event. This was it.

changemhysoul

Interesting article from The Daily Beast, I?m glad that some outlets are pushing back against the narrative that Charles is super sad he didn?t get to see his grandkids.

King Charles ?Very Saddened? by Estrangement From Archie and Lilibet

Here?s the thing: if he didn?t care about seeing Archie and Lili, that?s fine with me. World goes round, it?s his side pushing this woeful grandpa image. If he cared, he wouldn?t have evicted them from their home in the UK. If he cared, he would created some symbolic role for Archie or at the very least, push back against the media as they gleefully wrote article after article about how he didn?t invite his own grands. And at the very least, he could?ve spoken up for either one when they were being bullied by his media friends.

Anything. So I wish his friends would stop briefing the media that he?s so sad he didn?t get to see them. He has a chance to visit and attend an important life event. He didn?t. He couldn?t found any other Saturday instead of taking attention away from his grandson. He didn?t.

Listen Charles, it?s okay not to care. Just stop trying to project the Image that you do.

Also sorry, if the format is weird, on mobile because my laptop is busted.

wannable

The couple that works 1 hour a week couldn't fly to the UK and have their daughter baptized in a COE. Meanwhile the workaholic King was about to but alas didn't fly to France, but Germany did happen.

:wink:

HistoryGirl2

This sounds like something I referred to on another thread. A journalist taking liberty with an emotion that is likely true, but embellishing a story around it.

I?m not of the opinion that Charles is the root of all evil, so I?ll start there with my disclaimer regarding my opinion. Does he, like most any other grandfather that?s ever lived, love his grandchildren? Likely so. Does he miss not being able to see them as often as he does his other grandchildren? Likely so. Is he despondent over it and does he spend every waking hour thinking about all the reasons why he doesn?t get to see them? Unlikely.

This is the most important day of Charles? public life. He?s also not a complete idiot. I?m sure he knew it was unlikely they?d come. Do I think he?s sad that things have worked out the way they have? I?m sure. Sad enough to kowtow to the desires of two people that have spent months badmouthing his whole family? Seems not.

wannable

On 8 January 2020 Megxit, today Meghan's PR team is playing the victimhood mix with badmouthing = 3 years and 4 months ongoing. She (and Harry) are ''still'' using their old game, which fool me once...

HistoryGirl2

I think it?s very simple and nothing that?s that dramatic. The family dynamics have irrevocably changed. For the better? For the worse? I?m not sure that either is fair to say. Harry said he wanted a family not an institution. Impossibly naive for someone that grew up a prince. The BRF can never be just a family unless they wish to join the ranks of the deposed. The family must always be both, something that should be obvious to someone who thinks it so important to announce that his children are a prince and princess.

They do not wish to abide by the customs. Totally fair. They now live in Cali, away from the institution. I think the family bit would have been possible had they decided to address these issues privately. A letter. A phone call. A meeting. I?m sure the argument would be, ?If we tried to do this in private, they?d leak it.? That?s fine. But the minute they went public with this stuff is the minute that the relationships changed forever.

They say they can?t trust the family. Well, the family cannot trust them. I don?t see this changing any time soon. Now, if Harry was actually being serious about wanting to mend things and it wasn?t some sort of PR ploy, then I?m quite sad for him because it?s impossible to unhear and unsee the things that have been out out for the whole world to know.

Of course, there?s always the possibility that it was only for the sake of selling the book that he said the whole thing about him wanting amends. Maybe he?s fine not being on close terms with his old family and he?s fine with just his new one. That?s why I say that it might be be for the better or for the worse. Impossible for me to say.

changemhysoul

Also, leaking about Harry allegedly caring about seating plans.

But Ah yes; the palace doesn?t leak and etc. you?d think with them managing to push Meghan out and getting what they want for a day, they?d stop running to the tabloids but that?s unlikely I guess.