Re: Duke of York Royal Duties

Started by TLLK, June 12, 2018, 11:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Court Circular 21st February:
The Duke of York, Patron, the Trampery, this afternoon opened the Trampery on the Gantry, Broadcast Centre, Here East, 1 Waterden Road, London E15.

TLLK

Court Circular 7th March:
The Duke of York this afternoon received Her Excellency Ambassador Madame Dho Young-shim (Chairperson of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation's Sustainable Tourism for Eliminating Poverty Foundation, Republic of Korea) at St. James's Palace.

His Royal Highness, Founder, Pitch@Palace, this evening held Pitch@PalaceAfrica at St. James's Palace for entrepreneurs and supporters.

TLLK

Court Circular 20th March:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York this afternoon received the Archbishop of York (the Most Reverend Dr. John Sentamu).

TLLK

Gert's Royals on Twitter: "CC Thursday: The Duke of York, Patron, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, accompanied by Princess Eugenie of York,

QuoteCC Thursday: The Duke of York, Patron, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, accompanied by Princess Eugenie of York, this morning opened the Stanmore Building, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Brockley Hill, Stanmore, Middlesex.

wannable

The Royal Family
‏Verified account
@royalfamily

@TheDukeOfYork became Colonel of the @GrenadierGds in 2017, and today 360 Medals were presented to members of the 1st Battalion in the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle in front of families and friends.

TLLK

The Duke & Duchess of York are ?back together? as they go on joint official overseas visit ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York, are closer than ever before as they travelled abroad together on an overseas visit to Bahrain.

Andrew and Sarah visited Bahrain in a personal capacity, although the Duke did undertake a number of official engagements in the country during the visit.

Curryong

Fergie is supposed to have denied a few hours ago, (after all these rumours were started by Chris Ship) that her and Andrew's relationship has changed from a great friendship to anything else at all. She is very fond of hanging around with her York family when photographers are present. I suppose she believes it keeps her 'royal' (which she isn't) to the credulous, and relevant, commercially and otherwise. 

Princess Cassandra

:goodpost:, Carryong

In a recent interview the interviewer, in a voice over, noted that they (Sarah and Andrew) both admit they didn't work hard enough on their marriage. I suppose it is not for us to say yay or nay to that, but I've always thought it was strange that she makes it seem like all those separations (she says they only spent 40 days together each year) were the major cause of the breakdown of their marriage.  Didn't she realize that was going to be the case when they got married?  How many military spouses have it even worse than that?  The real issue is probably that she still doesn't realize that she should have expected and accepted the absences.  I think she is well meaning and feel very sorry for her.  She acknowledges she made a lot of mistakes and truly regrets the marriage failure, but she doesn't seem to understand the root causes of her problems.

oak_and_cedar

She also took her kids with her while vacationing with other men I believe while married. Who does that?
I don't recall PA doing such a thing.

Curryong

According to this article Texan Steve Wyatt was the great love of Fergie's life. They met while she was pregnant with Eugenie and travelled together in the years after. Photos of Wyatt were found on top of a wardrobe in an empty London flat once tenanted briefly by Wyatt that showed the two of them together and Steve with the little girls in his arms, photos that were sold to a tabloid and caused a scandal. As far as is known Andrew was faithful to Sarah during their marriage.

Sarah Ferguson?s REAL love of her life revealed ?He caused Fergie's marriage breakdown? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Blue Clover

Fergie was so young when she married Andrew, she probably didn't know what she had until it was too late.

Princess Cassandra

She certainly has expressed regrets, so I suspect you may be right.

amabel

Quote from: Blue Clover on April 06, 2019, 12:26:49 AM
Fergie was so young when she married Andrew, she probably didn't know what she had until it was too late.
She was around 26 as I recall..hardly very young like Diana.. I think she didn't realise that life outside the RF would be difficult and not as free and fun as she expected.. She is lucky that Andy, whatever his faults is very loyal to her and has kept her in his life.  As for Steve Wyatt,  I doubt if anyone was really "the love of her life". I think that Fergie is someone who "loves the guy who is near to her" at the time..  Wyatt was very rich and attractive and came along when she was realising that she found Andrew boring and was not that keen on the duties of royal life.. and was feeling trapped.. so she fell for him..

Blue Clover

I think 26-years is very young! I cringe when I look back on my own behavior. :teehee: Some young people are more mature than others, it sounds like you were @amabel.  :thumbsup:  I do think Fergie is lucky that Andrew was the forgiving type and took her under his wing when she realized how hard it was to live outside of the RF. Wyatt could have been someone to turn to when her life inside of the RF was not very exciting.

Curryong

According to my bio on Fergie she met Steve Wyatt when she went to Houston for several days of public engagements in that city. The Wyatts entertained her, holding a party at their home. The family is extremely wealthy and prominent and in some ways had Fergie met Steve earlier their lifestyle would have suited her better than in the staid BRF.

Lynn Wyatt had met Sarah before, in London, (she'd known Prss Margaret for twenty years so she was used to royalty and entertaining them) but this was the first time for Steve, who was called home by his parents to meet her. (He'd been overseas.) Sarah was five months pregnant with Eugenie but according to a party guest it was clear she was attracted to Steve. (Incidentally, Steve and John Bryant, a later lover of Fergie's, were life long friends.)

They spent a lot of time together in Houston when she was off duty. It was clear that Fergie was looking for some fun. She had had a skiing holiday at Klosters earlier with Andrew, where he had told her off publicly for answering pressmen at the resort who were shouting questions at the couple. Andrew can be very boorish and I do think that the shine was definitely coming off the marriage, even at that quite early stage.

amabel

I think she didn't like being restriced  by life in the RF with its duties and its rules about how princesses should behave.  She saw royal life as a licence to spend spend and to be noticed in the Press ? and she did duties at frirst with a puppy like enthusiasm that wore off. I think that Steve's great wealth attracted her as much as his looks and she did problaby think that if she had him, she would have loads of money with no corresponding duties to bog her down or being told that she couldn't do this or that or that princesses didn't behave in such a way as she did...
But I doubt if Steve saw it as more than  a fun affair and it was never going to become a permanent relationship.  Fergie has found since she left the RF that while there are men in her life.. and I suppose some of them are rich, none of them are marrying her..
so now, even if she got bored by Andy watching golf videioes or telling her off, she realises that he was loyal to her, that he has in his way tried to be a friend to her, and she wishes she had not thrown him over..

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: Curryong on April 05, 2019, 12:23:08 PM
According to this article Texan Steve Wyatt was the great love of Fergie's life. They met while she was pregnant with Eugenie and travelled together in the years after. Photos of Wyatt were found on top of a wardrobe in an empty London flat once tenanted briefly by Wyatt that showed the two of them together and Steve with the little girls in his arms, photos that were sold to a tabloid and caused a scandal. As far as is known Andrew was faithful to Sarah during their marriage.

Sarah Ferguson?s REAL love of her life revealed ?He caused Fergie's marriage breakdown? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

I don't think that PA was faithful. In my opinion, I don't believe any of the men in that family are.
Why would SF choose to get involved with someone else while pregnant, if that's what she did. Isn't that odd?

Curryong

I don't know about odd. I think all her life Sarah has loved flirtations and if she is attracted to a man and he to her she has gone for it! As I said in a previous post, she felt humiliated sometimes when she was out in public with Andrew because he was inclined to reprove her for being unRoyal in her behaviour.
She was five months pregnant when she met Steve but not really showing. I don't think Sarah began an affair at his parents house in Houston but certainly soon afterwards things developed.

No woman has ever come out of the woodwork and said that she had an affair with Andrew during his marriage, nor has any journalist hinted that he was unfaithful to Sarah during their relationship. He was away at sea a lot. When he was home he played golf, indulged in his hobby of photography and looked after his children at times when Fergie was away.

oak_and_cedar

Yes, it must have been a bit difficult for her being reprimanded.
It's just a feeling that I have. I don't think any of them has ever been faithful.
I do wonder if they'll ever get remarried. None of them has married anyone else.

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on April 07, 2019, 12:09:14 PM
Yes, it must have been a bit difficult for her being reprimanded.
It's just a feeling that I have. I don't think any of them has ever been faithful.
I do wonder if they'll ever get remarried. None of them has married anyone else.
who has not been faithful?  Andrew?  there's no evidence..nobody has ever said they had any kind of relationship wit him before his marriage ended.  Noone has ever said that Edward has had any extra marital affairs.. Or are there other royals yo are talking about?

Double post auto-merged: April 07, 2019, 12:13:36 PM

Quote from: Curryong on April 07, 2019, 11:44:24 AM
I don't know about odd. I think all her life Sarah has loved flirtations and if she is attracted to a man and he to her she has gone for it! As I said in a previous post, she felt humiliated sometimes when she was out in public with Andrew because he was inclined to reprove her for being unRoyal in her behaviour.
She was five months pregnant when she met Steve but not really showing. I don't think Sarah began an affair at his parents house in Houston but certainly soon afterwards things developed.

No
I think her pregnancy didn't exactly stop her, from what I can remember.  Sarah was strongly attracted, and I think he was attracted to her..and he was very very rich, which was another factor. I think she did then begin to think that if she married a rich American like him, se would have the perks of wealth without the rules of being royal.

Double post auto-merged: April 07, 2019, 02:09:30 PM

Quote from: Blue Clover on April 06, 2019, 11:11:19 PM
I think 26-years is very young! I cringe when I look back on my own behavior. :teehee: Some young people are more mature than others, it sounds like you were @amabel.  :thumbsup:  I do think Fergie is lucky that Andrew was the forgiving type and took her under his wing when she realized how hard it was to live outside of the RF. Wyatt could have been someone to turn to when her life inside of the RF was not very exciting.
Its not all that young.  19 or 20, you could understand people not having any life experience.. but Sarah had had a working life, had boyfriends and travelled.   It was not "too young to marry."  She was just not a bright woman and still isn't. I think she didn't fully take in that marriage to a royal meant restrictions as well as privileges.. and that as a second Son and a naval officer, Andrew had to be away a lot of the time.. and that he iddn't have a large fortune.  I think she over spent as compensation for his being away so much, and fooled around because she was lonely and felt that he wasn't tehre a lot, that when he was there, he was not always paying much attention to her and he was crtitcial of her at times.  She looked so silly that time after Bea was born when she followed And's ship around the Southern Hemisphere..and I think the public began to get a bit irritated by her silliness, and she lost popularity.  Then I think she got sulky because she felt that the Press and public weren't so friendly, Andrew wasn't around or didn't back her up when she was criticsed by the RF or courtiers .. and the gloss wore off the marriage fairly quickly...
so she was ripe for a bit of fun with someone like Wyatt..
I think Andrew wanted a divorce because he felt that she had shown him up by her very public infidelity and foolshiness but he remained loyal to her..  Then when they got divorced, he was able for a long tiem to lead a quiet life where the press didn't pay that much attention to him and he was able to have his girlfriends, and didn't commit seriously to anyone... .

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on April 07, 2019, 12:11:40 PM
who has not been faithful?  Andrew?  there's no evidence..nobody has ever said they had any kind of relationship wit him before his marriage ended.  Noone has ever said that Edward has had any extra marital affairs.. Or are there other royals yo are talking about?

This is just pure speculation on my behalf.

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on April 07, 2019, 03:05:11 PM
This is just pure speculation on my behalf.
well certainly there has never been any evidence of his being unfaithful, it was Sarah who wanted out of that marriage..

Princess Cassandra

Anabel is right - I remember that the press was downright mean to her.  They were absolutely gleeful to find anything to pick on her for. That must have been pretty awful. I've been critical of her for having bad judgment, but to have to put up with all that criticism would be very hard for anyone. 

amabel

I agree the press were less affectionate towards her than they were towards Diana at the time.. having said that, much of the criticism that she got after the first year or so was deserved.  She did get bored with duties and began to act like she thought royal life was meant to be all fun.. and that the courtiers were mean people stopping her form enjoying herself.   She over spent.. and did not take into account that she and Andy had a lot less money than Charles and Diana. 
She acted like she was surprised that Andrew was away a lot, when it was obvious that he would be, and then began to fool around with Wyatt... and I think grew bored with Andy when he was around..
She made mistake after mistake and seemed to think that the public and press would just smile benignly on all of htem.