Prince and Princess of Wales future roles

Started by Curryong, December 16, 2015, 09:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug67 on September 10, 2022, 03:32:40 AM
Bit off topic? sorry ( bad mod, bad).  But just wait until they start changing the patronages around.  That?s not going to be fun. 
:tired: :mad7: :computer: Oh dear. I'd forgotten that there's going to be shift in those too.  :cry: How I see the coming weeks here at RIF's mod central.

sara8150

Charles Spencer breaks silence as Kate Middleton becomes new Princess of Wales | HELLO!

James Middleton breaks silence as sister Kate Middleton is named new Princess of Wales | HELLO!

Kate Middleton: Why new Princess of Wales will not inherit Princess Diana's wedding tiara | HELLO!
Articles says Spencer tiara kept traditional since late Diana,Princess of Wales?s grandmother and her sisters wore on wedding day they NOW Diana wore Spencer tiara when Diana married Prince Charles in 1981 they NOW King Charles III but im not sure Kate and Charlotte will wear Spencer tiara

All the times Kate Middleton took style inspiration from Princess Diana | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-62856181

PrincessOfPeace

The BBC just referred to Catherine as 'Princess Catherine'

wannable

I'm rooting for this to happen.

A large mansion/castle/palace that is not inhabited/used suffers like a domino effect EVERYTHING, from water to grey water pipes, non use of electricity not only downing all appliances that also suffer disuse, but electric cables eaten by the pesky little animals, the floors, the ceiling, the furniture. Basically, you'd need maintenance to flush, turn on, clean, walk, etc. like a Museum that isn't a Museum, because then you'd have hundreds of people visiting taking away the royal home privacy of the actual royals living at Windsor estate all year long!.

''The Prince and Princess of Wales have postponed moving to Windsor Castle''

Glad to know it is postponed not cancelled.

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on September 11, 2022, 03:40:19 PM
I'm rooting for this to happen.

A large mansion/castle/palace that is not inhabited/used suffers like a domino effect EVERYTHING, from water to grey water pipes, non use of electricity not only downing all appliances that also suffer disuse, but electric cables eaten by the pesky little animals, the floors, the ceiling, the furniture. Basically, you'd need maintenance to flush, turn on, clean, walk, etc. like a Museum that isn't a Museum, because then you'd have hundreds of people visiting taking away the royal home privacy of the actual royals living at Windsor estate all year long!.

''The Prince and Princess of Wales have postponed moving to Windsor Castle''

Glad to know it is postponed not cancelled.

Yes many tourist will devastated for museum of Windsor Castle but cant tourist royals house im remember when im tourist Windsor Castle in 2002 and cant allowed enter private of Royals residences due security protection and reason but have King?s solider 24/7 but after HM Queen Elizabeth II?s funeral tourist will resume at Windsor Castle where HM Queen Elizabeth II?s burial

wannable

To date the Windsor estate is open only 3 days a year (and the amount of people is limited, I think to 30 lucky chocolate factory type golden ticket  :hehe: ), especially Frogmore House and the gardens. So imagine having to mantain Windsor Castle with no expectations of using it like a museum because royals live around the grounds.

So it makes sense that the PPOW's will be moving, allegedly after the funeral plus the seven days of morning = September 26 onward.  Including, IMO what I said about large abodes that aren't being used does fall into disarray, then making it more expensive to fix.

Basically, IF it turns into a museum, everyone around would have to move.  Tourists at your front door is an immediate reason to move out.

sara8150

Windsor Castle temporarily closed

Kensington Palace temporarily closed

Buckingham Palace temporarily closed

Clarence House temporarily closed

Royal Collection Trust
Till after HM Queen Elizabeth II?s funeral will return tourist due respect death of Queen Elizabeth II

Amabel2

Quote from: wannable on September 11, 2022, 04:20:57 PM
To date the Windsor estate is open only 3 days a year (and the amount of people is limited, I think to 30 lucky chocolate factory type golden ticket  :hehe: ),
that is not my recollection of Windsor, when i went there some few years ago.  You just bought a ticket like for any other big house. I dont remember it only being open for 3 days a year.

wannable

Oops, Frogmore House and it's limited line demarcation garden are open 30/08, 31/08 and 01/09, three days.

And Yes, Windsor Castle has limited areas open to tourists. (The Inner Hall and State Entrance Hall, it might sound smallish, but I understand the two halls are big and great to visit)

Amabel2

Quote from: wannable on September 11, 2022, 04:56:24 PM
Oops, Frogmore House and it's limited line demarcation garden are open 30/08, 31/08 and 01/09, three days.

And Yes, Windsor Castle has limited areas open to tourists. (The Inner Hall and State Entrance Hall, it might sound smallish, but I understand the two halls are big and great to visit)
so completely wrong.  Windsor is open on a normal basis

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Amabel2 on September 13, 2022, 12:53:10 PM
so completely wrong.  Windsor is open on a normal basis
I was able to tour several areas of Windsor Castle when I visited 15 years ago. Perhaps it is different now, but we had access to all the formal rooms, including the newly renovated St. George's Hall. I was able to walk from there to the private chapel (totally done since the fire, which began right near there), right next to the door to the private quarters. 

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on September 13, 2022, 11:41:30 PM
I was able to tour several areas of Windsor Castle when I visited 15 years ago. Perhaps it is different now, but we had access to all the formal rooms, including the newly renovated St. George's Hall. I was able to walk from there to the private chapel (totally done since the fire, which began right near there), right next to the door to the private quarters. 

My family and I were there in the summer of 2017 and were able to see the same rooms as you @Princess Cassandra.

Curryong

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on September 13, 2022, 11:41:30 PM

I was there in England in exactly the same year as you, Princess Cassandra, and revisited Windsor Castle for the first time since my late teens. And I have exactly the same memories as you. I think the renovations after the fire were just magnificent, unprecedented really.

wannable

It changed around 2018 when the Queen started spending Monday to Wednesday in BP
Thursday to Monday morning Windsor
Before the pandemic, her time at BP was 2 days
Then during pandemic all week months years (2) Windsor

With a family of 5 basically 5 days a week there IMO it will only be the 2 great halls as it is.

Before shortening her time at BP, she used to live London Monday to Friday morning and weekends at Windsor. She did this for 60 years. More than any CEO routine.

wannable

Correction family of 5 six (6) days a week, half day school Saturday for the 2 eldest.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on September 14, 2022, 12:55:48 AM
I was there in England in exactly the same year as you, Princess Cassandra, and revisited Windsor Castle for the first time since my late teens. And I have exactly the same memories as you. I think the renovations after the fire were just magnificent, unprecedented really.
And I loved touring St. George's Chapel....including the resting space of Prince Eddy in it's own area. It is such a glorious place, and they always refer to it as the only ancient castle still used as a residence.  I hope the Wales family will live there. 

Princess Cassandra

wannable

The investiture may happen at the Cathedral rather than in the Castle C. apparently in his conversation with the First Minister of Wales.

It won't be so grand as his father's. It will be carried out after Charles coronation.

Apparently William is brushing up his Welsh too.  His father spoke about W (and K) love of Wales/lived there for 3 plus years, at the Senedd parliament speech.