Main Menu

Server issues

Started by Wombat, April 29, 2007, 07:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miryoku

QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Happened multiple times to me over the past 24 hours.  The latest incident was at 3:42 am EST (experiencing a bit of insomnia).
Harryite #0060  Chelsyite #0025
My name is Miryoku. I sleep in a padded cell.

Wombat

And the forum seems to be jumping back a few minutes and then back to the right time...like I see that Hippie has posted somewhere..click on the thread and her post is not there...I post and then her post is returned above mine...it's weird..it's happened a few times now..with oceanblue and usa's posts as well...and my pm message count drops by two messages...and then goes back up by two messages :hmm:

Wombat

I have to refresh pages to see if there are any new replies...the pages keep showing up as being last posted in hours ago...and then once refreshed you can see there have been replies since then.

mediastar

Thanks for the info. The hosting company have asked for some additional info when the site goes down to help to figure out the problem. If anyone would like to help collecting this please PM me.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

serene grace

Nighthawk I also have been having server problems at about the same time for about three nights, between 10":30 -11:00pm.  Well it does make me go to sleep earlier. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Wombat

I can now see threads and the latest posts without having to refresh pages.

Lila the Flirt

QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

About 1000 GMT. I waited a few minutes, still the same message. :shrug:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

angeleyed

happens alot to me in the past two days
to be trusted ...  ...a greater compliment
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

Jenee

PM me and I can send u instructions on how to help us diagnose the problem. It has to be done as soon as you notice the forum goes down, otherwise it won't work :thumbsup:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Wombat

Connection Problems

@20:17 my time...10:17 a.m. GMT

Countessa

Same SMF message and problems connecting since Friday, August 3rd just before 1:00 p.m. est.

Countessa

I have no modify button, the forum looks out of whack, white not blue. Hackers? Server issues?

MapleLeaf

Unfortunately we've had some serious server/database problems.  Mstar and the Administrators are currently working hard to restore the database for the forums.  The forums should be back to normal sometime during the day Monday; early Tuesday for those in Australia, New Zealand, and that area of the world. 

Until everything is back to normal, we'll have these issues with the themes and with missing buttons.  All normal functionality will be restored when the regular database is back online.
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Lilliannam

I know how frustrating it can be, having battled with server and database problems for days/weeks on end. Let's hope it gets back to normal tomorrow. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, from what I can see, however, the forum has been telling me that "there's no such user" with the name Lillianna. So we shall see...

Good luck to the admins, and hang in there everyone!

MapleLeaf

:hug: Thanks Lilliana, I can see you really understand the difficulties Mstar has been dealing with.  Until the regular database is restored, Members will have to re-register their Usernames and passwords.  When the restoration is completed, all of the previous information will be restored, and so will the themes or 'skins' of the forum that we usually see.

Edit to correct info: Only members who registered AFTER July 26th, 2007 will have to re-register. We have all member information for before July 26th. Also, if you changed your password after July 26th, you will have to use the older one to log in. It's basically like we've gone back in time...
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Lilliannam

All the posts from the beginning of August seem to disappeared. Everything appears to have stopped after July 31. It would be good if the posts from last week were recovered, since some interesting things were happening then, :). But I think that since we expect things to get back to normal in a day or so, then there should be need for us to re-register (fingers crossed). It will take time, sometimes it may be like pulling teeth, but I am confident it will be sorted.

Lillianna

YES!!! Do my eyes deceive me, or are we now back to normal? Well done admins and mods!
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Nighthawk

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: Way to go admins and mods good to have this back pat yourselves on the back you all deserve it.  :thumbsup:

Lillianna

Wait a minute, :) I appear to have lost about 100 or so of my posts. I was nearly up to 350 before.

Anon.

mediastar

We are just about back to normal. We have had some serious problems and I have set up the forum on a different server - using a backup database from about 26th July. My apologies on the missing posts from the past 10 days or so.

I still don't know whether it will be possible to access an up-to-date database but I thought it was better to do this rather than have no forum at all. I may have more info on this tomorrow.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Nighthawk

this is better than nothing like we've had for the past 2 to 3 days  :thumbsup: everything can be replaced later I'm sure if not hey what's a few days  :shrug:  Not like we can't repost... :devil:

Goldylocks

Thank you so much...to all the Adms. and mods :thumbsup: ..hopefully everything would be back.... :flowers: we will be looking forward...
Harryite #0102 :kisskiss:                   Fedup-ite # 005 :hissyfit:

Lillianna

I know, I know, :) I am also very happy...  Many thanks to all the hard workers, and good luck sorting out the rest of it. And sleep well afterwards. You will certainly need it!

Anon.

Nighthawk

it's nice to have our forum back for sure talk about withdrawl... :laugh: