General Chat for the late QEII and the late DoE

Started by marine2109, June 03, 2013, 08:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

A new book about the BRF and its security has been released. The information in the article mostly relates to events in the past but goes into a bit of detail on how the family members are trained to react to hostage situations.

On Her Majesty's REAL secret service: The royals' most dramatic moments with true-life Bonds | Daily Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

The Queen has cancelled plans to travel to Northern Ireland today on her doctor's advice and is resting. It's not covid related. At the age of 95, it's sensible rather than serious.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1450765216959107074?s=20

Nightowl

I gather that HM just does not know the meaning of the word...retired.  Or take it easy or rest.......bet if she is resting on the sofa or in bed she is still doing something......reading the races ..... :laugh: :yesss:

Curryong

I hope she has a relaxing few days now. Perhaps a couple of short walks in the gardens in the fresh air. At 95 it?s only natural that the Queen?s engagements have to be cancelled sometimes.

TLLK

Happy to read that it's not COVID related and I hope that she has a good rest and will be able to reschedule the trip to Northern Ireland in the coming weeks or months.

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on October 20, 2021, 01:21:38 PM
Happy to read that it's not COVID related and I hope that she has a good rest and will be able to reschedule the trip to Northern Ireland in the coming weeks or months.

No I don?t think so articles says Queen Elizabeth II need rest per medical advice

wannable

Not a surprise, after 1 day of activities, at that age, next day at 95 has to rest.

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on October 20, 2021, 01:33:25 PM
No I don?t think so articles says Queen Elizabeth II need rest per medical advice
Yes she can rest, but hopefully the visit can be rescheduled in the coming weeks or months.

wannable

She already has a busy schedule, COP26, the multiple remembrance activities November, including Diplomatic reception.  Perhaps next year?!

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on October 20, 2021, 02:53:11 PM
Yes she can rest, but hopefully the visit can be rescheduled in the coming weeks or months.

Hopefully so

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on October 20, 2021, 03:56:18 PM
She already has a busy schedule, COP26, the multiple remembrance activities November, including Diplomatic reception.  Perhaps next year?!

We have wait and see till confirmation from Palace HM Queen Elizabeth II and member of royal family will attend due coronavirus (COVID-19) schedule stay tuned and kept posted 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Curryong

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/queen-hospital-preliminary-investigations-1.6220248

Breaking: The Queen spent Wednesday night in hospital (king Edward VII where PP was treated), but was back at home at Windsor Castle for lunch the next day.

The Queen spent night in hospital after cancelling Northern Ireland visit | ITV News

I wonder whether she was experiencing pain in her legs, so they decided to do a check up. The Queen has been standing and walking more than usual since the lockdown ended, and last week was very busy.

PrincessOfPeace

sara8150

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on October 21, 2021, 10:03:32 PM
Hope it's nothing serious.

I don?t think seriously we have wait for results till confirmation from palace

Curryong

Well, if the Queen doesn?t turn up in Glasgow then it may portend something more serious. Until then just must hope for the best..

The trouble is that the natural desire of individual royals to keep ailments of theirs private and  out of the public arena too often melds with the BP mantra of ?Absolutely everything is fine, nothing to see here, move along please? whenever any senior royal has to go into hospital.

This makes for opaqueness, just bland and cheery statements about ?minor procedures? and  royals ?on top of the world?, so no-one gets the true picture until almost the end.

I emphasise I?m NOT saying at all that this is the case with the Queen, but it does give one pause for thought when the PR for Prince Philip was hyped up in those last weeks of his life. First of all he was just a bit under the weather, followed by news he was just going into hospital for a test or two, then we heard he was being taken home to die in his own bed.

The British public don?t need to know every single detail of treatment, but the other way breeds mistrust the next time. Just  a wee bit more candour about how things really are wouldn?t go astray, IMO.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on October 21, 2021, 11:54:35 PM
Well, if the Queen doesn?t turn up in Glasgow then it may portend something more serious. Until then just must hope for the best..

The trouble is that the natural desire of individual royals to keep ailments of theirs private and  out of the public arena too often melds with the BP mantra of ?Absolutely everything is fine, nothing to see here, move along please? whenever any senior royal has to go into hospital.

This makes for opaqueness, just bland and cheery statements about ?minor procedures? and  royals ?on top of the world?, so no-one gets the true picture until almost the end.

I emphasise I?m NOT saying at all that this is the case with the Queen, but it does give one pause for thought when the PR for Prince Philip was hyped up in those last weeks of his life. First of all he was just a bit under the weather, followed by news he was just going into hospital for a test or two, then we heard he was being taken home to die in his own bed.

The British public don?t need to know every single detail of treatment, but the other way breeds mistrust the next time. Just  a wee bit more candour about how things really are wouldn?t go astray, IMO.
The very careful wording, such as "preliminary investigation" or whatever it was, and "remains in good spirtis"  is a scary thing to hear, because it says absolutely nothing and we wonder if something really is wrong.