The Prince and Princess of Wales Cout Circular and Official Engagements Part 3

Started by TLLK, December 10, 2023, 02:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited Headingley Stadium, St Michael's Lane, Leeds, where His Royal Highness, on behalf of The King, invested Mr Robert Burrow and Mr Kevin Sinfield with the Insignia of Commanders of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

- Court Circular || 11 January 2024

sara8150

Kate Middleton likely to miss these major events while recovering from abdominal surgery | HELLO!
Children?s mental health week
The Baftas
Commonwealth day service
St.Patrick?s day parade
Easter Day service at Windsor with members of the family
Till after Easter

But William postponed his duties for sake Kate?s health include upcoming Baftas on February 18,six nations and charity events
February 2 (and onwards) - Six Nations Championship

February 13 - Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday)

February 18 - BAFTA Film Awards

Investitures throughout February

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales, Royal Master of the Bench, the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, was represented by Lieutenant Commander James Benbow RN (Extra Equerry to His Royal Highness) at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of the Lord Judge which was held at Temple Church, Temple, London EC4, this evening.

- Court Circular || 25 January 2024

FanDianaFancy

And we wait?..msy she fully recover ?of course?some minor, routine surgery.
I am thinking an OBGYN issue or Seliac, Crons.

FanDianaFancy

Abdominal . Very vague reference. The stomach area, middle part of the body area.
Ex. A hernia, a hysterectomy, appendectomy?.the list is endless.

The BRF has to, in time since Cath is better, tell the public what was her issue

Kristeh-H

I just don't know.  If the situation were to involve a chronic issue that would affect Catherine's ability to fulfill royal duties on a long-term basis, then I would agree that the public has a right to know and understand.

But if this is a one-time deal where Catherine is expected to make a full recovery and then be well (and I really hope that is the case!), then I don't know that the public has to know all the personal details.       

sara8150

Quote from: Kristeh-H on February 04, 2024, 05:14:27 PM
I just don't know.  If the situation were to involve a chronic issue that would affect Catherine's ability to fulfill royal duties on a long-term basis, then I would agree that the public has a right to know and understand.

But if this is a one-time deal where Catherine is expected to make a full recovery and then be well (and I really hope that is the case!), then I don't know that the public has to know all the personal details.       

Catherine will back after Easter but she still on recovery due she had surgery from abdominal but she wont detail everyone kept private matters but she out duties for three months

Kristeh-H

Yes, that's true.  But everyone knows she's recovering from a serious medical issue.  It's not like she's having a holiday at the beach.  Again, if this is something that will keep her from fulfilling duties on a long-term basis (like permanently, for years) then maybe the public has a right to know more.

But for a one-time issue that she will recover from, then maybe we should respect Catherine's wishes and grant her a little privacy.  If it is a one-time situation and she's back at work after Easter, then maybe people don't have to know more than that it was a serious medical concern.     

sara8150

Quote from: Kristeh-H on February 04, 2024, 05:27:01 PM
Yes, that's true.  But everyone knows she's recovering from a serious medical issue.  It's not like she's having a holiday at the beach.  Again, if this is something that will keep her from fulfilling duties on a long-term basis (like permanently, for years) then maybe the public has a right to know more.

But for a one-time issue that she will recover from, then maybe we should respect Catherine's wishes and grant her a little privacy.  If it is a one-time situation and she's back at work after Easter, then maybe people don't have to know more than that it was a serious medical concern.     

Yes need respect her privacy but Catherine need her mom and William with her 24/7 and also wales kids have school dropped off by the school by trusted nanny and also William and Catherine?s staff

Kristeh-H

When I fractured my hip, I was very grateful that my husband worked from home and could be with me almost all the time.  We also had family who helped with running errands and such.  The first 4-6 weeks were pretty rough, I could barely move and it was very painful.  Catherine may indeed need someone with her 24/7 right now.  I expect she's not physically able to do housework or cook (I have read more than once that she enjoys cooking and sometimes does prepare family meals) so I'm sure staff is covering that.  She may be up to meeting with other staff members to discuss and plan future events.  If so, those members would have doing their jobs and helping her to work (but I hope she's only doing that if she feels up to it).  If her mom is visiting and helping Nanny Maria with the children, I think that's a good thing.  Yes, Catherine is fortunate to have people who are rallying around now, but I don't begrudge her that.  I was very fortunate to have that too, and I'm grateful.

But I think that is kind of a separate issue from wanting to know her medical condition. 

I will say that if she is recovering well, I see no reason why William couldn't start doing a few engagements, at least during the day.             

TLLK

Glad  to see William  return  to duties  this week.  This must be a good sign  that Catherine is recovering well.  However  the latest  news on Charles' health  must  be concerning to the PoW and the rest  of the BRF.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: TLLK on February 05, 2024, 06:45:11 PM
Glad  to see William  return  to duties  this week.  This must be a good sign  that Catherine is recovering well.  However  the latest  news on Charles' health  must  be concerning to the PoW and the rest  of the BRF.

True, HOWEVER, they like their subjects, citizens of The UK, the must move on, continue.
Others face hardships such as these and stoppage of work by spouses, adult kids means no one eats as in, the bills have to get paid.

This is hard fir them, Will, but yet, an example , role model in their role to be for their people.
Yesyes of course, KC n Cath are not available now as they are in recovery and both will be good as new.
Hope?positive posts.

The extreme. William unavailable or taking a lighter load. Taking a lighter load now is in the middle is the answer

Blue Clover

Quote from: Kristeh-H on February 05, 2024, 01:30:39 AM
When I fractured my hip, I was very grateful that my husband worked from home and could be with me almost all the time.  We also had family who helped with running errands and such.  The first 4-6 weeks were pretty rough, I could barely move and it was very painful.  Catherine may indeed need someone with her 24/7 right now.  I expect she's not physically able to do housework or cook (I have read more than once that she enjoys cooking and sometimes does prepare family meals) so I'm sure staff is covering that.  She may be up to meeting with other staff members to discuss and plan future events.  If so, those members would have doing their jobs and helping her to work (but I hope she's only doing that if she feels up to it).  If her mom is visiting and helping Nanny Maria with the children, I think that's a good thing.  Yes, Catherine is fortunate to have people who are rallying around now, but I don't begrudge her that.  I was very fortunate to have that too, and I'm grateful.

But I think that is kind of a separate issue from wanting to know her medical condition. 

I will say that if she is recovering well, I see no reason why William couldn't start doing a few engagements, at least during the day.             

Welcome Kristeh-H! :welcome: Nice and most likely true details about Catherine. She will have all the help she needs until she recovers. If William is called to be regent at any point, then things could get tricky managing both Catherine's and his father's recovery.

Kristeh-H

Thanks so much, Blue Clover!  Yes, William has a lot on his shoulders right now too, with his wife and father both having serious medical issues at the same time.  My heart goes out to him, to all of them.   

Kristeh-H

If this is too off-topic or too speculative, mods, please delete.

I've heard that hyperemesis gravidarum can damage a woman's kidneys, and we know that Catherine suffered from HG during all three pregnancies.  Perhaps she was undergoing some treatment for kidney damage?  That may also be a reason why she is wanting to keep it quiet for now, if she's worried that the children might feel guilty and blame themselves? 

Of course, that could also be completely wrong and Catherine's issue is something else entirely.

Curryong

It?s possible that there is some kidney damage from HG. However, would kidney surgery be regarded as ?abdominal surgery?? And would surgery on say a kidney mean more time in hospital than just fourteen days and recuperation. Don?t people will failing kidneys usually undergo dialysis?

To me abdominal surgery means just that. Something wrong with the innards, the stomach area. Or perhaps something like a hysterectomy. Anyway, it?s useless to speculate I guess until more info is forthcoming, if it ever is.

Of course Kate deserves privacy on such matters. The trouble however with only tiny titbits of information forthcoming on people in the public eye is that it creates a vacuum. And over the past weeks it?s one that foreign (especially Spanish) and US media have been only to eager to fill. Plus, what is quite troubling is that a Spanish reporter who is usually regarded as quite accurate and reliable quoted a source from the Royal Household when reporting some pretty shocking stuff, even if the Palace has denied her story.

Kristeh-H

I don't know if kidney surgery would be considered abdominal or not, tbh.  I probably shouldn't have even posted it, since it is pure speculation.  It just struck me that kidney damage could be a possibility when I heard that about HG, knowing that Catherine suffered from it all three times.   

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The King, held an Investiture at Windsor Castle this morning.

The Prince of Wales, Patron, this evening attended London's Air Ambulance Charity Gala at Raffles London at the Old War Office, Whitehall, London SW1, and was received by Mr Stuart Shilson (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

- Court Circular || 7 February 2024

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales, President, British Academy of Film and Television Arts, this evening attended the British Academy Film Awards at the Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London SE1.

- Court Circular || 18 February 2024

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited the British Red Cross Society, 44 Moorfields, London EC2.

- Court Circular || 20 February 2024

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The King, held an Investiture at Windsor Castle this morning.

- Court Circular || 21 February 2024