Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, January 23, 2018, 05:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Yes I agree that this is a good and varied selection of UK based charities for people to donate to in lieu of a gift.

sara8150

Why the Obamas will not attend Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding
Barack and Michelle Obama not attending Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding

Why Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Not Inviting Barack and Michelle Obama to Their Wedding
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Not Inviting Barack and Michelle Obama to Wedding | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 02:59:28 PM

Barack Obama WON'T be going to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding next month and nor will Donald Trump or Theresa May because none of them is invited
Obama won't be going to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 03:03:49 PM

Royal wedding: Barack Obama and Donald Trump not among guests
Royal wedding: Barack Obama and Donald Trump not among guests - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 03:05:25 PM

Royal wedding guest list: Theresa May and Donald Trump are not invited
Royal wedding guest list: Theresa May and Donald Trump are not invited

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 03:06:35 PM

Theresa May not invited to Royal wedding
Theresa May not invited to Royal wedding

Curryong

Boy, I bet Harry and Meghan are relieved that Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn aren't occupying a pew! Richard Palmer stated that no Royal or politician was going to be invited unless there was a personal relationship with bride/groom. So Prince Seiso of Lesotho will be invited, probably some of the Prussian and Hesse families and perhaps several of the Greeks, as Charles is so close to them.

sara8150

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will NOT invite Trump, Obama or May to royal wedding
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will NOT invite Trump and Obama to royal wedding | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 03:12:10 PM

Harry and Meghan wants donation to charities instead of wedding gift
Harry and Meghan wants donation to charities instead of wedding gift | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion

wannable

A junior wedding as I said from engagement day.

Richard Palmer
‏Verified account
@RoyalReporter

Essentially, it?s been decided that there?s no need for official guests, as Prince Harry is not likely to be a future King. Everyone inside the chapel will know Harry and Meghan personally.

A KP spokesman says: ?It has been decided that an official list of political leaders ? both UK and international - is not required for Prince Harry and Ms. Markle's wedding. Her Majesty's Government was consulted on this decision, which was taken by The Royal Household.?
Rebecca English
‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail
Kensington Palace said: It has been decided that an official list of political leaders ? both UK & international - is not required for Prince Harry and Ms. Markle's wedding. Her Majesty's Government was consulted on this decision, which was taken by The Royal Household.

Sources say Prince Harry is not a direct heir to the throne there is no need to have such a formal guest list.
In additional, St George?s Chapel, where the couple will wed on May 19, is much smaller than Westminster Abbey, where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge tied the knot.

sara8150

No invite for Theresa May or Donald Trump at the royal wedding
No invite for Theresa May or Donald Trump at the royal wedding - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 05:21:10 PM

Trump and Obama won't be at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding
Royal wedding: Trump and Obama not attending - CNN

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 06:34:50 PM

Donald Trump and Barack Obama Not Invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s Wedding
Donald Trump, Barack Obama Not Invited to Royal Wedding

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 06:36:40 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s Wedding: Everything We Know So Far
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Wedding: Everything We Know So Far

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 06:42:19 PM

A Royal Glamping Honeymoon? See Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Reported Getaway
Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Reported Honeymoon Spot | PEOPLE.com

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on April 10, 2018, 07:53:54 PM
I am not a journalist nor a Royal reporter, they have all stated family and friends, people who actually know the couple, no officials.

Their friends may be from all walks of life, but they are friends. IF officials where to be invited, then it would be semi or state or senior, it is not.

William and Kate are the future of the monarchy hence of course officials were invited knowing them or not. Recently they have started meeting counterparts by tours and BP formal diplomatic state dinners and receptions

I have agreed with you!!

The Cambridges is future monarchy one days and also attend banquet,diplomatic state dinner and receptions but Harry is not future monarchy..

When William married to Kate in April 29,2011 the couples did intive everyone include member of British Royal family,Spencer Family and foreign royals and leaders but William didn?t intive his mother?s former work and also Paul Burrell for reasons..

BUT they NOW Harry?s big day on May 19th its their decision to intive family and friends include royal family members on the lists and don?t forget spencer family members I?m hope Harry bans intive his mother?s work and butler Paul Burrell same William in 2011..

William and Harry wanted remind their spirit mother in heavenly if Diana was here and Diana will proud their boys get married and have family..

Harry did discuss with his grandmother the monarchy about intive on the lists must have approved for wedding at Windsor because Meghan is divorce but Harry told his grandma not intive PM,president and past and present leaders to royal wedding.. 

Double post auto-merged: April 10, 2018, 10:11:46 PM

Quote from: Curryong on April 10, 2018, 08:01:37 PM
Yes, after over seven years the Cambridges have finally started doing what should have been done after their wedding. They might recognise a few contemporaries in future. 

I'm set to enjoy Harry and Meghan's wedding, where they will be surrounded by people they know and like and who like, admire and love them. And I am very much looking forward to 19th May.

I?m agreed with you i cant wait till May 19th

sara8150

TLLK

Sorry that Harry and Meghan are going to bear the brunt of that "surge" in security costs, but considering the number of terror attacks that occurred in 2017 throughout the UK, it is better to be safe than sorry.

sandy

They should not be "blasted". I think that it stems from some not liking Meghan and Harry by extension for not marrying someone like Cressida. It's all over the DM. I wonder if they will complain about Eugenie's wedding which won't exactly be cheap related to security.

TLLK

QuoteHonestly, Harry has no control over how much security he gets.
I agree and this decision is out of his hands as it is there to also protect the public. Security has been a presence at all  royal weddings but terrorism in the UK and Europe has unfortunately increased since the Cambridges' 2011 wedding.   :no: If Eugenie's wedding has a carriage procession through Windsor after the ceremony, then I believe we'll see a greater need for security. If it doesn't include one, then the costs will be lower as there will be a smaller perimeter to protect. It's a shame that people do not blame those directly involved with terrorist attacks as the reason why the costs will be higher. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry backlash over royal wedding security cost | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteWHoever called it a private family event must not know what that means.
Reportedly this is how the palace has described the upcoming wedding. I believe that they alone can determine what "private" means when it comes to British royal family weddings.  QEII and the PoW both had state weddings as heirs to the throne. William's wedding was considered to be semi-state. It would appear that the palace considers anything other than a state or semi-state wedding to be "private" since heads of state, Commonwealth heads of government and members of the government are not to be invited to the wedding.

QuoteA lot do reside in the UK. Then there are the Tumblr folk.
IMHO social media would not be a reliable or reputable gauge of public opinion when compared to a well-respected polling firm by IPSO-Mori.

TLLK

Not every American is going to like her.  :shrug:  They don't have to like her and are free to express their opinion. Any royal knows that they're never going to be completely free of criticism nor will they be "liked" by everyone in their nation.  :shrug:

Meghan just needs to keep doing what she's been doing since the engagement was announced and she should be just fine. :thumbsup:

Who knows where the Tumblr people are from? People can create multiple social media accounts and claim to be from anywhere.

In wake of Facebook scandal, Tumblr cracks down on Russia interference

Curryong

Jerseydeanne was the first Tumblr witch, she was connected to newyorkcityrealroyal who pretended she was a PR person working for a US firm connected to Prince Charles. She (NYC) faded out after Invictus and doesn't publicly have a live site any more. Those two are Americans.

Felix, the main disseminator of ludicrously incorrect info and out and out lies, is an Australian, Skippy, the other main spreader of hate, is a New Zealander.

Both those got their blogs closed down last week by the Tumblr authorities for insulting people online and Felix for calling another blog operator who challenged him/her, racist names. Skippy, Jersey and he/she all have Twitter and back each other to the hilt, to the extent of exchanging each other's anon posts.

Skippy got her blog back running a couple of days ago but has only about 70 followers. As far as I know Felix is still banned.

They have a little helper called Winkie, who jumps around the three blogs and claims to be a palace insider giving info. (If she is I am a giraffe, Lol!) She presumably is British but God knows. Tumblr is always another world, but these people make me ill.

TLLK

Glad to see that those who cross a line are being banned from the social media sites.

Curryong

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on April 10, 2018, 06:48:48 PM
There will be no officials at the wedding, friends and family, hence a junior wedding. If there was to be political and royal houses worldwide guest, as what monarchies worldwide Do, then it's a senior wedding. He is quite soon the 6th, there is no need. He is still getting what daddy wants to give, a very expensive wedding for family and friends.

One can't paint it otherwise to please their fans.
IMO we're seeing wedding plans that are similar  to Prince Edward's and Sophie Rhys-Jones 1999 wedding in size and scale. It is not considered to be a state or semi-state event, but  like Anne's, Andrew's and Edward's it will be one that reflects their status as a prince/princess of the United Kingdom. IMO it is similar to what we've seen in  other European royal families when one of the monarch's younger children or siblings marries ie: Sweden's Carl Phillip/Sofia or Madeline/Christopher. Their beautiful ceremonies are heavily covered by the local and national media. They're usually televised and while politicians are not typically not invited, there may be some other royals invited as they're relatives or close friends of the family. However they're smaller in scale than their parents' or elder sibling's weddings.

However I've never had the feeling that their weddings were any less special or lovely because they were not the monarchs or the direct heirs to the throne. If anything, there seemed to be a more relaxed atmosphere as if this was truly a family wedding just on a slightly larger scale than most couple's.

wannable

sandy

But Harry is further up in line of succession than Edward. I think it is a cut above Edward's and not on the same scale.

Curryong

Did Sophie and Edward's wedding have participation of over 500 service personnel, including mounted troops accompanying the carriages? Don't think so!

My iPad is playing up at the moment so can't give links,  but CBS and NBC have announced their coverage of the Royal wedding in the last 24 hours. It's expected that ABC will do so shortly.

From the way the TV channels here have been carrying on about this wedding, (there's another big special on this weekend on Sunday night) the Aus tv stations shouldn't be far behind.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on April 11, 2018, 02:01:17 PM
Yes I agree it's at the scale of PE wedding.
Yes which is completely appropriate for someone who is not in the direct line of succession. It's a bonus to the planners that there has been a royal wedding of a similar size held at St. George's Chapel somewhat recently.  The BRF and the government would know that a state wedding on the scale of Princess Elizabeth's or the Prince of Wales' weddings should only happen once in a generation. I believe that it was appropriate that William's wedding was not quite as grand as his father's as he's the heir-to-the-heir.  That being said I doubt that there will ever be another wedding as large or grand as Charles and Diana's wedding at St. Paul's cathedral.

Harry and Meghan will be married in a historic and beautiful setting. The Armed Forces will play a part in the wedding.  There will be a carriage ride after the ceremony. The couple will have two receptions at Windsor Castle and the public will have the opportunity to witness the arrivals and departures. The only difference that I see between Anne/Mark's and Andrew/Sarah's weddings is the location and a carriage procession to the church.

To be honest I'm a little surprised that there is a sense that somehow  their wedding is lacking grandeur or gravitas because it is modeled after Edward and Sophie's 1999 ceremony at SGC.

@Curryong-Just saw your post. No there wasn't the military presence and I believe it was due to the fact that Edward did not have a military career like the other male members of the family. The participation of the Armed Forces is IMO another bonus for the couple's wedding however I do believe the Wessex wedding is the "blue print" that the planners are following for the May 19, 2018 event. The planners know the number of guests that can be accommodated in SGC.  There is a carriage route that has been tested previously. Security teams can gauge where  to post police officers and get a sense of the anticipated crowd size. The TV directors know where to place cameras and what lighting will be required. Windsor Castle staff know how much flatware, glassware, plates etc..to prepare. Florists can get a sense of where to decorate etc...

wannable

With the palace request involvement of the military, that is an exception, but the model of the wedding, which I agree is that to PE wedding.  Times have changed, I see a lot of negative surrounding the wedding expenses, especially the security. 

We shall see how it all goes May 19, I will be watching it TV live. 

Question, if various people from the rent a crowd decline invitation to go, is there a possibility that KP can reissue the invite to someone else from one of the charity, civil service, organization where the person was invited to watch them from within the palace walls? 

TLLK

@wannable-Good question regarding a declined invitation. I wonder if the security teams would have time to run the necessary background checks?

wannable

I ask because I've seen various verified twitter civil servants who won ballot because of their impeccable whatever (as that was the way it was conducted) who will not take the expense of hotel, food, transportation and refreshment to stand up within the walls to watch the couple. Hence can KP reissue a declined to someone who will really want to be there.

sandy

Quote from: TLLK on April 11, 2018, 02:41:15 PM
Yes which is completely appropriate for someone who is not in the direct line of succession. It's a bonus to the planners that there has been a royal wedding of a similar size held at St. George's Chapel somewhat recently.  The BRF and the government would know that a state wedding on the scale of Princess Elizabeth's or the Prince of Wales' weddings should only happen once in a generation. I believe that it was appropriate that William's wedding was not quite as grand as his father's as he's the heir-to-the-heir.  That being said I doubt that there will ever be another wedding as large or grand as Charles and Diana's wedding at St. Paul's cathedral.

Harry and Meghan will be married in a historic and beautiful setting. The Armed Forces will play a part in the wedding.  There will be a carriage ride after the ceremony. The couple will have two receptions at Windsor Castle and the public will have the opportunity to witness the arrivals and departures. The only difference that I see between Anne/Mark's and Andrew/Sarah's weddings is the location and a carriage procession to the church.

To be honest I'm a little surprised that there is a sense that somehow  their wedding is lacking grandeur or gravitas because it is modeled after Edward and Sophie's 1999 ceremony at SGC.

@Curryong-Just saw your post. No there wasn't the military presence and I believe it was due to the fact that Edward did not have a military career like the other male members of the family. The participation of the Armed Forces is IMO another bonus for the couple's wedding however I do believe the Wessex wedding is the "blue print" that the planners are following for the May 19, 2018 event. The planners know the number of guests that can be accommodated in SGC.  There is a carriage route that has been tested previously. Security teams can gauge where  to post police officers and get a sense of the anticipated crowd size. The TV directors know where to place cameras and what lighting will be required. Windsor Castle staff know how much flatware, glassware, plates etc..to prepare. Florists can get a sense of where to decorate etc...

To put this in perspective: The heir to the throne had his second wedding there (albeit civil ceremony and a blessing). Edward is not in the same category as the Prince of Wales.

TLLK

^^^I never said that the PoW was in the same category as Prince Edward so I don't understand why you'd compare Charles' second wedding to Edward's. Charles' second wedding was never planned or anticipated to be on the same scale as Edward and Sophie's. It's not even similar to Anne's second wedding at Crathie Church.  The only thing that Charles and Edward's SGC weddings have in common is the venue.  They're both the sons of the monarch, but I doubt that Edward, Anne, and Andrew ever thought that they'd have state weddings like their mother and elder brother.