Princess Mary of Denmark shows off slim figure in bikini on the beach

Started by marine2109, March 11, 2014, 12:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marine2109

QuoteMother-of-four Princess Mary shows off her slim figure in a black bandeau bikini as she, husband Prince Frederik and their children play volleyball on the beach

Princess Mary of Denmark shows off slim figure in bikini on the beach | Mail Online

Blue Clover

SophieChloe

Yes, she does.   I'm not sure why this lady receives such criticism (elsewhere).  Seems like a worker to me.  Good for her and the Country she represents.  Now if only......(fill in the blank)
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

I have seen the criticism of her but it doesn't seem founded on anything logical. I could be misinformed, but I looked around last year and it all seemed to be based on sheer dislike of her and not anything she has done...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Quote from: sophiechloe on March 11, 2014, 08:43:44 PM
Yes, she does.   I'm not sure why this lady receives such criticism (elsewhere).  Seems like a worker to me.  Good for her and the Country she represents.  Now if only......(fill in the blank)
Most of the criticism I've read at other sites about CP Mary comes from Australians and Danes. It's mostly similar to what is said about many royal ladies: number of royal engagements, perceived laziness,  appearance, perceived behavior from photos/videos/interviews, lifestyle, tax payer expenses, child rearing, and life before marriage. Like Maxima and Mathilde there is some criticism over new language acquisition and accent. If you've read it about CP Mary then you've likely read it about (choose your royal.) ;)

To get an idea of CP Mary's "days worked in 2013" there is that article from a Scandinavian paper comparing royals' work schedules. To compare Mary to her peers: Camilla worked 124 days, Mary-90, Daniel-89, Mette-Marit-47. (Other CP spouses from NL, Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain and Japan were not listed.) :)

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: sophiechloe on March 11, 2014, 08:43:44 PM

I agree. I don't understand the Mary hate either. I've seen some that's quite nasty, people invent negative nicknames for Mary and insult her for no valid reason that I can think of. Personally, I like Mary's work ethic, and think she's always elegant and sophisticated. :thumbsup:

Diandra

I agree.

The funniest was when some haters wrote page after page about CP Victoria hating CP Mary. As we all know now, CP Victoria named her firstborn daughter after Mary.

CP Mary has also for several years been the most popular royal person in Denmark - even more popular than QMII.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Diandra on March 22, 2014, 02:52:02 PM
I agree.

The funniest was when some haters wrote page after page about CP Victoria hating CP Mary. As we all know now, CP Victoria named her firstborn daughter after Mary.

CP Mary has also for several years been the most popular royal person in Denmark - even more popular than QMII.

That's laughable. Most of us know that the Scandinavian Royals are very close, and (as you said) Mary is Estelle's godmother. :hehe: :teehee:

Blue Clover

Not everyone likes each royal in the same way, seems reasonable to me. Mary is not one of my favorite princesses.

TLLK

^^^I'm neutral about CP Mary and Joachim. I don't like Frederik, Henrik or Margrethe. My favorite Danish royals are Alexandra and Marie.

I agree with you Blue Clover that not everyone is going to feel the same way about royals.

HereditaryPrincess

I respect the fact that not everybody likes the same royal, but Mary's haters seem to not like her for no apparent reason, which is  a bit 'off' IMO. Usually we dislike someone because they have done something that has offended us, or in the case of famous people/royals, have said or done something that we find offensive or wrong.