Constitutional Monarchies and their Parliaments

Started by LouisFerdinand, October 09, 2019, 11:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Inauguration of new parliamentary building and the first session of the new Swedish Riksdag: January 11,1971   
CAN909 SWEDISH PARLIAMENT MEETS - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

King Edward I held a Parliament at Bury St. Edmunds Abbey Suffolk in 1296.   
King Edward I holding a parliament at Bury St Edmunds Abbey Suffolk Stock Photo: 131072942 - Alamy     

:xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4:

LouisFerdinand

On November 6, 1450 King Henry VI opened Parliament at Westminster. Richard, Duke of York had used his influence to get men of his own affinity elected. As a result they were the dominant party. Parliament tried to stay neutral and would not discuss the merits of the King's councillors. It was readier to talk about the provision of a fixed income for the royal household.

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

King George V and Queen Mary of Great Britain opened Parliament in 1923.   
King George V and Queen Mary open Parliament (1923) - YouTube     

:xmas6: :xmas6: :xmas6:

LouisFerdinand

George I was Elector of Hanover before he succeeded Queen Anne as King of Great Britain. By the terms of the Act of Settlement, George could not leave Great Britain without the permission of Parliament.

LouisFerdinand

Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen, Denmark is the seat of the Danish Parliament.

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

In 1848 King Frederick William IV of Prussia imposed the Constitution of Prussia. The constitution provided a bicameral parliament.   

:xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4:

LouisFerdinand

The legislative branch of the Kingdom of Italy was a bicameral Parliament comprising an appointive Senate and an elective Chamber of Deputies.

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand