The Wales': Joint Mental Health Patronages ie- Heads Together

Started by TLLK, March 06, 2016, 01:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothwen

I'm curious about what "digital initiatives " actually means.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Curryong

I always thought that the phrase meant streamlining various facets of your business so that it's all customer-friendly and seamless. Quite how that would translate into charitable endeavours I don't know? Having all similar services under one umbrella organisation perhaps, in order to get the maximum bang for the charities' buck and more publicity?

wannable

Our service has been launched by Mental Health Innovations, a digital mental health charity that was established as a legacy from the Heads Together campaign. Shout is grateful for the work and generous support of The Royal Foundation; whose founding grant launched the charity

Shout ? for support in a crisis

William and Kate have launched service to help those with mental health issues
Prince William said 'Shout' will be free, anonymous and available 24-hours a day
The Royal couple have launched campaign to find 3,000 volunteers to man it

Announcing the initiative at Kensington Palace yesterday, Prince William revealed that the national service ? also backed by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex ? would be free, anonymous and available all day every day. Pictured Harry and Meghan meet Shout volunteers
He added: 'That's 60,000 moments when people who were feeling scared, alone and frightened were able to use their phone to connect with someone who could support them.'
'Harry, Meghan, Catherine and I have been able to see the service working up close and are very excited for its future.
'At the heart of Shout will be an incredible national volunteer community, one which needs to grow to allow us to support more people in crisis.'
William said the 'difficult' nature of the conversations may not be for everyone, but hoped the number of volunteers would keep growing.
Smiling, he invited his wife Kate, dressed in a striped jumper and ankle-grazing wide-legged trousers, to take the floor. She talked about her work with vulnerable children and the importance of intervening before they develop mental problems. She added: 'Sadly for so many they have already reached a crisis situation. That's why we believe that Shout is so important.'
William and Kate search for 3,000 volunteers to help support people with mental health problems   | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

@wannable-Thank you for sharing the information. The video is definitely worth viewing for those in the UK interested in volunteering for the SHOUT helpline. Requirements are: if you are over 18, have a secure Internet connection, are willing to undergo the 25 hours of training and are available for 2-4 hours a week for one year.

The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are  launching their most ambitious project aimed at reaching vulnerable people who are in crisis via text messaging. Good luck to those who are training the volunteers and kudos to those who see the need and answer the call.

Prince William launches national 24/7 mental health text service amid call for 3,000 volunteers

QuoteHe told how ?Harry, Meghan, Katherine and I? had been closely involved with developing Shout over the past 12 months.

The project is the first joint initiative since the Duchess of Sussex joined the Royal family last year, and yesterday?s announcement the first since the couples formally separated their households amid rumours of contrasting working styles.

wannable

Verified account
@GiveUsAShout

We're excited that today The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have launched Shout, a 24/7 crisis text service, as a legacy of @heads_together. The Duke of Cambridge recorded this national appeal for #volunteers to help us support more people.

TLLK

Twitter

Quote?At the heart of @GiveUsAShout will be an incredible national volunteer community, one which needs to grow to allow us to support more people in crisis." ? The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

sandy

They should lead by example and take some time volunteering themselves to do this.

Blue Clover

The is a great cause! I think Prince William and Kate have done a phenomenal job given their role as royals. Well done!

wannable

Most of Kate's children charities have to do with Mental Health for Kids and are associated to this new initiative (check the tweets/re-tweets of Shout). She has been saying for years to date that MH starts or should start with parents/teachers when noting anything out of character since the first years of childhood.

I think the behind the scenes, secret visits, will be known in coming years rather than days, weeks or months, she doesn't flaunt it or mention it, but is said by people related to whatever cause years later as anecdotes.  It happened with Head Together, her husband said in the fab 4 it was her idea, quite 2 years after the launch.  Other examples: When single/private life, several PP client service employee operators said she'd be 2-4 hours attending calls on certain days or a day off/shortage of operators, this type of anecdotes were made public years after. Today's Scouting Anglesey, apparently she regulary called when going to volunteer, no photos, no mentions.

But yes @sandy , I agree a 1 year commitment of several hours daily from Mon-friday (those are the conditions in the Shout website) would set a great example.  I'm just not sure if it would be a good PR stating it now, it would rub off as? FillInTheBlank.

sara8150

wannable

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

The Duke of Cambridge joined @England Manager Gareth Southgate and a team of footballing royalty for an important discussion on men?s mental health.

Watch #ARoyalTeamTalk on @BBCOne at 22.30 on Sunday 19 May.

Stars from music, stage and screen will unite with His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge to voice a minute-long message to be broadcast simultaneously across hundreds of UK radio stations at 10.59am Monday 13th May.
The #MentalHealthMinute made history last year, broadcasting to one of radio?s biggest ever collective audiences with stations from across the BBC and commercial radio uniting to carry the same message.
His Royal Highness will be joined by musician Katy Perry, comedian, actor and writer Stephen Fry, actress, presenter and activist Jameela Jamil and singer and television personality Alesha Dixon.
The five celebs will come together to talk about the value of listening and the positive role it can play on our mental health. It will emphasise the importance of talking about mental health, how listening cannot be underestimated and how each and every one of us has the power to make a difference.
Mental Health Minute 2019: Are You Really Listening?

Princess Cassandra

I think they know that the more publicity the subject gets the less of a stigma and the less of a taboo topic one's own mental health is. They are really giving it exposure in so many ways. Last year it was reported that the DOC had gone to meet with the Queen about this major mental health initiative. The article noted that she was really going out on a limb. I think they're all out on that limb and have all done their homework, and with such a screwed up world with shootings and anger everywhere, this just might the basic first step to relieve it.

TLLK

Quote"Funny moment yesterday as William watched the new promotional video he stars in for #Shout As he appeared on screen saying a slightly cheesy ?hello?, he gave an embarrassed groan and put his hand over his face. Kate (I was sitting directly behind them, so could see) cracked up."

Via Rebecca English Twitter
:D

Double post auto-merged: May 10, 2019, 10:14:31 PM

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: May 10, 2019, 10:16:18 PM

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge, @GarethSouthgate and this team of football royalty kick off an important discussion on men?s mental health. #ARoyalTeamTalk #MakeExtraTime with @KensingtonRoyal @mrdanwalker @ThierryHenry @petercrouch @jjenas8

While Catherine focuses mostly with parents and children, Harry with veterans (male/female), William has made Men's mental health is priority.
(Apologies but I don't recall what Meghan's focus was with mental health and perhaps someone could remind me?) :blush:

wannable

Something to Shout About: Crisis Text Line is in the UK | Crisis Text Line

We?re so proud that The Royal Foundation determined to bring Crisis Text Line to the UK and supported the launch resources and time. William, Catherine, Harry, and Meghan have each visited our offices in the UK a few times, meeting with staff and volunteers to see firsthand how the service and platform function.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on May 10, 2019, 09:40:13 PM
:D

Double post auto-merged: May 10, 2019, 10:14:31 PM

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: May 10, 2019, 10:16:18 PM

While Catherine focuses mostly with parents and children, Harry with veterans (male/female), William has made Men's mental health is priority.
(Apologies but I don't recall what Meghan's focus was with mental health and perhaps someone could remind me?) :blush:

Meghan has concentrated on women's issues. Another issue one of them could address and is much needed is mental health of the elderly.

sandy

Meghan is a newbie to this cause since she's in the family for a year now and will find her niche which would be women's issues.

TLLK

Prince William talks men?s mental health with some of football?s biggest names ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge is teaming up with legendary football players for a discussion on men?s mental health and the need to normalise the conversation.

The programme, titled ?A Royal Team Talk: Tackling Mental Health,? will air on BBC One on 19 May, with William chatting to footballers Peter Crouch, Danny Rose, Thierry Henry, Jermaine Jenas, and Gareth Southgate.

?Men are the hardest to reach audience on the subject of mental health,? says the Duke of Cambridge, who is President of the Football Association. ?Suicide is the biggest killer of young men under the age of 45, and that?s an appalling statistic.

Double post auto-merged: May 12, 2019, 01:16:26 PM

Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton, Harry and William Announce Project

QuoteOn Friday, Prince William, Prince Harry, Kate Middleton and new mom Meghan Markle officially announced the launch of their new joint venture, Shout. A 24 hour text service for young people in the UK, the helpline aims to connect those struggling with their mental health with trained volunteers, who can help them at their moment of crisis.

The inspiring service backed by the royals will see volunteers (supported by clinical professionals) on hand to reply to texts from people suffering from mental health issues such as suicidal thoughts, abuse, bullying or relationship problems.

TLLK

The Duke of Cambridge takes part in #MentalHealthMinute ? Royal Central

Photo credit: By USAID/Vietnam, Public Domain, Wiki Commons

The Duke of Cambridge has urged us all to stop and really listen as he took part in #MentalHealthMinute which was broadcast on over 300 radio stations just before 11am today.

William was one of five well known voices underlining the importance of talking and listening when it comes to mental health. Alongside Stephen Fry, Alesha Dixon, Katy Perry and Jameela Jamil, he put a spotlight on the difference taking just a minute to stop and hear someone can make.

Blue Clover