Books written about and by the Sussexes Part 3.

Started by TLLK, January 08, 2023, 02:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amabel2

Quote from: Kristeh-H on February 06, 2023, 12:45:21 PM
I don't think so.  She didn't seem particularly thrilled when she said that Harry could have warned her he was writing about the event, and that she had kept quiet about it all this time.  I would say that the fact that she did keep quiet would indicate that she would have preferred it to remain private.  After all, if she wanted attention and money, she could have come forward with this story a long time ago. 

No, I think it's just another example of Harry being thoughtless and not respecting someone else's privacy.     
you mean like his telling everyone that Courtenay Cox had magic mushrooms in her fridge, which he tucked into

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Amabel2 on February 06, 2023, 01:22:06 PM
you mean like his telling everyone that Courtenay Cox had magic mushrooms in her fridge, which he tucked into

Yep, exactly.  And among other incidences. 

Kristeh-H

Quote from: changemhysoul on February 06, 2023, 01:17:07 PM
After 4 weeks, #Spare is still No.1 in the UK charts & Amazon UK:
#1 in Books, Biographies, Audiobook, kindle...

I believe it's the same for the NY Best Sellers list, I have to double check for this week but as of last week, that's the truth.

Harry didn't invade her privacy, she invaded it herself and to that I say, more power to her. An older woman who loves horses is the most generic description anyone could give. In the photos released of Harry and three other women, she wasn't the woman who Harry was hanging over but she was standing to the side, eyeing the two up. She also claimed that she didn't know she took his virginity, which means, she doesn't know that she did so for sure. She's just a woman who slept with him and took the chance to make money, which, I say again, if it's worth it, go for it sis! Secure the bag. She's given more details, which Harry didn't give. His first time, is his experience to share, he was vague about it and she could've told the people who supposedly questioned her that she didn't know, or just denied it. I'm sure there were a few women in the circle who could've been getting those questions, namely, the woman he was actually pictured kissing and hugging.

Also, a month on, that story had died down and there wasn't anyone who was checking for her beyond a point (in fact, the media had listed about four other women they said he had his first time with)

So, she outed herself to the world for money. She wanted take credit for taking his virginity, she has some money and a bit of status/fame now. And I say again, secure the bag and your money girlfriend, I'm not mad at it. Let's just not pretend that Harry invaded her privacy.

She wanted the world to know it was her and now we do.

I have to disagree.  I don't believe in double standards for men and women so I'm not judging her or Harry for the encounter, but she did not out herself until Harry described the incident with enough detail that she said people in their circle knew it was her.  The press was nosing around trying to figure out who the 'older woman' was.  Elizabeth Hurley already issued a denial.  Rupert Everett claimed to know the woman's identity.  It would have kept on until her name came out.  I think she decided to come forward just to get it over with and possibly have some element of control over the situation. 

But the fact that she has not talked to the press before now is a strong indication that she did not want the world to know it was her.  And now we do because Harry chose to describe a very intimate and personal encounter--one that involved another person--in his book.  So let's just not pretend that Harry behaved admirably here.         

Amabel2

well I can quite understand why she might have kept quiet for a long time and then agreed it was her, when you see how people are judging her for sleeping with Harry and are now accusing her of enjoying her 15 mins of fame. Rupert Everett is to blame as well, with his gossippy old woman hinting, but Harry was the one who told the story with enough detail for their old pals to know who it was.  If he was going to do that, he should have advised her before he wrote the book.
If she had just wanted a bit of tabloid money, she could have told the story years ago and got a bit of payment for it....Harry had no reason for talking about it.  If he watned to mention the loss of his virginity, he could have just mentioned it briefly and left it at that, and if he wanted to hint who the woman was, he should have told her first.
Its the same as his letting out abt C Cox and her having drugs in her fridge.  HOneslty who does that?  I went to a party at someoen's house, and dipped into her fridge and got off my face on drugs Oh yes she's  a well known Actress with a kid....

HistoryGirl2

I find all of it crass. This is what happens when you open up about personal things so publicly. It?s common-place everywhere, and personally, I find it to be very off-putting.

Amabel2

I dont think people would blame him so much if he were not so insistent on his own privacy and Megs.  would he like it if someone came to their house and wrote that they'd found a stash of drugs in their kitchen?  or if someone popped up and said he had been M's first lover?

HistoryGirl2

No, I don?t suppose he would. And I agree, anything that comes out of you deciding to open up about personal things is no longer within your control.

I would never name names unless I got specific consent from the person that it was okay to print it. Do we know if this was done by Harry for his book at all?

wannable

A very small set of people knew it was her, then it escaped to the 'wider' circle and beyond and before a pub goer tells her father, she told him, the Daily Mail knew about it, offered her GBP 75K as it was already going to be DM or any other tabloid. She accepted it.

(She is getting more offers to tell her story, around teenager to 25)

Neil Sean

For what it's worth according to NS, Kristeh-H is correct, IF Harry hadn't mentioned it in his book, Sasha would not have said nothing about it, nor the handful of people that 'initially' had known, but with Harry's TMI, the 'wider' circle did a great educated guess, next thing the whole town knew, and her dad would find out shortly...

HistoryGirl2

^I meant more in regards to the famous people he mentioned by name.

changemhysoul

After four weeks, in France Spare went down to No.2 selling 21K copies this week. Still, no.1 in non-fiction.

?Le Suppl?ant?: les m?moires du prince Harry d?j? vendues ? 150.000 exemplaires

I'll still say the same, she can't claim she was outed by him or her privacy was invaded. If she wanted to get ahead of it leaking, that was fine but it didn't seem as if anyone cared beyond her small circle cared. If she was worried about it getting to her dad, she could've told her dad and denied. It says more about friends or mutual friends that she thought they'd sell the story to the paper and say it was her.

Her name wasn't mentioned, she can't say for sure that she was one he was talking about, and the four line description could've been any woman in that circle (like that actual woman he was pictured kissing).

Just as people say, by Harry talking, he invited himself to be talked about, it same for her. Her little circle isn't the same as doing paid interviews and photoshoots. So, I don't feel sorry for her as if her peroneal privacy was invaded while she went posed for the daily mail and the sun. In fact, I wouldn't want to claim it when it was described as a shameful act and wasn't given more than four lines on the page. I also wouldn't cop to sleeping with a 16 year old (turning 17 soon) as a 19 year old girl. I would've took the cover he gave and ran with it.

But, with the cost of living crisis...and she personally, has 0 issue's putting her name on the front pages (which it hadn't been in the four weeks plus) then I hope she made both those papers pay a pretty penny and she got every single cent out of it. Don't let yourself be low-balled.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: changemhysoul on February 06, 2023, 08:01:19 PM
After four weeks, in France Spare went down to No.2 selling 21K copies this week. Still, no.1 in non-fiction.

?Le Suppl?ant?: les m?moires du prince Harry d?j? vendues ? 150.000 exemplaires

I'll still say the same, she can't claim she was outed by him or her privacy was invaded. If she wanted to get ahead of it leaking, that was fine but it didn't seem as if anyone cared beyond her small circle cared. If she was worried about it getting to her dad, she could've told her dad and denied. It says more about friends or mutual friends that she thought they'd sell the story to the paper and say it was her.

Her name wasn't mentioned, she can't say for sure that she was one he was talking about, and the four line description could've been any woman in that circle (like that actual woman he was pictured kissing).

Just as people say, by Harry talking, he invited himself to be talked about, it same for her. Her little circle isn't the same as doing paid interviews and photoshoots. So, I don't feel sorry for her as if her peroneal privacy was invaded while she went posed for the daily mail and the sun. In fact, I wouldn't want to claim it when it was described as a shameful act and wasn't given more than four lines on the page. I also wouldn't cop to sleeping with a 16 year old (turning 17 soon) as a 19 year old girl. I would've took the cover he gave and ran with it.

But, with the cost of living crisis...and she personally, has 0 issue's putting her name on the front pages (which it hadn't been in the four weeks plus) then I hope she made both those papers pay a pretty penny and she got every single cent out of it. Don't let yourself be low-balled.

I still have to disagree.  I think Harry did invade her privacy, absolutely.  It was only a matter of time until her name was widely known, thanks to Harry discussing the matter in his book.  I don't blame her for deciding to come forward instead of just waiting for the sword to fall.  But if she had wanted to tell the story for attention or for money, she's had 21 years to do it.  And she did not.  She has much more integrity than Harry does.     

HistoryGirl2

It?s a part of Harry?s transformation that I find fascinating. If even 10 years ago this woman had decided to sell her story, I feel like he would have been appalled and now he engages in that Kardashian, reality-TV show selling of his personal life. It?s such an interesting and drastic change in lifestyle.

Amabel2

I dont know if Harry has changed.  I think it is just that he has revealed his real self and its not very likable. I think that his bitterness against WIlliam shows that for a long time, he has been nursing an anger against William as the older brother, he has dragged up grudges that he held going back to childhood, that most of us would have forgotten or laughed off, He said 2 years ago or os that he didn't like doing royal duties and did not really want to have to do things like helping the Ghurkas and Im sure that most people thoguht that that tour showed him at his best and showed him as a decent young man who was good at befriending people and working with them..and then he came out that he didnt want to do that sort of job at all.  Im sure that sounded very odd to those who admired his apparent warmth and willingness to muck in and help people.

HistoryGirl2

Well, I meant specifically in terms of privacy. As in, he went from someone that guarded his privacy fiercely to someone that?s willing to tell us what cream he puts on his private parts. Or maybe that was the palace?s inclination and not his own.

Amabel2

well its one thing to reveal things yourself and another to have the press hacking your phone or the like.  but Im sure he knew that he was going to have to reveal a lot of stuff, to make for a best seller book.  that was always on the table that he would tell private things about his family and himself.

HistoryGirl2

I guess he didn?t need money back then, so that makes sense. I forgot about that part.

Amabel2

Its not just that, but when he was a working royal he had restrictions on what he cuold do, and he had staff making sure that he did not say too much or covering up if he was indiscreet.  but that's probably partly why he wanted out.  He didnt see why he had to be careful what he did, and once he was free of the restrictions, he increasingly revealed himself and showed how awful, frankly, he could be. ANd it was obvious that if he left the RF and needed to make an income, the only way he could do so, unless he sold stuff, was to reveal things about himself nad his family, he wasn't going to get million pound deals for writing a book about how he and granny looked at photo albums.

wannable

First one to hit back is Sasha, yes with the help of the Daily Mail, they reached out to her because that media outlet already knew it was her. They told her the 2 options; we will pay you and print it or some other media tabloid will print it anyway and no pay.

What are the chances this is the last spewing of Harry (and Meghan)? If they keep up with this path, deliberately provoking and antagonizing, I am 100% sure 'others' will end up like Sasha, hitting back.

Amabel2

I dont quite see how Sasha is hitting back. SHe's confrimed that she was Harry's first girl, she has gotten paid for it, but that is hardly hitting back.

wannable

Probably not the appropriate wording, hitting back or maybe appropriate by crisis management to 'other women' who are in the older woman cougar bracket defamed by speculation from the media and social media users too, which Sasha effectively stopped the speculation of these famous 10 to 20 years older ladies.  I've read some psychology ''effect' of what Harry wrote versus the real age issue of Sasha, 2 year 2 week age gap isn't consonant to what the majority or everyone thought of with his story, young stalllion with an 'older woman'.  The word cougar/invented 2000's (2001 to be more precise) age gap 10 to 20 years, Demi and Ashton. 

She will go on stating her friendship with H when he was 13 onward to the quicky day tomorrow (Thursday).

Did Meghan know the full depth of who she was? Yes, she is the ''past'' but the mocking of the age comparison in the worldwide media is hitting back.  She seems too senstive about criticism, so who knows. 

Amabel2

sorry, really can't undersand this.  my mistake, please dont worry

wannable

^ You don't have to be. I probably haven't explained myself in a simple and better manner. I will try my best...

Harry is a cad.  He may have not mentioned who the woman is in his book, but he certainly knew that by not mentioning her, media and social media would be suggesting a bunch of women  who could or may have been his virgin breaker.  Sasha is the heroine for all of these women who were dragged by media and social media.

Everyone has their own point of view, IMO Harry's detailed description of his sex encounter equates to a cad.

When I refer to what I've read from psychologists (from medical forums), when sex encounters with no name is done publicly, it is human nature for people to react 'wondering' who Harry is femi-shaming. The second part of psychology is the age of Sasha 40, Meghan 41. Harry by his account and way of thinking is married to a cougar.

The 3rd Sasha is a 19 year old teenager, depressed at the pub, she sees her very recent ex boyfriend with another women at the same pub. Harry the cad takes advantage, plied Sasha with alcohol, has sex with her, doesn't speak to her ever again.

4th A probability of Harry in Montecito: Harry doesn't expect that after 21 years, Sasha would come up as a full grown woman to get hold and own the cad's story.

changemhysoul

Harry's description of his first time wasn't detailed, Sasha is the who came out and gave details.

He said, she liked horses, was older, treated him nice and sent him off. That's not a detailed anything.

There weren't that many woman dragged on social media because of the book. Long before his book, the media had already thrown out names and speculated about his first time. Honestly, no really cared about this first time story. That died had died down, no one really cared to look and after four weeks, it's not what was being talked about the most.

No one cared about her or the story beyond it being shocking but once most people got there hands on the book and could read for themselves, it was non-issue.

I also don't think we should say the 16 year old boy, was the one who piled as if he was some predator. They both had five shots according her to, she drank willingly, he kissed her and she saw no reason to kiss him. She was of sound enough mind to that it was an exciting and dangerous and that's why she liked it.

Honestly, saying that he got her drunk to have sex with her is moving on trying to call him a sex offender and I'm not comfortable with that.

Friends, got drinks, got drunk and had set. She's claiming that she was the one, when she didn't even know he was a virgin so she doesn't know if this story is actually about her or not. She's just claiming it because she knows she slept with him.

She was the grown 19 year old.

He was the 16 year old boy.

It was on her as a legal adult to be responsible.

Harry also didn't femi-shame anybody, he didn't say she was a loose women or implied that she had 0 morals, in fact, he shamed himself for not being good at sex.

In fact, she using his new found-fame to talk down about another woman (Meghan) by saying Harry traded down. So instead of attacking Harry (because she chose to out herself), she's now attacking his wife who wasn't here and had nothing to do with her beef.

And this is all the while, she went after willing slept with a 16 year old boy, who wasn't even pictured kissing and hugging on her but another woman while she stared at them from off to the side.

She's allowed to feel however she feels (while talking down about a woman she never met AND claiming that Harry did something to her) but let's not pretend she was na?ve girl lead-astray by the big bad Prince.

At 19 years old, she made the choice to sleep with a kid.

At 40 years old, she made the choice to out herself to the international world on a very generic story that didn't have named and using the chance to go on Piers Morgan TV show and belittle another woman who Piers has constantly belittled as if 1. she couldn't have said, "yeah, I hung out with Harry but I can't confirm that I'm the one who he had his first time with"

2. Deal with the fact that she can't trust the friends in her life and circle to keep quiet about her private business.

I was completely fine with Sasha speaking up until she decided to belittled Meghan by saying Harry married down, Meghan wasn't the 19 year old who thought it would be best to sleep with a 16 year old kid.

Edit- Not only that, she was also a a woman chose to accept drinks from an underage boy.

wannable

Harry and Sasha were friends from H age 13 to 17, not 16, Sasha then was 15 to 19.  Spare and Google is our friend, it was when he was 17 not 16.

Sasha will be interviewed tonight at 9 p.m. BST.

Harry knew very well that by describing his virgnity breaking encounter femi shaming the woman would make the media and social media ''react'' searching for the woman. In the process which he knew, a bunch of women were dragged.  He knows=the fool was told by Penguin, by the ghostwriter, by everyone around him.

According to US Weekly Harry wants this story to go away and die down quickly, because he didn't expect after 21 years that Sasha would come out to own the cad's story!. Allegedly he asked his lawyers if he can sue her, he can't, he opened the can of worms. Good!

HistoryGirl2

Did she actually say he married down? Because if that?s true, that?s absolutely laughable. What exactly would he have that would make Meghan unworthy?