Relationships between the members of the British royal family

Started by TLLK, June 10, 2018, 04:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amabel2

That does not mean that they can never go there.  If things thaw a bit (not that I really see it happening) it is perfeclty possible for them to go and visit California.  Its not as if they are short of money or time off

wannable

The trust is lost. That is hard to near impossible to reacquire.  Why go and have an awkward holiday?

Honestly, I don't no anyone out of free will to literally go and spend a holiday/free time and visit someone who stabbed you on the back in a TV show for the world to see. And I've been corrected, Meghan threw Kate under the bus 3 times rather than 2.

The Sussex's feel from the word go - feeling sorry for themselves, insulted, victimized, so they are in revenge mode (hurting themselves). Part of the revenge is to talk bad or leak Harry's family whenever they have a contact with.  So if things thaw a 'bit' and William and Kate decide to go/walk on egg, something slightly happens that make Harry and Meghan feel wrong, the Sussex go mad and decide to tell Gayle the visit...

Amabel2

But that applies to any meeting between them and the Cambridge's.  Odds are that Harry will visit the UK for Diana's statue, and they'll talk a bit.  they are hardly going to go all their lives hardly meeting at all.. I'm sure the RF doesn't want to give the impression that they are being treated like the Windsors.. there will be polite interactions...Just IMO there will never be a deep relationship again.. Even if the marriage were to break up, I think that Harry's obvious anger at the family esp I think his father and brother, is going to create a tension between them.

wannable

I agree with polite talk, but full on visits and holidays together, no.

Amabel2

I'm sure there will be visits.  Unless Harry Is going to be treated like the DOW and only invited rarely to the UK and rather frostily treated while there, I'm sure that he'll be asked with his wife and family to comes and see Charles and Camilla.. a nd that will entail meeting Wil and Kate as well. It probably always WILL Be rather cool and people will be uneasy, but Im sure Charles wont want to create further divisions.  As @TLLK has said, Diana wouldn't' let her sons meet the Yorks when she had a row with Sarah, and I cant imagine that the RF want to create situations like that...
#They wont be close but tehy will keep up a certian contact.  Just that I doubt the kids will see enough of each other to become buddies.

TLLK

The Prince of Wales praises Prince Harry for his commitment to the environment. Perhaps this is a thawing in their relationship?

Prince Charles praises Harry for his climate change campaigning

QuotePrince Charles offered an olive branch to Prince Harry last night, praising his son's 'passionate' work to highlight climate change.

The heir to the throne said he was 'proud' that both his sons had recognised the threat facing the planet, and commended their commitment to green causes.

His specific praise for Harry will be seen as an attempt to heal a rift, after sources said the pair had barely spoken for months.

Charles, 73, made his comments in an essay about climate change.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on January 05, 2022, 01:33:21 AM
The Prince of Wales praises Prince Harry for his commitment to the environment. Perhaps this is a thawing in their relationship?

Prince Charles praises Harry for his climate change campaigning

I certainly hope so! Nobody in the family would want to go on for ever. The Duke and Duchess of Windsor?s relationship with the RF became, under very different circumstances, a running sore for over thirty years. And this is a couple with a young family. 

Princess Cassandra

Kudo's to the Prince of Wales. He is a very caring and sensitive man and understands the need to not wallow in drama. He understood that someone had to make the first move.  May he be rewarded with a corresponding gesture from the Sussexes.

PrincessOfPeace

Back in 2011, ahead of her nuptials to rugby player Mike Tindall, Zara shared a revealing insight into the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's thoughts about Kate.

"I know my grandmother and grandfather are very fond of her," Zara told The Sunday People. "They thought she was just right for William.

"My grandmother liked Kate as soon as they met. They both adore her."

More: Zara Tindall's sweet words about royal cousin-in-law Kate Middleton revealed | HELLO!

PrincessOfPeace

The Queen enjoyed an afternoon with some of her nearest and dearest as she continued her remarkable recovery from Covid, the Daily Mail can reveal.

The 95-year-old monarch, who tested positive for the virus just over a week ago, went to Frogmore on her Windsor Estate on Sunday, where younger members of her family had gathered to meet her for the first time since her diagnosis.

They included Princess Beatrice, her baby daughter Sienna and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children, who were all making the most of the unseasonably glorious sunshine.

More: Her Majesty spends time with William and Kate and Princess Beatrice on trip to Windsor | Daily Mail Online