Charles and Camilla -General Chat

Started by cinrit, March 30, 2014, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

While they're both at Balmoral, they seem to be doing quite a number of engaements there. I have to wonder if some of the work scheduled for the palaces in London during  the summer/early fall of 2022 had to be pushed forward to 2023 due to the death of QEII and all of the events associated with her passing?

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on October 09, 2023, 02:38:55 AM
While they're both at Balmoral, they seem to be doing quite a number of engaements there. I have to wonder if some of the work scheduled for the palaces in London during  the summer/early fall of 2022 had to be pushed forward to 2023 due to the death of QEII and all of the events associated with her passing?

Yes, that?s probably so. Though they seem to have been comfortably ensconced at Clarence House for the time being when in London, as parts of BP have been a building site for some time now and are likely to stay that way for years more. CH doesn?t need urgent repairs too, does it? There?s always Windsor I suppose but Charles doesn?t seem to be very fond of that abode. Perhaps it?s their age and they?ve been worn out by the past twelve months and just need to relax in the fresh air. It will start getting a bit brisk at Balmoral in another month or so, though.

Heatherbear

Read this extract from an article in the Daily Express, about King Charles being bullied at Gordonstoun:

'The 13-year-old was once grabbed as he came out the showers before being tied up, bundled into a wicker laundry basket hung from the wall and blasted with freezing water. He was left there - naked and shivering - for half an hour until a staff member heard his distressed cries, the book claims.'

I also read this in an article about a visit to a block of flats in Islington back in 2013 from Female First:

Britain's Prince Charles is scared of lifts.

The 65-year-old royal has confessed he suffers from a phobia of elevators and always tries to take the stairs whenever possible since he doesn't like being confined in small spaces.

When he met teacher Shehnaz O'Mallie at her block of flats in Islington, north London, yesterday (14.02.13) he asked he whether the lifts in the building worked.

She said: "We always take the stairs", to which he bashfully replied: "So do I. I'm always terrified of lifts."

Wonder whether the two articles could be connected in any way 🤔🤔🤔? Or if the articles are even true?

Post merged into an existing thread.

TLLK

HI and Welcome to Royal Insight Forum @Heatherbear .  :welcome:  I hope that you enjoy you time here. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask myself @TLLK or @PrincessOfPeace .

As to the story being true, it's possible that King Charles like many other does feel claustrophobic in an elevator.

sara8150

Quote from: Heatherbear on October 30, 2023, 03:16:31 PM
Read this extract from an article in the Daily Express, about King Charles being bullied at Gordonstoun:

'The 13-year-old was once grabbed as he came out the showers before being tied up, bundled into a wicker laundry basket hung from the wall and blasted with freezing water. He was left there - naked and shivering - for half an hour until a staff member heard his distressed cries, the book claims.'

I also read this in an article about a visit to a block of flats in Islington back in 2013 from Female First:

Britain's Prince Charles is scared of lifts.

The 65-year-old royal has confessed he suffers from a phobia of elevators and always tries to take the stairs whenever possible since he doesn't like being confined in small spaces.

When he met teacher Shehnaz O'Mallie at her block of flats in Islington, north London, yesterday (14.02.13) he asked he whether the lifts in the building worked.

She said: "We always take the stairs", to which he bashfully replied: "So do I. I'm always terrified of lifts."

Wonder whether the two articles could be connected in any way 🤔🤔🤔? Or if the articles are even true?

Post merged into an existing thread.

Yes when King Charles is young he been bullied that why he wrote in the book that explained and he wouldn?t shipped his children or his grandchildren to his alumni ever!! So Charles decided have William and Harry get good education at nursery school,Ludgrove school they now Eton College so King Charles is very private person

Welcome to royal forum,@Heatherbear

wannable

Rodrigo
@The_QVDS
Royal Watcher
Royal Borough of Windsor

The Royal Family will be in force this afternoon for a service at St George's as a new Dean of Windsor is being installed, it?s been announced.

I think photographers were not allowed inside or near St. George's Chapel but we will find out which members were present in the Court Circular. Officials confirmed His Majesty's attendance / I was not able to confirm others attendees, but was told that various were present.

wannable

^ He has information for sure. Great find from Rodrigo, social media X

Confirmed TMKCIII QC are there for sure, other members to be disclosed soon.

https://www.stgeorges-windsor.org/diary/

Scroll down to November calendar, today (afternoon) it is closed to the public

Chapel Closed to visitors
Castle closed (afternoon)
Mattins
Holy Communion

Thursday 23 November 2023

New Dean of Windsor Installed

At a Service attended by Their Majesties The King and Queen on Thursday 23 November the Right Reverend Christopher Cocksworth was installed as the 65th Dean of Windsor.

https://www.stgeorges-windsor.org/news/new-dean-of-windsor-installed/

Towards the start of the Service the Chapter Clerk informed the College of St George and other members of the congregation that a short Chapter meeting was held earlier in the day at which The King?s Letters Patent and the Writ of Mandamus were read, that the Dean Designate had taken the necessary oaths and declarations and therefore the Canons would ?invest him in his jurisdiction and cure, and assign him his stall in Quire and his place and voice in Chapter.?

During the Service the Dean was presented with a copy of the College Statutes, a pastoral staff and the Bible.  He was asked to make a series of promises. As an example of the serious nature of such promises, he was asked, after Canon Finlay had read verses 25 to 30 from the 19th Chapter of the Gospel of St John: ?Will you in the proclamation of the word and the administration of the sacraments seek to serve all who live, work and visit in this place, so making known the presence of God with his people?? A little later Canon Finlay, Canon Poll and Canon Powell jointly placed the Dean in the stall assigned to his office saying ?We assign to you, Right Reverend Father, this chief stall in the Quire, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.? The Dean then lead the congregation in the Lord?s Prayer; the Choir sang the Te Deum and the Dean preached the sermon.

Dean Cocksworth was educated at Manchester University and trained for ministry at St John?s College, Nottingham. He served his title at Christ Church, Epsom Common, in the diocese of Guildford, and was ordained priest in 1989.

In 1992 he was appointed Chaplain at Royal Holloway, University of London, and Bedford New College and from 1997 to 2001 he served as Director at the Southern Theological and Education Training Scheme (STETS). From 1999 he held the additional title of Honorary Canon at Guildford Cathedral. In 2001 Christopher was appointed Principal of Ridley Hall, University of Cambridge.

In 2008 he was appointed as Bishop of Coventry. He is married and has five adult sons.

wannable

wannable

PaulMarriott
@marriottphotos1

King Charles III is all smiles with Canon Paul Williams after attending Sunday service at Sandringham

wannable

LouisFerdinand

King Charles III introduced a strict royal ban for all family members at Christmas.   
King Charles introduces strict royal ban for all family members at Christmas - YouTube   

:xmas16: :xmas18: :xmas14: :xmas17:

wannable

Balmoral

The King will spend most of January in Scotland as he cements a new royal tradition.
The King, 75, and the Queen, 76, spent New Year's Eve at Sandringham, but they are expected to fly up to Aberdeenshire within the next day or two.

The King has long cherished his January retreat to Scotland, a routine he has kept for many years.
This time, for the second consecutive year, his days will be punctuated with the arrival of his red boxes of Government papers, but otherwise, it will largely be a time to recharge the batteries.
Victoria Ward
The Telegraph

TLLK

I hope that TM the King and Queen will have a wonderful New Year in 2024.

sara8150

Prince Harry and Prince Andrew Barred from Counsellor of State Roles
Duke of York and Duke of Sussex banned of duties on behalf for King Charles and Kate,Princess of Wales only for senior royal family on behalf of the royal family

Nightowl

Neither should be counsellors of state for the disgraceful actions and choices they made which affect their standing in the monarchy and the family.  This is another lesson hopefully they  learned the very hard way about what they did.  All words and decisions in our life have consequences.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on January 20, 2024, 01:29:39 AM
Neither should be counsellors of state for the disgraceful actions and choices they made which affect their standing in the monarchy and the family.  This is another lesson hopefully they  learned the very hard way about what they did.  All words and decisions in our life have consequences.

It happened a whole three times in the late Queen?s entire 70 year reign (and one was in the touring on Britannia days) so I doubt very much that any of the appointed Counsellors now are standing near a phone waiting for an urgent call or wondering about consequences!

TLLK

Quote from: Nightowl on January 20, 2024, 01:29:39 AM

Fortunately the Counsellors of State are rarely asked to fulfill their roles as @Curryong pointed out.  Besides,  with the addition of Anne and Edward to the role, Andrew and Harry will not be needed. There's also Camilla,  William,  and Beatrice there too.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on January 20, 2024, 01:38:35 PM
Fortunately the Counsellors of State are rarely asked to fulfill their roles as @Curryong pointed out.  Besides,  with the addition of Anne and Edward to the role, Andrew and Harry will not be needed. There's also Camilla,  William,  and Beatrice there too.

If they are not going to use non-working royals Beatrice won?t be called on.

TLLK

Please continue all discussion of the King and Queen's health in the new thread. Thank you

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on February 05, 2024, 06:42:04 PM
Please continue all discussion of the King and Queen's health in the new thread. Thank you

I cant find thread i need know where is

TLLK

It is stickied at the top of this forum and says "new" next to it.

PrincessOfPeace

Lothwen

I have an enormous amount of sympathy and respect for Charles. I know I wouldn't want to lead a public life if I was undergoing cancer surgery
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Blue Clover

It's good to see King Charles III. I know that chemotherapy can be harsh. I hope all is well and he will be able to return to royal duties soon.