The Dutch Royal Family General Chat

Started by TLLK, July 17, 2020, 01:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The Royal House has announced where Princess Ariane will continue her education.

Prinses Ariane naar United World College Adriatic | Nieuwsbericht | Het Koninklijk Huis

QuoteThe Palace announced today, May 15, that Princess Ariane will continue her education at the United World College Adriatic in Italy after the summer break:

TLLK

The Royal House announced that Princess Alexia passed her exams and has received her international baccalaureate diploma from United World College of the Atlantic.

Prinses Alexia behaalt Internationaal Baccalaureaat diploma | Nieuwsbericht | Het Koninklijk Huis

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 06, 2023, 12:13:01 PM
The Royal House announced that Princess Alexia passed her exams and has received her international baccalaureate diploma from United World College of the Atlantic.

Prinses Alexia behaalt Internationaal Baccalaureaat diploma | Nieuwsbericht | Het Koninklijk Huis

Well done to Prss Alexia. She had some fun with her friends at the UWC but obviously worked hard too.

TLLK

I'm guessing that her classmate in Spain has had similar news today?

TLLK

It's the first day of school for Princess Ariane who is studying at Atlantic World College's campus in Italy.

https://twitter.com/koninklijkhuis/status/1695043902187745404?s=20

Curryong

A bit apprehensive I?m sure! Nevertheless, the College looks lovely, better than wet Wales!

TLLK

TM the King and Queen, the Princess of Orange, Princess Alexia and Countess Luana attended the Grand Prix of The Netherlands this weekend.

LOS REYES DE HOLANDA CON SUS HIJAS EN LA FORMULA UNO - LOS REYES DE HOLANDA CON SUS HIJAS EN LA FORMULA UNO - ?ltimas noticias - ..:GTRESONLINE:..

wannable

Sun, Rain, sun, heavy rain - crash - red flag - stoppage - it's about to restart soon, world champion, from the Netherlands Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing) is #1 so far.

Hopefully it will be a double celebration

wannable

Double celebrations incoming...

Formula 1
@F1

MAX VERSTAPPEN WINS THE DUTCH GRAND PRIX 🏆

The Red Bull driver takes his ninth win in a row to equal Sebastian Vettel's record for most consecutive wins 💪

#DutchGP #F1

PrincessOfPeace

The Nazi party membership card of Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, queen Juliana's consort and king Willem Alexander's grandfather, has been found in his own archives. German born Bernhard always denied to have been a member. -

https://x.com/BirgitMarie3/status/1709538318805787015?s=20

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on October 04, 2023, 06:47:22 PM
The Nazi party membership card of Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, queen Juliana's consort and king Willem Alexander's grandfather, has been found in his own archives. German born Bernhard always denied to have been a member. -

In spite of Bernhard?s denials (lies) on the subject, it has been long suspected. And in fact a female biographer of his who conducted thorough research on his life, discussed this membership just before her book was published in 2010.

At the time of Bernhard and Juliana?s marriage, several members of his wedding party, including his best man, were denied entry into the Netherlands because of their membership of the Nazi Party. And Bernhard himself had been in the SS.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on October 04, 2023, 06:47:22 PM

Yes I read that news today on TRF. There were rumors of his membership for decades which was more or less required of everyone in Germany during those years. I am not at all surprised that he was a party member.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on October 04, 2023, 08:09:24 PM
Yes I read that news today on TRF. There were rumors of his membership for decades which was more or less required of everyone in Germany during those years. I am not at all surprised that he was a party member.

Yes, certainly almost everyone was required to either have Party membership as adults or if young be a member of a Nazi Youth organisation. Even the former Pope had such a background. Even so, in some areas of Germany such as left wing Hamburg or deeply devout RC areas of Germany it was contentious and never made compulsory in the mid 1930s. And some German nobility, such as the Hesses of the Rhine family were quite clearly just nominal members.   

However, it was NOT compulsory to join the SS, which Bernhard did, or hang around with keen members of the Party as he did as a young man.

TLLK

Nazi membership card found of Dutch King?s grandfather ? Royal Central

QuoteA membership card for the NSDAP (commonly known as the German Nazi Party) has been found belonging to King Willem-Alexander?s grandfather, Prince Bernhard.

The Government Information Service (RVD) confirmed the card?s existence but did not want to elaborate on the document.

The document was revealed by a former director of the Royal House Archives, Flip Maarschalkerweerd, who announced its existence in the newspaper NRC and his book De Achterblijvers. Media company NRS and NRC revealed scanned images of the membership card.

The NSDAP card was found in 2019 among Prince Bernhard?s private archives, which Maarschalkerweerd inventoried after the Prince?s death. It?s unknown why the historian waited four years to reveal it.

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said he was troubled by the discovery but that he had been shown proof in the past that the late Prince was a member of the Nazi Party. He also said a government investigation into Prince Bernhard?s past with the Nazis was not necessary.

Rutte said the reveal of the card showed ?that this royal family is completely transparent? and that this was ?part of a mature monarchy.?

Rutte said he was constitutionally bound not to disclose when King Willem-Alexander found out or any of their conversations regarding the membership.

The German-born royal denied he was a member of the Nazi Party until his 2004 death. In an interview published by Volkskrant after his death, Prince Bernhard said: ?I can declare with my hand on the Bible: I was never a Nazi. I never paid for party membership, I never had a membership card.?The discovery by Maarschalkerweerd may not be a shock to the Dutch people as Bernhard had members of his family and friends aligned with the Nazis. He also met with Adolph Hitler before his wedding to the future Queen Juliana, as protocol dictated that the Prince should meet his head of state before his royal wedding.

However, Prince Bernhard was known to have fought against the Nazis during World War II and worked with the Allied War Planning Councils. He later called Hitler a tyrant and said the Third Reich would fall.

TLLK

The Netherlands has its own biographical TV series coming soon. Entitled "Maxima" it highlights the life of Maxima Zorrigueta who married the then Prince of Orange, Willem Alexander.

First look at the Netherlands' answer to The Crown: Young Queen Maxima is seen dancing with King Willem-Alexander - who hid his royal status - before

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on October 19, 2023, 09:15:45 PM
The Netherlands has its own biographical TV series coming soon. Entitled "Maxima" it highlights the life of Maxima Zorrigueta who married the then Prince of Orange, Willem Alexander.

First look at the Netherlands' answer to The Crown: Young Queen Maxima is seen dancing with King Willem-Alexander - who hid his royal status - before

That should be fun. Of course there wasn?t much drama within Maxi and W-A?s actual relationship, once she found out who he was of course, lol. However I suppose the thing that was factious was Maxi?s father?s links to the Argentine military junta. He didn?t go to the couple?s wedding because of it, I seem to remember. But apart from that everything went pretty smoothly, especially as she proved eager to learn without suppressing her her exuberant nature!