Prince Harry's army career

Started by v_voom, January 21, 2013, 07:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v_voom

Breaking news on channel 4!!! He has left Afghanistan and showing snippets of interviews. He looks so good and he showing how to pee in an apache!! he is so cute!!!

Double post auto-merged: January 21, 2013, 07:50:09 PM

Prince Harry reveals life on the front line in Afghanistan and says Prince William is jealous of his tour of duty | Mail Online

Proud Eurasian girl in London! ;)

Lady In Red

I just heard the good news that Harry's returning home. I haven't read the entire Daily Mail piece but I will. I'm watching BBC News right now waiting to see the report. I'm happy he's safe.

Thanks for the link, v _voom. :)

Minerva

Telegraph Prince Harry returns from Afghanistan as he reveals he killed Taliban insurgents

Prince Harry confirms he killed Taliban as he returns from Afghanistan saying: 'Take a life to save a life' - Telegraph

BBC Prince Harry interviews: Key extracts

BBC News - Prince Harry interviews: Key extracts

Guardian Prince Harry: I've killed in Afghanistan. But Dad wants me to act like a prince

Prince Harry: I've killed in Afghanistan. But Dad wants me to act like a prince | UK news | The Guardian

Sky Prince Harry: I Killed Taliban In Afghanistan

Prince Harry: I Killed Taliban In Afghanistan
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

live your truth there is nothing to fear, you live your fear you fear life.

Death is not a sport, nor is hunting. ... Ahimsa

Lady In Red

Did anyone else get the chance to watch BBC 's report?  Harry looks very good. He also sounds very more mature in my opinion. It was a good interview overall.

Minerva

BBC Video Coverage

Prince Harry says 'it's easy to forget who I am' in the army
BBC News - Prince Harry says 'it's easy to forget who I am' in the army

Prince Harry explains the controls of his Apache helicopter
BBC News - Prince Harry explains the controls of his Apache helicopter

'I let myself down, I let my family down', Prince Harry admits
BBC News - 'I let myself down, I let my family down', Prince Harry admits

Prince Harry gives a tour of his living quarters in Afghanistan
BBC News - Prince Harry gives a tour of his living quarters in Afghanistan
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

live your truth there is nothing to fear, you live your fear you fear life.

Death is not a sport, nor is hunting. ... Ahimsa

georgiana996

]hes back hes back  !!!!!!!!! well hes not back but we got pictures and i think he looks pretty good for someone stuck in afghanisthan for 4 months  no really i  half expected him to look like mountain man with a ginger beard  :D.   :happy20:  :happy17: :happy17: :happy17: :happy17: :happy17: :happy17: :happy17: :happy17: :happy17: :happy17: :happy17: :happy17:
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Eri

He is back!!!  :happy17: :happy17: :partaay: Great interview but he doesn't seem one bit sorry about Vegas  :teehee: Oh Hazza...I actually like his "Charlie Sheen" approach to the bad press that comes his way it WORKS PR wise people LOVE IT!!!

Diamonds

I bet that he can't wait to finally get back home and see his family and friends again. :nod:

v_voom

Just finished watching a special report on BBC News and another interesting point I noticed was the interviewer asked if he was 100% single and Harry's reply was 'Look, I'm just out here doing my job'.

On previous occasion, he stated that he was 100% single so I'm actually starting to believe about him and Cressida. I guess we'll know for sure in the coming days.
Proud Eurasian girl in London! ;)

NotWaitieKatie

Not necessarily, he may just want to try and keep the focus on work and not his private life.
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

Eri

^ If there is no private life (as in he is single) what is there to hide? I single person says they are single...

mihrocha

I agree. The way he said it.. and I believe in the Cressida's rumour.. They said it all the time about her!

Trudie

Thank God Harry is almost home and safe. Bet HM is grinning from ear to ear. :thumbsup: :abs:

Catherine3rd

Interesting interview. Revealing things said, without actually saying it. The print sounded like a undereducated spoiled kid. The video interview revealed a more mature Harry. A nice, warm Harry. Someone who has grown (thank god). And if it can be possible........ someone absolutely more handsome than in his youth. He went a spoiled rich kid and returns a man!! Hoo Rah Army Air!
Now hopefully, no nasty wild Cyprus photos leaked...... but i hope he enjoys a good piss up.

anitalalala

He looks very thin...i dont now how it works but me thinks all this sensasionalism about his stay in afeganistan and his retunr is ridiculous and brings nothing good to him or to anyone honetslly...
As usual things that should be kept secret are out there for all to see...i totally disaprove it...the final part where he runs seems totally rehearsed i dont iknow if that was the main point to make it but thats what it looked like to me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do believe in the rumours about cressida...my doubst is if something still exists..i honetslly hope not...hes not even officially linked and im quite tired of her already...so imagine if they start to date for real...bad me think anyway
i dont think harry ever said anyhting to meid aofr sure...when he said he was a 100%  single i think he was dating someone honetslly..and then he was out and about with millions of girls...so now he dont say anyhting it means hes serious about someone..maybe he is..maybne not..time will tell..

Whathever happen hope hes back soon
And i honetslly dont think is a good moment for him to be with someone..i think he should be alone for a while and use all the knowledge he conquered so far...grow up as a peron and mature and becomes better if someone comes greta if dont honetslly enjoy his time by himself coz being alone sometimes is the best thing to grow up and become better...
I think this obssession on finding harry a gf quite tiring and bad...i dont think whoever he dates now when he retunrs will last...he dont seem ready to settle down yet...so it would be a waste of time for both but hey he sure wqill have fun with someone..serious or not..thats a fact!!!

chavita

Thanks everybody for all the links. :thanks:

He definitely looks different, even a little bit older. His face changed. I'm glad he is coming back. :clap:
Harryite #0009

missbliss

Thanks for all the links!  He does look well and sounds more mature. I hope he gets some good private r&r!

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

YR

PH is just such a nice guy who speaks his mind.  Nothing wrong with that.  I saw so much Diana when I looked at his face and his facial expressions.  Lovely really.   :love2:

cinrit

QuotePrince Harry: I 'hated' being at Camp Bastion and would rather have been on foot patrols  (Video)

Prince Harry said he “hated” being based at Camp Bastion and would rather have been out on foot patrols than flying an Apache helicopter.

He complained of other soldiers “gawping” at him when he went for meals, though he accepted his comments made him sound “spoilt”.

The 28-year-old made no attempt to disguise his love-hate relationship with his life at Camp Bastion during his 20-week tour of Afghanistan as an Apache helicopter gunner.

In an interview which can only now be published because he has left Helmand Province, he said he would rather have been on patrol as a foot soldier, as he was during his last tour in 2007-08, than flying an Apache.

Prince Harry: I 'hated' being at Camp Bastion and would rather have been on foot patrols - Telegraph 

Quote"I'm thrilled": Prince Harry "can't wait to be an uncle" after hearing royal baby news in Afghanistan

Delighted Prince Harry "can't wait to be an uncle" and said it's "about time" the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had a baby.

But the 28-year-old says he feels no pressure to settle down like his older brother.

The Apache helicopter co-pilot was serving in Afghanistan when the news broke and he revealed he called home to congratulate William and Kate.

"Obviously I'm thrilled for both of them," he said in Helmand Province about ten days after St James's Palace announced that Kate was pregnant.

"It's about time," he joked. "I can't wait to be an uncle."

Kate Middleton pregnant: Prince Harry can't wait to be an uncle - Mirror Online 

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Jenee

I am so glad to hear that Harry is returning safely! I haven't had a chance to watch any of the interviews yet, but I will comment later when I do!

BBC News - Prince Harry's time as 'warrior prince' in Helmand

I dislike the title of this article, because it very poorly paraphrases what he actually said, but it is what it is... Prince Harry: I've killed in Afghanistan. But Dad wants me to act like a prince
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

I've watched most of the videos (maybe all?).  He speaks very fast ... maybe he was trying to get rid of the interviewer faster. :P

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Eri

@  Jenee Is the person who wrote that really a journalist?  :ugh: They should hand their diploma immediately !!!