Young Charles

Started by LouisFerdinand, April 08, 2019, 11:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

That's a rare one!  I've seen them talking in the background of other pictures at royal events, such as the wedding of the Greek Crown Prince.  They are not far off in age and I've often wondered if they spent time together as children. As we know, Charles idolized Richard's older brother, William. Thank you for posting this picture!

LouisFerdinand

@Princess Cassandra, I am glad that you like the picture!  :hi:

Princess Cassandra

That's great, Louis Ferdinand!  If you have others, post away. It's amazing how many photographs there are of the RF, and I keep seeing new ones it seems. 

Princess Cassandra

I've enjoyed these photographs, several of which I had never seen. Thanks so much!

LouisFerdinand

Princess Cassandra

Another I hadn't seen, Louis Ferdinand! :windsor1: Thanks!

oak_and_cedar

Nice pictures. Prince Charles was a cute child!

TLLK

Princess Cassandra

And now he is a grandfather of four! 

corydora

What wonderful photos. I do think that Charles has become more handsome as he grows older. Maybe he is just more happy than he has been in his life.
Recycle yourself - Be an Organ Donor

TLLK

While I have never found Charles to be conventionally handsome, I do believe that he's more confident and content in his life which is being reflected in his demeanor and attitude.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on May 12, 2019, 03:30:26 PM
While I have never found Charles to be conventionally handsome, I do believe that he's more confident and content in his life which is being reflected in his demeanor and attitude.
No I would never have called him Handsome.  But he looks a bit plumper these days..and a bit more settled. 

Princess Cassandra

I agree: When humans are happy they look it. To me, he looks comfortable in his skin and in his role. In a recent interview he alluded to the fact that his "campaigns" (the environment, organic food, and all of his charitable initiatives) have become more accepted and are bearing fruit. He was touring Dumphries House and the surrounding town at the time, and exclaimed that he wants to do so much more. I'm sure this has something to do with it, and I can certainly understand that. Much has been said, also, of his marriage to Camilla making him more genial and content, also.

LouisFerdinand

Young Prince Charles enjoyed his first visit to an airport at two-and-a-half years old, when he went to greet his mother on her return from Malta.

oak_and_cedar

I was thinking, I haven't seen many pictures of prince Charles in his 20s which must have been in the 70s. I've only seen a couple of polo pictures I think. He must've been famous even then (of course) so why aren't there many picture from this decade circulating?

Curryong

I can remember a ton of photos of Charles with his family in his twenties. Maybe they just haven't popped up on the Internet. Of course those were the years when Charles was at university and the Press largely left him alone to get on with it. He then went on to naval training (few photos there) and then into the Royal Navy. Although there were PR pictures taken at the time, like his sons there were few photos of him actually doing his daily job.

There were some photos of him with girlfriends, but again, unlike his sons, Charles tended to invite girlfriends to the private estates of Sandringham, Balmoral etc when he was dating them, except for polo matches. He didn't go clubbing so there aren't huge numbers in the archives of public dates either.

amabel

There are loads of photos of Charles.. and many with the girls he dated in the 1970s.  I think a lot of the girlfriend photos are at polo matches.. but the Press was very busy in the 70s following him round to get  a glimpse of the girls he was dating and hoping to get the first one of him with the one he finally married.  I've certainly seen plenty...
True he didn't do a lot of falling out of bars and clubs with his girls, but there was certainly a lot of press interest in his dating life in the 70s...

sandy

I found many photos of Charles with various girlfriends via a Google search, including Sabina Guiness, Jane Wellesley and Davina Sheffield.

oak_and_cedar

Those are mostly the photos i've found, with his girlfriends when playing polo.

I would have liked to see some where he was on "duty" etc.

Anyway there are plenty from the 80s so that'll do I suppose.

Curryong

Some photos of every year of Prince Charles's Royal Career!

Prince Charles: Photos from every year of his royal career - INSIDER

Double post auto-merged: August 22, 2019, 07:22:34 PM

A few more of Charles. The major photo is of him in Ottowa in 1975.

Prince Charles, Ottawa, 1975. | History | Prince charles, Photos of prince, Prince philip