William: BAFTA President

Started by cinrit, November 04, 2013, 01:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Dame Helen Mirren pays tribute to the late QEII at tonight's BAFTA awards.

Prince William tears up as Helen Mirren pays tribute to the late Queen at the BAFTAs - video | HELLO!

QuoteThe Prince of Wales looked visibly emotional as Dame Helen Mirren paid a special tribute to his late grandmother Queen Elizabeth II at Sunday night's Baftas.

As a special video was played on screen, Dame Helen said: "Cinema at its best does what Her Majesty did effortlessly ? bring us together and unite us through a story. Your Majesty, you were our nation's leading star."

PrincessOfPeace

Lovely tribute from Dame Helen Mirren

sara8150

Kate Middleton is likely to miss out on BAFTAs, Commonwealth Day Service and St Patrick's Day engagements - after undergoing 'planned abdominal
Kate,Princess of Wales will missed BAFTA due on medical leave and also surgery from abdominal surgery but she will back after Easter

sara8150

Prince William has only been seen once since Christmas - and is now likely to miss the BAFTAs, Six Nations,  and charity events as he stays by Kate's
Prince William will likely miss the BAFTAs as president February 18,2024 but he stay with Kate,Princess of Wales during recovery from abdominal surgery.

Curryong

RICHARD KAY: The double blow of King Charles and our future Queen Kate's medical treatment leaves the nation reeling... it sends a shiver down our

The Daily Fail  and the toady Richard Kay strikes again!

?Leaves the nation reeling with a collective shiver down their spines?. Er, no. Not according to 95% of the comments from ordinary Britons posting in the comments section below. Nor to any of the friends and relatives still in the UK that I phoned up in the last hour!

I wish Kate no ill will at all. I hope both she and King Charles recover well from their surgeries. But to portray two Royal family members going to hospital as some kind of collective mental crisis for the British nation is just hyperbole gone mad. Most Britons will be saying ?Oh, that?s not good news? and then will be going on with their day.

It?s elected officials and those who might be that is causing shivers down my spine. Such as Trump?s seeming poll numbers and caucus victory.

Kristeh-H

I expect many Britons, and people around the world, feel some degree of concern for Charles and Catherine, and wish them good recoveries.  But of course people will go on about their day. And as of now, there's no reason not to.  Catherine is said to be doing well, or as well as can be expected after a major surgery, though she does have a long recuperation ahead.  As for Charles, every surgery has some risk and the older a person becomes, the risk increases a bit.  But the odds are good that he will come through just fine and his condition is benign, and not uncommon at all for a man his age.         

But sensationalism is popular these days, so dramatic headlines attract the viewers.  I so wish we could get back to calmer, factual reporting.  It would be so much better for us all.

If it is any consolation, Trump was expected to win the Iowa caucus.  He actually won the Iowa caucus by a greater margin in 2020.  I don't think anyone should be either complacent or depressed about voting at this stage.