A List of Famous Diana, Princess of Wales Quotes

Started by drezzle, April 28, 2010, 11:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drezzle

http://www.ranker.com/list/a-list-of-famous-diana-princess-of-wales-quotes/reference#

This includes a lot of I never knew she said:  "It's vital the monarchy keeps in touch with the people. It's what I try and do."

It's true when the queen said there were lessons to be learned from Diana.  However, I don't think she meant that in the positive sense -- from someone who claimed to be with her when she gave that speech at Diana's funeral.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Kate

#56, When you are happy you can forgive a great deal......   
All of her quotes are very good, however this one stand out for me.. It tells alot about her frame of mind and how she was thinking, perhaps when she said it. Do you think she had forgiven Charles for his treatment of her?
The most famous quote from her will always be ... ".... well... there were three in this marriage..'

Hale

My Favourite:

Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.    :yesss:

Scarlet Flowers

I don't go by the rule book.  I lead from the heart, not the head.
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Trudie

Family is the most important thing in the world.

Lady63

Quote four, 'Call me Diana, not Princess Diana'

Quote 29, 'I understand people's suffering, people's pain, more than you will every know yourself.'

I think reflect her perfectly but I like her most often quoted quote, 'there were three in the marriage, so it was a bit crowded'.  A nice way of saying just how uncomfortable her life was imho because 'bit crowded' was an understatement if ever there was.

Regards,
lady63
You Can't Fix Stupid

drezzle

It was a bit crowded by the nosy media -- especially so.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.