Board information and general announcements

Started by TLLK, May 01, 2021, 02:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Just a reminder notice that if you have any question as to where to place a post about people who are connected to the BRF through marriage, employment, friendship or a former relationship; we have the Socialites and Royal Acquaintances Forum and threads dedicated to various topics.

Current and Former BRF staff. Current and Former British Royal Staff members Part 2

Former spouses and exes. Royal Exes-Spouses and significant others

Friendships Cambridge and Sussex friends discussion

The various royal commentators and authors: Royal Commentators, reporters and authors

There's also threads dedicated to family members for the following: Diana, Princess of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall's children, The Markle Family and Doria Ragland. The current British PM will also have a dedicated thread.

The Middletons have their own separate forum with threads.

Blue Clover

Thank you! Great to have a guide to the new sections.

TLLK

Please discuss the upcoming BBC program-"The Princes and the Press" in this thread that is dedicated to Media/Tabloid coverage of royals.

The Royals & Television Media, Tabloid Press/Photographer Pack

TLLK

Following the Christmas Day 2021 security breach at Windsor Castle, a new thread dedicated to Royal Security has been created and stickied. It's located in the Politics of Monarchies and Republics forum.

Royal Security Throughout the Years

TLLK

New thread created to discuss the Annual Honors from the monarch and the British Government. It can be found in the Politics of Monarchy and Republics forum.

The Annual Honors for the United Kingdom 2022-Present

However the news associated with the royals who currently preside over the ceremonies: QEII, PoW, DoCam and PR should continue in their respective Official Duties and Court Circular threads.

TLLK

Okay history buffs this is for you: @Curryong, @Amabel2 , @LouisFerdinand   :yesss: There are now newly merged and stickied threads for the following English/Scottish/British dynasties: Plantagenet, Tudor, Stuart, and Hanover.   :happy17: :friends: :Jen: :windsor1:

I'm slowly going through the first pages of currently locked threads to create places where new discussion can take place. If you see a currently locked thread that you'd like to see merged, please Private Message me @TLLK.

TLLK

Also I am currently closing the Sussexes welcome Baby Lili thread. However I do plan to create a thread dedicated to Archie and Lili's births and his christening in the coming weeks.

For now, please continue any discussion of the Sussex children, in the dedicated Sussex family chat.

PrincessOfPeace

We all appreciate the work you're doing with board organization. @TLLK

TLLK

Newly merged threads on royal residences can be found here in this forum.     Royalty & Aristocracy Throughout History

British-  UK-Historic and contemporary royal palaces, residences, estates, castles

All other nations  European, Asian, ME and African Royal Residences, Castles,

TLLK

A new stickied thread has been created to post information and to discuss the Metropolitan Police's investigation into the Prince's Trust and the Cash For Honors issue.

The thread can be found on here.

Prince's Trust and the Investigation into Cash for Honors

TLLK

Coffee Klatch forum now has a new stickied thread dedicated to Current Events and Global News. Current Events and News of the World discussion

Also in that forum, I've renamed the Australian Political News thread to a Global one. Global Political News and Elections Thread

The Queen's Cousin who are considered to be official representatives of the monarchy: The Gloucesters and The Kents (Edward and Alexandra) now have an official foreign travel thread.

The Queen's Cousins Official Foreign visits and tours thread

TLLK

With many BRF group events coming up in this year, we're extending our fashion and jewelry threads.  :high5:

Gloucester, Kent and other BRF extended family members' fashion and jewelry thread for the all the ladies in the Gloucester and Kent families as well as other extended family members ie Lady Sarah Chatto.

Also Zara has been added to her mother's fashion thread.

TLLK

:happyuk: :crown: :coach:  The Platinum Jubilee celebrations are almost here. Please keep all related articles, videos, posts and discussion for  all solo, joint and group engagements in that  stickied thread. Thank you.

The Queen's Jubilees All Years Part 2

TLLK

Hello members and guests,
   With the announcements of the Death of QEII and the Ascension of King Charles III the admin/mod team are updating the titles of the forums and threads.
We are aware that William and Catherine are now the Prince and Princess of Wales and will be updating their forum as soon as possible.

wannable

Blue Clover

Greetings,
The RIF Boards have been updated to reflect changes announced today. In the future, please give the RIF team up to 24 hours to make title changes throughout the Board.

wannable

I love the RIF.

Just one criticism, why are we treating titles ''lightly'', can the RIF team consider using actual official titles i.e. Earl and Countess of Wessex. Yes I personally will be disappointed if in the coming months or next max 2 years no Dukedom for the couple.

TLLK

We're now on to Part 2 of the Royal and Noble Jewelry thread. There is also a poll at the top of the page for a Princess Alexandra's tiara choice. Please read and vote for your favorite or suggest another one from the Luxembourg collection.  :Jen:

Royal & Noble Jewelry of the world-Crown, Personal, Engagement rings Part 2

Amabel2

Has there ever been a section dedicated to the Bonaparte dynasty?  TLLK, thanks for all your hard worlk

TLLK

@Amabel2- Thank you for the compliment . No there isn't one that is specifically dedicated to the Bonaparte Dynasty. However there is one on former monarchies so it includes French royal history.

Former monarchies historic discussion: France, Germany, Russia etc..

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on November 11, 2022, 02:57:15 PM
@Amabel2- Thank you for the compliment . No there isn't one that is specifically dedicated to the Bonaparte Dynasty. However there is one on former monarchies so it includes French royal history.

Former monarchies historic discussion: France, Germany, Russia etc..
thanks, as a kid I used to be ardently interested in the Bonapartes and read everything about them... but I never found that anyone in this form seemed interested.

TLLK

With recent stories regarding security for the Duke of York and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a general reminder to post news and to keep the discussion regarding protection for all royals  in the Royal Privacy and Security thread. Thank you.

Royal Privacy and Security Throughout the Years

Curryong

Goodness, I seem to be mistaking threads for several of my posts lately. Thanks for the reminder, TLLK!

TLLK

@Curryong-No worries. It's just a general reminder to the board especially since we've had some bigger news with BRF security this week.

TLLK

Discussion about Lady Susan Hussey has been moved to this thread. Please continue to post any stories and keep the discussion in the thread linked below. Thank you.

Current and Former British Royal Staff members Part 2