Birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones for the Princess Royal's family

Started by plattenchant, August 15, 2017, 11:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

I am looking forward to watch this documentary, 70 year milestone with unprecedented access to Princess Anne including unseen footage kept by the family is a must for real royal watchers.

It should be available in YouTube the 16th August, since the documentary will be airing the 15th August ITV.

TLLK

A well known Australian Women's Magazine has an interview with the Princess Royal to mark her 70th birthday.

Princess Anne on life away from the cameras ahead of her 70th birthday | Australian Women's Weekly

QuoteIn a rare interview to celebrate her upcoming 70th birthday, HRH Princess Anne talks to Juliet Rieden about life as a farmer away from the royal beat, memories of Australia, riding with her grandchildren and why she chose not to give her children titles.

Of course she covers her children, her equestrian career, her love of horses but I was surprised to see how much she's embraced the role of being a farmer. She disagrees with Charles on organic methods but they seem to have a genuine love for the country life.

PrincessOfPeace

ITVs Anne, The Princess Royal airs ahead of her 70th birthday in August

The Princess Royals son Peter Phillips has revealed how he was given a clip round the ear before Buckingham Palace balcony appearances as a young boy.

The Queens eldest grandchild, 42, made the remarks in a new ITV documentary about Princess Anne ahead of her 70th birthday, which is set to air this Wednesday.

More: Peter Phillips says naughty royal children were given a 'clip round the ear' | Daily Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Peter Phillips says naughty royal children were given a 'clip round the ear' | Daily Mail Online   :hehe:

I can see that being the last minute warning from the Windsors before the youngsters headed for the front of the balcony with parents/grandparents standing close behind them.

QuoteAppearing on the show alongside his younger sister, Zara Tindall, 39, Peter recalled: 'You then get a clip round the ear and say right, "behave yourself, you know, we're going out on the balcony. Don't pick your nose and you know, don't yawn"'.

Zara admitted that as children, they often saw the special balcony occasions - such as the Queen's Trooping the Colour - as an opportunity to have 'as much fun as possible' with their cousins, including Prince William, 38, and Prince Harry, 35.

PrincessOfPeace

A special documentary marking Princess Anne's 70th birthday, as she talks openly about her life and work, and the reality of growing up as a member of the Royal family. Throughout the programme, Princess Anne talks frankly about a family in which women tended to be seen as 'honourary men", about the challenges for younger royalty, about a bloody kidnap attempt, and about refusing titles for her children, Peter and Zara. Features contributions from those that work closely with her on a day-to-day basis as well as those that know her best, including her husband Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, and her children.

Narrated by Tobias Menzies.

Anne: The Princess Royal at 70 - Documentary - YouTube

wannable

YouTube took it down, so I wish someone else may place the entire ITV special again.

I saw some really funny extracts authorized by ITV via their reporters, Chris Ship being one of them.

ITV is only GB, so they should consider the special to be sold/aired for everyone else.

TLLK

^^^I'm always frustrated when I miss the window of opportunity to view those specials from the UK! :notamused:

I was looking forward to listening to Anne, Peter and Zara.

Curryong

She is very tenacious I'm sure, and a very straight-speaking woman with a droll sense of humour. Anne has certainly kept up a strong work ethic too since becoming a fulltime Royal after her equestrian career.

I expect this documentary to turn up on Aussie TV. Royal docos are popular here and they generally do. However Anne is not really popular or well known in this country.

Macrobug67

Happy Birthday  :partaay:  :blowkiss:

She is fabulous and a force to reckon

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Anne has been promoted by the Army and Royal Air Force to mark her 70th birthday.

The Princess Royal - the Queens second child - will take up the role of general and air chief marshal, bringing her ranks in line with her rank in the Royal Navy.

More: Princess Anne gets military promotion as she celebrates 70th birthday - BBC News

TLLK

A thread to discuss the birthdays, anniversaries and milestones of the Princess Royal and her family.

Congratulations to the Princess Royal on this new promotion!

I really like the portrait when she's wearing the white gown.  :Jen:
Princess Anne's 70th Birthday Portraits | PEOPLE.com

FB
Tweet
****Embargoed to 2200 BST Friday August 14 ****The Princess Royal which have been released to celebrate her 70th birthday on Saturday

Princess Anne is celebrating!

Queen Elizabeth's only daughter turns 70 on Saturday, and Buckingham Palace released three new portraits to mark the exciting milestone on Friday. The official images were taken at her country home, Gatcombe Park, earlier this year by renowned portrait photographer John Swannell.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

:bday7: 

Mia Tindall's cutest moments as she celebrates seventh birthday | HELLO!

QuoteZara and Mike Tindall's elder daughter Mia was born on 17 January 2014. She became an instant star when she held her great-grandmother the Queen's handbag in the monarch's 90th birthday portrait.

The energetic little girl, who always seems to have the biggest grin on her face, has since proven that she's always ready for her close-up!

Mia and her younger sister Lena are set to welcome a new baby brother or sister when mum Zara gives birth to her third child in 2021.

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Mia!   
:bday10: :bday10: :bday10: :bday10: :bday10: :bday10: :bday10:

LouisFerdinand

Happy Birthday to Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence!   
Timothy is the spouse of Princess Anne.   
Could Anne not be referred to as Lady Anne Laurence?       

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

TLLK

:bdaycake: The younger daughter of Peter and Autumn Phillips is nine years old today.

A little bit of information on the 10 great grandchildren of the Queen and the DoE. The article has a short biography of each one in order of their birth.  :Jen:

Meet Queen Elizabeth's Great-Grandchildren, Half of Whom Are Commoners- Note-Article was written before Isla's birthday today.

QuoteSavannah's younger sister, Isla, is 8 years old. Her full name is Isla Elizabeth, likely a tribute to the Queen. Like her sister, she doesn't have a royal title, but can be spotted at royal events like the Christmas Day church service at Sandringham and the Trooping the Colour parade. She's 17th in line for the throne.

PrincessOfPeace