Team Sussex: Archewell Foundation, Invictus, and charities, news, and activities

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

There is millions of people that like him. Not one person is liked by everyone.

My point is H idea was to do a Joe.

Simmon had other ideas but he shall tell his story. Noble but cunning he did a checkmate on Harry. I am almost sure I know what it was about.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 24, 2023, 12:57:17 AM
There is millions of people that like him. Not one person is liked by everyone.

My point is H idea was to do a Joe.

Simmon had other ideas but he shall tell his story. Noble but cunning he did a checkmate on Harry. I am almost sure I know what it was about.

I don?t regard the profanity-driven Bill Simmons noble in any sense. On the contrary, people who can?t get their point across without swearing and blinding every five minutes (especially about other people) need to improve their vocabularies.

wannable

^ Nothing different to H trash talking, the only difference is H did it for much longer - 3 years, Simmons in less than 1 minute (and pre approved by Spotify giants)

A giant within the industry, with 30 years of experience working in the arts, entertainment and sport media (all, Simmons resume; from newspapers, digital, radio, TV and podcasting) I am sure when he tells his story, the noble + cunning will be understood, what I meant. A little clue he offered H a 'noble' idea, at the same time it is cunning in the sense to await H reaction to the idea, H reaction was exactly what Simmons reported to the rest of top management. IF H had reacted positively, that contract would still be alive. ETA: 2nd clue they tried their utmost best to save H from the word 'grifter' or being coined a con artist. Everyone knows once coined, the person is blackballed. 3rd and last clue the noble idea is the most true humanitarian thing that could have saved him (for real)

A new article from the WSJ

They arrived three years ago with royal star power amid a streaming boom, but have notched more cancellations and rejections than produced shows

Erich Schwartzel and Sarah Krouse
June 24, 2023 12:01 am ET
Wall Street Journal

Pay per view, the archive is available in Twitter

Netflix is next.

Ayse

Quote from: changemhysoul on June 23, 2023, 12:42:14 PM
I believe, if true, that he threw out some big names to give idea. ?What happened to this mean in their childhood to make them so f?ked? up. Apparently Putin told a story to Clinton after the war about his life.

I highly doubt Harry wanted to interview Trump.

But overall, his podcast would?ve been a god idea. The male counterpart to Archetypes. A Podcast about trauma, how that impacts being a father, religion, how society refuses to let me open up and are cruel when they do. I?m still hoping to hear more in depth on how a miscarriage impacts the fathers. People like Bill Simmons are upset because Harry didn?t swing a Joe Rogan for types of content or some type of gossip and he actually had topics he wanted to talk about.

Anywoo, just shows that they?re really sad about them leaving and are unprofessional. There was already a person in twt who said they had good ideas. (Will post proof later)

And I?m guessing, WME is currently going through all of the contracts and Liz looking to see what can be changed.

Who is sad about them leaving? From the looks of it, it?s not Spotify.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Ayse on June 26, 2023, 06:34:10 AM
Who is sad about them leaving? From the looks of it, it?s not Spotify.

If Harry and Meghan are called sad and bitter for speaking about their experiences in the BRF then it applies to Spotify. They had the same people going to the papers to be bitter about the Sussex's. Also, sad for Spotify overall because they spent a ton of money to hire big names and keep them exclusive but didn't do anything beyond that (IE, If you hire people who haven't worked in the market and leave it up to them while shooting down ideas from said people, then yea, you wasted money.) So sad for them because some of the contracts they keep vs letting the Sussex's go, with Meghan who has an award winning podcast that knocked their top biller off for two weeks, went no1 in various countries (non-english too and some didn't have celebs that had the draw in those countries) and still managed to stay top ten until it stopped airing but managed to keep it with a two-three week hiatus...you've lost something pretty good.

To the netflix point, it doesn't look like netflix is next.

And I do have a master post, I just have to gather a lot and it takes time but I did come to say that Kenya seems to be the next country to enter into the Invictus family.

https://twitter.com/gloria_orwoba/status/1674157549589864451

There are also more pictures of Harry at the Warrior Games that came out that'll post later.

changemhysoul

Quote from: wannable on June 24, 2023, 12:25:35 PM
^ Nothing different to H trash talking, the only difference is H did it for much longer - 3 years, Simmons in less than 1 minute (and pre approved by Spotify giants)

A giant within the industry, with 30 years of experience working in the arts, entertainment and sport media (all, Simmons resume; from newspapers, digital, radio, TV and podcasting) I am sure when he tells his story, the noble + cunning will be understood, what I meant. A little clue he offered H a 'noble' idea, at the same time it is cunning in the sense to await H reaction to the idea, H reaction was exactly what Simmons reported to the rest of top management. IF H had reacted positively, that contract would still be alive. ETA: 2nd clue they tried their utmost best to save H from the word 'grifter' or being coined a con artist. Everyone knows once coined, the person is blackballed. 3rd and last clue the noble idea is the most true humanitarian thing that could have saved him (for real)

A new article from the WSJ

They arrived three years ago with royal star power amid a streaming boom, but have notched more cancellations and rejections than produced shows

Erich Schwartzel and Sarah Krouse
June 24, 2023 12:01 am ET
Wall Street Journal

Pay per view, the archive is available in Twitter

Netflix is next.

Correction on Simon, he didn't trash talk for one minute, he's done it before about Harry.

So, seeing as Simon disrespected Harry before, no, he wasn't going to get the reaction he wanted, which was praise, his ideas for the go-ahead and Harry fawning over him. I'd love for them to mention the ideas he had for Harry's podcast because he did fail to do that.

And being a giant in the industry doesn't do much when that giant and the giant the person works for is bleeding money and then signed a bunch of podcasters but didn't actually plan out what they would do with the people they signed.

They got Lucky with Joe, Dax and the Call Her Daddy because all of those people were producing podcast, had their own departments and didn't need Spotify to do much but host them.

Curryong

Kenya, an African nation and a Commonwealth country, to join the Invictus Games family is great news. As for the Spotify deal, considering the mountains of printers? ink, the multitudes of hot air the commentating media has used about that issue you would think that Harry and Meghan have single handedly lost WW III for the free world in the last fortnight. Oh the glee, oh the rejoicing, lol!

TLLK

wannable

Quote from: changemhysoul on June 28, 2023, 11:01:59 PM
Correction on Simon, he didn't trash talk for one minute, he's done it before about Harry.

So, seeing as Simon disrespected Harry before, no, he wasn't going to get the reaction he wanted, which was praise, his ideas for the go-ahead and Harry fawning over him. I'd love for them to mention the ideas he had for Harry's podcast because he did fail to do that.

And being a giant in the industry doesn't do much when that giant and the giant the person works for is bleeding money and then signed a bunch of podcasters but didn't actually plan out what they would do with the people they signed.

They got Lucky with Joe, Dax and the Call Her Daddy because all of those people were producing podcast, had their own departments and didn't need Spotify to do much but host them.

1 minute or 10 minutes, my point still stands.  One can't be angry with Simmon when Harry has done worse.

changemhysoul

Big Enough News for this to get it's own post and not apart of my master post.

It's more news on Invictus X Kenya.

https://twitter.com/KBCChannel1/status/1674408098998505474

It was posted by KBC Channel1 News, Kenya's National News Broadcaster

David Wiseman (tallest man in the photo) is Director of Invictus Games. The man with the beard to his right, he is , Derrick Cobbinah served 10 years in the British Army. He has helped to lead efforts to expand Invictus Games to Nigeria and Kenya. Derrick lives and works in Ghana advocating for the needs of veterans.

Another photo

Also,

Invictus Games Foundation was repped in the Kenya Senate, invited by one of the MP's

https://twitter.com/ArchewellBaby/status/1674432488779968512

It looks like we'll be getting an official announcement soon.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on June 29, 2023, 09:24:08 PM
Big Enough News for this to get it's own post and not apart of my master post.

It's more news on Invictus X Kenya.

https://twitter.com/KBCChannel1/status/1674408098998505474

It was posted by KBC Channel1 News, Kenya's National News Broadcaster

David Wiseman (tallest man in the photo) is Director of Invictus Games. The man with the beard to his right, he is , Derrick Cobbinah served 10 years in the British Army. He has helped to lead efforts to expand Invictus Games to Nigeria and Kenya. Derrick lives and works in Ghana advocating for the needs of veterans.

Another photo

Also,

Invictus Games Foundation was repped in the Kenya Senate, invited by one of the MP's

https://twitter.com/ArchewellBaby/status/1674432488779968512

It looks like we'll be getting an official announcement soon.

Hope so. I think it?s terrific news.

TLLK

News about The Diana Award has been moved to this thread in the Diana, Princess of Wales forum

The Diana Award News

TLLK

Prince Harry plans Netflix doc on Africa ? without Meghan Markle

QuotePrince Harry is making plans to return to Africa solo for a new Netflix documentary, Page Six can reveal.

Despite questions over the future of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex?s $100 million Netflix deal, the renegade royal is planning a new doc, we?re told.

The Sussexes are under pressure to come up with winning content for Netflix after it was revealed their Spotify deal had imploded.

Harry?s potential African journey will inevitably be seen as following in the footsteps of his mother, Princess Diana, who traveled to Africa to campaign against landmines shortly before her death.

It?s not yet known what the documentary will be about. However, the ongoing Hollywood writers? strike means the prince cannot move forward with his plans yet, we are told.

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on June 30, 2023, 07:00:50 PM
Prince Harry plans Netflix doc on Africa ? without Meghan Markle

It's the without Meghan that tickles because....people can have different interest.

Anywoo, A Netflix Film about the Kingdom of Lesotho would be lovely or some film following the works of African Parks.

TLLK

wannable

Saving grace, a last Hollywood opportunity (to open doors to other streamer apps). IMO, the couple should go, do the red carpet, listen carefully and do exactly what their minders/handler = Agency says, and all will be fine.

wannable

^Usually once voted in the five major film industry awards, the others folllow through.  The unusual happened a few minutes ago, Deadline - Hollywood bible has just announced that their docudrama didn't get the votes for the Emmy's.

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

Oops my bad, I thought it was the CCA (Critics Choice Award), which is why my previous comment of 'usually the rest follow through'.

^ Yes, cleared now, the HCA (Hollywood Critics Asso) is fairly new and in trouble fast - from money disappearance to questioning methodology of 'votes'

wannable

OH NO EVEN MORE?BAD LUCK ? HITS MEGHAN & HARRY ..LATEST #breakingnews #meghanandharry #meghanmarkle - YouTube

Neil Sean said last night the HCA will not have an actual ceremony, allegedly the organization sent a letter to all nominees stating that due to the screenwriters strike is the excuse.  Awards will be sent to the winners.

IMO, I'd rather wait to see if the above is true, only because for now the Emmys will have a ceremony regardless of a screenwriters strike.

Where will the 2023 Emmys be held?
The Microsoft Theater
The 75th Primetime Emmy Awards will be held Sept. 18 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The ceremony will broadcast live on Fox at 5 p.m. PT/ 8 p.m. ET. The host of the ceremony has yet to be announced.1 day ago

wannable

EQUIMUNDO REPORT: THE STATE OF THE WORLD?S FATHERS
NEWS
JUL. 21, 2023
Equimundo, an organization working internationally to engage men and boys as allies in gender equality, has released the State of the World?s Fathers 2023 report. They conducted research across 17 countries and surveyed thousands of men and women.

The 2023 data shows that men are increasingly involved in caregiving and would like to increase their care work at home, although deeply ingrained social norms and a lack of supportive policies and power structures discourage them from doing so. The report recognizes care work as the bedrock of society, and calls for continued advancements towards gender equality. It also emphasizes the need for media representation that normalizes men?s caregiving roles.

The Archewell Foundation is proud to have supported this report, as well as Equimundo?s continued work to promote gender equality around the globe.

To read the full State of the World?s Fathers 2023 report:

Equimundo Report: The State of the World?s Fathers  | Archewell

State of the World's Fathers 2023 | Equimundo

TLLK

Sentebale's Instagram account posts the details of Prince Harry's upcoming charity polo match in Singapore and his summit appearance in Japan.

Login ? Instagram

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 31, 2023, 12:12:33 PM
Sentebale's Instagram account posts the details of Prince Harry's upcoming charity polo match in Singapore and his summit appearance in Japan.

Login ? Instagram

This is so good to read, especially as the Cup of this Polo Club has raised 11 million so far for Sentebale. Thats a terrific total.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on July 31, 2023, 11:38:08 PM
This is so good to read, especially as the Cup of this Polo Club has raised 11 million so far for Sentebale. Thats a terrific total.

That's right! I'm ready for Harry bc we didn't get a Polo season this year. Harry will be heading a team vs Nacho who will also be heading a team. It's going to be great to see the brother's again, esp after Nacho refuted a  story in Page Six.

They will also be doing an event in Toyoko the day before.

TLLK

I have to admit that I was a little surprised that there wasn't a polo season with Harry this summer. However he might be choosing to just play in one big charity tournament a year now.