Highgrove: A Garden Celebrated (Video)

Started by cinrit, April 09, 2014, 11:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Prince of Wales has written a new book about the gardens at his Highgrove home in Tebury, Gloucestershire.

Written with Bunny Guinness, a chartered landscape architect, journalist and radio personality who is a regular panellist on the long running BBC Radio 4 programme, Gardener's Question Time, the book called HIGHGROVE: A Garden Celebrated is a commemoration of the sustainable garden started by His Royal Highness over 30 years ago.

The Prince said: "I find it hard to believe that by the time this book is published I shall have been at Highgrove for almost thirty-four years ... my enduring hope is that those who visit the garden may find something to inspire, excite, fascinate or soothe them."

When The  Prince bought Highgrove House in 1980, the surrounds consisted of a brown path which ran around the house, a lawn and a few thorn bushes. Now three decades later, he has transformed the land adjoining the house into several gardens which embody his gardening ideals and organic principles, reflecting long-standing concerns relating to global sustainability.

More: Highgrove: A Garden Celebrated

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

LouisFerdinand

The Highgrove Garden   
                           The Highgrove Gardens - YouTube

Duch_Luver_4ever

Ill check it out later, but hard to Celebrate a garden sowed with seeds of deceit and adultery, maybe if he spent more time on his first wife instead of his celery or whatever, he wouldnt have needed a second one. Just shows how out of touch with reality he is, hmmm such a hard choice, cuddles and picnics with Diana....or weeding....gee let me think about it and get back to you, said no sane man, ever!!!!  :lol:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.