Harry & Megan - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, March 17, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

Being a divorce is the least of her issues ... that is not why the majority including her own sister dislike her and she has tanked Prince Dim's popularity ... I gotta laugh at those who think I would have issues with this marriage ... I say bring it on ... Harry deserves every thing that will happen to him ... it's Liz I feel sorry about ...

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on April 03, 2017, 03:00:45 PM
Quote from: amabel on April 03, 2017, 05:39:32 AM
Quote from: Yale on April 02, 2017, 11:44:47 PM
Phillip is Greek.  He was born and raised in Greece.  (I think)
No Greek blood whatsoever, as far as I know
No his ethnicity is mostly German.
of course.  And it was a hell of a long time ago, when Mostly Royals still married each other, so they were simultenously foreigners but usually related.  So Philip knew the score about being Royal, he knew England well .  Even so, many of the RF didn't take to him or the courters.
I think that a foreigner, not of royal birth, marryring into the senior royal family now, would have a hard time of it...

SophieChloe

Quote from: tiaras on April 03, 2017, 04:23:03 AM
Quote from: SophieChloe on April 02, 2017, 09:58:46 PM
^^ Unlike the ones that live here and pay taxes to make/made this Country function?

Another example  of the *vagina* lottery!

He may not have been a foreigner when he married Liz, but someone like him wouldn't be welcome in today's Britain.
^ Sadly.

I'm disgusted by my Country at the moment.  Farage and his ilk have a lot to answer for. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

royalanthropologist

Like Donald Trump, Meghan has exposed our society in all its nakedness. We can no longer claim to be morally superior or even particularly tolerant. As far as I am concerned; the moment someone gets legal citizenship they cease to be a foreigner. To call them so is a tad unkind and rather illogical. Speaking of the Germanic Windsors and Phil the Greek doesn't make sense for people who have been in this country for nearly a century.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Good God its a nickname.  PHilip IS  a foreigner in that he's mostly german and Danish In blood and was born in Greece...

royalanthropologist

I know it is a nickname. Just like "big ears" but when you really think about those names, they do not say good things about the people that coined them.

BTW virtually everyone in Britain today is foreign if we strictly follow bloodlines. People come and go.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Eri

^ Speechless ... there are no special qualities to this publicity seeking nightmare ... his past girlfriends like Chelsy , Flee and Cressida are all better looking  than her and would have made better Royals compared to this woman ... too bad none was as desperate as Megan is ... maybe Chelsy ... one Day ...

Eri

^ Without getting into an argument about something that has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand I was just illustrating the differences between Cam and Megan and why the first blended in perfectly with the Royals while the latter wouldn't that is all ... please don't make this about things that happened 30 + years ago ... no one cares ... The Royal family is a very difficult set up to marry into and even Di and Sarah who grew up around them didn't survive ... Kate who chased after it  :Jen: for a decade seems to have the same difficulties with one difference ... a very pushy family who will help her cope whenever it gets too much for her for their own gain ... I can't see Megan last one Day in that environment  ...

sandy

How do you know how Meghan will do as a royal? You forget that Camilla (whom I did not bring up on the thread but responded to someone else) had to wait 8 years after Diana's death and a few years after the Queen Mother's to marry into that family. The Queen Mum would not welcome her with open arms. I would not say Camilla is the most popular royal ever to put it gently. Just because Harry did not marry one of the "younger blondes" does not mean Meghan will be a flop.

California_dream

Quote from: Eri on April 04, 2017, 10:47:39 AM
^ Speechless ... there are no special qualities to this publicity seeking nightmare ... his past girlfriends like Chelsy , Flee and Cressida are all better looking  than her and would have made better Royals compared to this woman ... too bad none was as desperate as Megan is ... maybe Chelsy ... one Day ...
Publicity seeking... :lol: she's doing it all wrong then.If she was desperate or publicity seeking like you said,I was/am expecting her to be papped everywhere she goes,posting regularly on her Instagram.She's doing the opposite of that and also beauty is in the eye of the beholder,in my opinion,she's Harry's best looking gf.You keep wishing for Chelsy and Harry to the back together even though its obvious she isnt interested and neither is he.If they were, they would have when he was single,they didn't

Valentina18

If Meghan and Harry marry I think she could hold her own. No one can survive the ups and down of Hollywood if they aren't strong minded and tough enough to realize the pros and cons of the game. Meghan would be a great duchess if they got married .She has been doing charity work before she meet Harry. Whereas Kate has never had to face the ups and downs of being an fully working adult that why she is having a difficult adjusting to her royal duties unlike Meghan who knows .

royalanthropologist

Ha ha. You people are too funny :teehee: :lol: How Camilla has entered into the Meghan saga is beyond me. Perhaps we can also blame her for the Syrian chemical weapons.

Curryong

As far as engagement rings go, I've always thought Harry's fiancée might choose rubies as a contrast to Kate's Big Blue. If Meghan is The One then I hope for emeralds actually, as I think she would suit them. Previous generations ie the Queen, Queen Mother, seemed to go for solitaire diamonds in their engagement rings. I have nothing against diamonds at all (open to offers here!) but love colour, so that would be my preference.

Years ago I saw a photo of a foreign royal's engagement ring that I loved. (Can't remember the woman in question.) It consisted of a string of small heart shaped rubies chasing each other around the gold ring, with tiny diamonds in between. Unusual and very pretty.

TLLK

From the ROoSS archieves: Here are the ruby engagement rings. @Curryong-I think you described the one that belongs to the Princess Clothilde of Savoy.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Royal Engagement Rings (Scroll down a tad to see the ruby ones.)

I would love to see another ruby engagement ring! There have been some exquisite ones through the years.

Curryong

^ Thank you TLLK. I guess that is it. However, I could have sworn I saw a ring with lots of ruby hearts chasing each other. Anyway, ruby or emerald (maybe emeralds are considered unlucky as engagement rings, there don't seem to be many of them,) I'm hoping for something gorgeous and unusual!

royalanthropologist

Like I said before. I am waiting to see more about Meghan before making my mind about her. At the moment I do not really know much about her but I gather many British people are not particularly enamored by the match. Harry seems serious enough with an announcement to the press to protect her but I have long learnt not to trust the press with the truth so everything with a pinch of salt.

Re the engagement ring. I think Ruby would actually look nice on Meghan. Diamonds have been done and done and done. It is good to try something else IMO.  BTW just saw that pink diamond they sold for 77m. Frankly speaking, I saw nothing in it to merit such a price. Maybe for jewels, beauty is in the eyes of the purchaser.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on April 06, 2017, 01:06:39 AM
^ Thank you TLLK. I guess that is it. However, I could have sworn I saw a ring with lots of ruby hearts chasing each other. Anyway, ruby or emerald (maybe emeralds are considered unlucky as engagement rings, there don't seem to be many of them,) I'm hoping for something gorgeous and unusual!
I had not know that emeralds were considered unlucky so that would explain why they seem to be rare among Western engagement rings. I wonder if an orange or yellow diamond might be a choice for a royal bride? Maxima is the only one that I know of that has an orange diamond though. With Meghan's coloring I think a  yellow diamond might be lovely , but she might find it rather limiting.

amabel

Yes of course Emeralds re unlucky because they are green.  So are opals unless they are your birth stone.And if Meghan were to marry Harry(not htat she will) she'll need all the luck she can get).

Eri

Le sight ... again C&C had no matter what some think of it a 40 + years long relationship when they got married it was clear she wasn't going anywhere ... no one in Liz's inner circle is that far gone to let a divorcee who just last Year was in a CIVIL UNION and was LIVING with another man and has pictures and videos like the ones Megan has on the Internet ... not that anyone that counts is giving this a second thought ... she will be gone pretty soon ... all it will take is for one of those girls I am sure Harry is texting to actually answer ... anyone who knows anything about Harry knows what I am saying is true ... this is amazing ... it's like some didn't see the man grow up and don't "know" him ... he gets bored pretty easily and as many children of divorced parents seems very weary about marriage ... he won't marry someone he meet last July ...

Curryong

Camilla was in a marriage with another man (with children) while she was sleeping with Charles. (By the way they didn't have a 40year+ relationship when they wed. That would have meant the relationship began in the mid 1960s when they were teenagers.)

Meghan was in a defacto relationship with Cory the chef which ended (according to the Toronto Star) in May last year. She saw Harry in the June at Soho House and the relationship deepened in July. Lots of people have that sort of dating history and maybe Harry and Meghan will end up married for forty years, unlike his father with his disastrous first marriage.

amabel

Or maybe it wotn.  I don't believe that she'll be acceptable to the RF...

Curryong

Why won't Meghan be acceptable to the BRF, which already has four divorcees in its senior ranks? 

Lady Deb

^^ Yes, Prince Charles, the heir to the throne, who actually will be king is onto his second marriage to a previously divorced woman. However, it is convenient for some people to ignore that fact and just keep harping about MM being divorced.

sandy

Princess Anne remarried in Scotland as well. And no big fuss was made about her being a divorced woman.

Eri

Megan has more issues than Vouge that have nothing to do with her being divorced ... it is rumored both Chelsy and Cressida were pushed away because they didn't hold up to very important occasions Chelsy looking like a pure mess at Will's wedding Cessida at WE Day were it was clear people that count were watching ... now imagine how those same people feel about Megan's pictures and that scene in the Beverly Hulls reboot  :coy: ... no way this woman will be allowed anywhere near the Balcony ... like no way ...