The Prince alongside her

Started by LouisFerdinand, November 03, 2018, 11:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Did Diana once remark she thought she could cope with royal life if she had the Prince alongside her?

Curryong

Yes, at the time of her engagement. But a lot of things changed in after-years.

LouisFerdinand

Yes, numerous things changed quite a lot for both Charles and Diana.

amabel

As I recall what she said was something like " with P Charles beside me I can't go wrong...."  However obviously she would have to learn to cope with Royal life and engagemetns without him by her all the time,.

FanDianaFancy

Her words, thoughts there were true.
Kate, umm, Catherine has grown in age, natruirty, style, personal changes of motherhood, comfort and self-confidence in her role, and more WITH AND BECAUSE IF. OW with her in their marriage and in their public BRF roles.

Meghan is still on the learning curve, BUT she has PH leading, guiding, showing, encouraging, constructive criticism too, etc. and more all along the way  BY HER SIDE WITH HER in their personal and professional lives.

This is what real married couples do.

LouisFerdinand

Did Prince Charles inform Diana that he would not always be able to accompany her?

sandy

Quote from: amabel on November 05, 2018, 08:00:19 PM
As I recall what she said was something like " with P Charles beside me I can't go wrong...."  However obviously she would have to learn to cope with Royal life and engagemetns without him by her all the time,.

I don't think she meant it literally that he'd be there all the time with her on engagements.. I think she felt he'd be an excellent mentor to show her the ropes and teach her.

Double post auto-merged: September 21, 2019, 12:26:58 PM

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on November 10, 2018, 05:49:53 PM
Her words, thoughts there were true.
Kate, umm, Catherine has grown in age, natruirty, style, personal changes of motherhood, comfort and self-confidence in her role, and more WITH AND BECAUSE IF. OW with her in their marriage and in their public BRF roles.

Meghan is still on the learning curve, BUT she has PH leading, guiding, showing, encouraging, constructive criticism too, etc. and more all along the way  BY HER SIDE WITH HER in their personal and professional lives.

This is what real married couples do.

I see Kate as still having a lot to learn. She needs to step up duties and diversity topics of her appearances