King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie Celebrate Their 50th Wedding Anniversary

Started by cinrit, September 25, 2014, 11:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteTheir Majesties King Constantine and Queen Anne - Marie celebrated Their 50th Wedding Anniversary with family and friends at a reception held on 18.09.2014 at the Yacht Club of Greece.

(If you wish to read Their Majesties King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie speeches please use the above links)

More: Their Majesties King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie celebrate Their 50th Wedding Anniversary - Royal Greek Family

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Saw the photos from the celebration and it looked like a very fun party for the King, Queen, his sisters, her sister, their children/spouses and the grandchildren. Anne Marie was such a very young bride and new queen at 18!

Curryong

I don't know much about Constantine and Anne-Marie's marriage and how they came to be wed. There were rumours that Constantine's strong-minded mother, Queen Frederika, pushed it so I do wonder how much of a true love affair it was in the beginning. However, they've remained together and seem happy, unlike Sophia and Juan Carlos, another match the Queen apparently arranged.

TLLK

Curryong-The couple met when then CP Constantine accompanied his parents King Paul and Queen Frederika on state visit to Denmark. He met the then 13 year old Anne Marie and decided that she was the one. He proposed to her when she was 15/16 years old.  According to King Constantine he asked King Frederik if he could marry Anne Marie two years later on a private trip to Copenhagen. He said that Frederik led him to another room and shut the door leaving Constantine in a dark small room. Constantine felt around until he found the light switch and discovered he was in Frederik's private bathroom! :hehe: Frederik had gone off in search of his wife Queen Ingrid to share the news that this prince was there to ask for their daughter's hand!. (Saw this interview on "A Royal Family.") The parents agreed but Anne Marie could not marry until she'd finished school and reached her 18th birthday.  :blowkiss:

Curryong

Wow, thanks for that. I thought I saw all of 'A Royal Family', a very good series, but I must have missed that episode. So it was love after all! Aah!  :blowkiss:

TLLK

Curryong-The expressions on his face when he shared the story of being shut up in Frederik's bathroom were priceless.  :lol: