The Serbian Royal Family news, current events and general discussion

Started by TLLK, January 06, 2016, 04:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

PrincessOfPeace

"The Prince of Serbia and Yugoslavia, Peter Karadjordjevic, announced that he had "abdicated" and transferred his potential rights to his brother, Prince Philip."

Petar Kara?or?evi? "abdicirao" i svoja prava prenio na princa Filipa - N1

LouisFerdinand

When was the last time a Hereditary Prince of a country renounced his rights?

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 28, 2022, 04:34:30 PM
"The Prince of Serbia and Yugoslavia, Peter Karadjordjevic, announced that he had "abdicated" and transferred his potential rights to his brother, Prince Philip."

From what I have read on another site, Prince Petar has never had much interest in becoming the future head of the royal household and therefore it makes sense to have his younger brother take on this role.

Here's the official statement from CP Alexander and to be honest it seems to have caught him by surprise.

STATEMENT FROM THE ROYAL PALACE OF SERBIA REGARDING HEREDITARY PRINCE - The Royal Family of Serbia

QuoteRegarding the most current events in the Royal Family of Serbia?s line of succession, and the withdrawal of HRH Prince Peter from the position of Hereditary Prince, HRH Crown Prince Alexander, as the Head of the Royal Family, issued the following statement:

?Concerning the withdrawal of my oldest son Prince Peter from the line of succession, I wish him all the best for the future, good health, and happiness. I appreciate his honesty regarding the tough decision he made.

This issue was brought to me quickly, while I am abroad, due to previous obligations. Unfortunately, such a crucial and important procedure was not followed properly, in accordance with the tradition and rules of the Royal Family, and the Family Rulebook, which was written in the time of the Kingdom, and which all members of the Royal Family need to follow. This occurrence and procedure did not take place at the Royal Palace, in Serbia, with my presence and authority as the Head of the Royal Family, with the blessing of our Holy Church and with Crown Council participation in the process, but in a foreign country, without a good reason for performing such important matter away from our homeland.

The Royal Family of Serbia will continue to serve the people with dedication, honesty, and loyalty, which is the obligation and duty for us?, stated HRH Crown Prince Alexander.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

In an exclusive interview for "Politika", Crown Princess Katherine spoke about humanitarian activities and her dedicated work, together with Crown Prince Alexander:

CROWN PRINCESS FOR POLITIKA: "ONLY UNITED WE ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO PROVIDE SUPPORT AND COMFORT" - The Royal Family of Serbia

PrincessOfPeace

Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine were guests of honour at the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of British International School last night 12 June at the White Palace.

25TH ANNIVERSARY OF BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL AT WHITE PALACE - The Royal Family of Serbia

PrincessOfPeace

Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine officially opened today 14 June the tourist season for 2022 and invited everyone interested in visiting the Royal Palaces to join the tours organized by the Touristic Organization of Belgrade.

Before the Royal Family's return to Serbia, the Royal Compound was closed to the public, and opening it for the tourists was one of the first important decisions of the Head of the Royal Family ? Crown Prince Alexander.

Pictures and Photos - Getty Images

OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE TOURIST SEASON AT THE ROYAL COMPOUND - The Royal Family of Serbia

PrincessOfPeace

To commemorate the National holiday Vidovdan, a Holy Liturgy was held today in the Royal Church of Saint Andrew the First Called at the Royal Palace, as well as the commemoration service for the heroes of Kosovo battle, and it was attended by Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine:

CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER VIDOVDAN MESSAGE AFTER THE LITURGY IN ROYAL CHURCH - The Royal Family of Serbia

TLLK

1,000 children visit the White Palace in Belgrade for a special celebration ? Royal Central

QuoteCrown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia have hosted a Christmas gathering for more than 1,000 children in need from Serbia and the Republic of Srpska. The event took place at the White Palace in Belgrade, the official residence of the Royal Family of Serbia.

These children, who are without parental care, have intellectual disabilities, or are socially vulnerable and range in age from one to fourteen. They were given the opportunity to celebrate Orthodox Christmas with the royal couple and share in the holiday?s spirit. The events were supported by the patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Porfirije, the Serbian Minister for Family Welfare and Demography, and several private individuals including the sister of HRH Crown Princess Katherine.

The tradition of hosting Christmas gatherings for children in need was started by Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine after their return to Serbia in 2001. After a two-year break due to the Covid-19 pandemic, during which gifts were delivered directly to institutions, the royal couple were pleased to be able to host the gatherings again at the White Palace and give gifts to the children in person.

TLLK

Serbia?s Crown Prince and Princess support for tourism ? Royal Central

QuoteThe White Palace in Belgrade was the setting for a special focus on tourism with a look at links between Serbia and Greece and aims to encourage people from both countries to choose each other as holiday destinations.

Tourism is a major contributor to the economies of both countries.

The Serbian Crown Princess is born Greek, so the ties between the two countries are close. The Thessaloniki Tourism Organization, with the support of the Greek Ministry of Tourism, went to the White Palace to present ?Thessaloniki in Belgrade?. This event highlighted Thessaloniki?s tourism as well as its business, gastronomy, cultural, educational, and attributes as a city break destination.

The event was held in collaboration with ?Tourism Plus ?and with the support of Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia. A significant aspect of the event was the signing of a Partnership Agreement between the Thessaloniki Tourism Organization and the Tourist Organization of Belgrade, which aims to increase tourist flows and investments in both cities.

The event began with a welcoming speech from Crown Prince Alexander and was followed by speeches from various distinguished guests, including the Ambassador of Greece in Serbia, the Vice Governor of Thessaloniki Region and the acting Director of the Tourist Organization of Belgrade.

TLLK

A special anniversary for Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine ? Royal Central

QuoteThis year, Serbia is celebrating a significant anniversary. It is 30 years since Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine began work on one of their main charities.

Over the years, the Crown Prince couple have established several charities, including the Princess Katherine Foundation and the Lifeline Humanitarian Organization, which work to help the most vulnerable in society.

Their work has had a major focus in the healthcare sector, helping to provide medical equipment and support to hospitals and clinics across Serbia.

Nightowl

Beautiful family, is he now the heir?  Hope all goes well for this family!

TudorQueen

Quote from: Nightowl on November 24, 2023, 07:36:05 AM
Beautiful family, is he now the heir?  Hope all goes well for this family!

Yes as his elder brother Peter abdicated his place and that of any future kids, in succession. Since he is older then his twin, Philip is the new heir.

Seems right. Both Philip and Alexander unlike their older brother actually live in Serbia. They certainly both have more of a draw there. Peter lives abroad, unmarried and with a child out of wedlock. He seemed to have no desire to succeed his father, even before he abdicated it.

Nightowl

Thank you very much for the reply and all the information.  I don't know much about them yet now I will do some research and learn about this family.  Glad to see that there is an heir and he seems to have a beautiful famiy  with a son already to be heir in waiting, something like George of the BRF.....